#196 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,409 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:07 PM

If the hearing was held in open court then it's public information. We could have all gone along and watched if we wanted.

#197 wolfie

wolfie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:10 PM

If the hearing was held in open court then it's public information. We could have all gone along and watched if we wanted.

small claims court is not what you think

when i took a solicitor to court a few years back for charging for letters not written it was in a back room of the courts and very informal

#198 Prawn

Prawn

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:17 PM

our hearing was held in one of leicester courts hearing rooms, it was clearly displayed on the table when you entered the main building, and anyone who wanted to come along and watch was more than welcome :D

#199 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:09 PM

i can see Morson paying the money back at £1 a week as it's all he can afford

#200 zebidee

zebidee

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:14 PM

Brilliant to hear that its no longer up in the air, and that the clearly right judgement was made!

#201 helairmike

helairmike

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:14 PM

Morspeed in Leicester have had my sons money for an engine and despite numerous false promises nothing has ever turned up.

Should Mr Morson's Solicitors need to veryfy the above statement of fact I am happy to be contacted through the Forum.

#202 Jimmy Morris

Jimmy Morris

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:38 AM

I have just received my purchase!!

Edited by Jimmy Morris, 27 November 2009 - 10:35 PM.

#203 mumofoli

mumofoli

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:30 PM

I urge you all to contact Trading Standards and Watchdog, this has to be stopped. He takes all this money from people, where does it all go?! Having fought a long legal battle on behalf of my son and won, he is now expecting to be able to pay £50.00 a month - it would take 10 years to pay the debt, yet he took the money off my son. Trading Standards should be made aware of all this, this man should NOT be allowed to trade, still taking people's money and supplying nothing in return.

#204 Sir Cheat

Sir Cheat

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:44 PM

Well looks like morspeed wont be getting my money, Shame that because i liked the idea of there short engines...arr well M.E.D here i come

#205 CityE

CityE

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Local Club: Bury Mini Club

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:45 PM

Well looks like morspeed wont be getting my money, Shame that because i liked the idea of there short engines...arr well M.E.D here i come

I know this is an old thread but.......

Are there people out there owed money by morspeed? I would like help in recovering my money for parts ordered in January and have still not turned up! Has anybody reported morson/morspeed to trading standards?

#206 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:56 PM

I know this is an old thread but....... Are there people out there owed money by morspeed? I would like help in recovering my money for parts ordered in January and have still not turned up! Has anybody reported morson/morspeed to trading standards?

Do you have a receipt? Have you contacted them by phone to discuss your parts? I'm going down there sometime in the next week so if you pm me your details and what your waiting for, i'll ask about it while i'm there.

#207 shinerwright

shinerwright

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Local Club: Portsmouth & Southampton

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:19 AM

I know this is an old thread but.......

Are there people out there owed money by morspeed? I would like help in recovering my money for parts ordered in January and have still not turned up! Has anybody reported morson/morspeed to trading standards?

Oh yes, I have been owed an engine (4000 pounds worth) for 3 years now - and still trying to get it, although I have given up recently as fed up with with his excuses (when I eventually get through to him that is).

Has anyone had any luck with small claims court although I don't think 4000 is small?!! I don't want to pay the court fee if there's no way of getting anything back.

Oh and also tried visiting him but after the 2 hour drive his workshop has closed and apparently moved - anyone have any news?

Martin

#208 ducati.tom

ducati.tom

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Local Club: Bournemouth mini club

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:57 AM

Hi Martin

I took morspeed to court and gained judgment and gained a charge on his property.
I have been in contact with Simon after gaining Judgment, who promised to deliver my engine and resolve the issues so I could then remove the charge.
I not heard anything since August!

Dark Scamp has some link with Simon and I think is trying to help people, although I am unsure of the success rate.
Morspeed are trying to set up again, and Dark Scamp has seen Simon so I understand.

I am in the process of enforcing the judgement

#209 maggies_minder

maggies_minder

TMFs New official Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:58 AM

Hi Martin

I took morspeed to court and gained judgment and gained a charge on his property.
I have been in contact with Simon after gaining Judgment, who promised to deliver my engine and resolve the issues so I could then remove the charge.
I not heard anything since August!

Dark Scamp has some link with Simon and I think is trying to help people, although I am unsure of the success rate.
Morspeed are trying to set up again, and Dark Scamp has seen Simon so I understand.

I am in the process of enforcing the judgement

good on you mate people like this need to be sorted out, shame the law doesnt allow what most would like to do.

#210 shinerwright

shinerwright

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Local Club: Portsmouth & Southampton

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:27 AM

Thanks i will drop Dark Scamp a PM.

How did you go about taking him to court as this will be the first for me, through small claims court?

I notice there is an online small claims court - has anyone used this?

thanks for help,

Martin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users