#1 ds23pallas

ds23pallas

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:21 PM

Hi

I've just purchased some braided Goodridge hoses to replace the rear lines on my Mini but I can't figure out the best way to fit the banjo bolt.

I'm assuming that the banjo end goes to the hard line on the subframe, but it can't attach in the same way as the old flexible ones (i.e. through the hole in the subframe).

If I fit it by just passing it through the bigger hole the line won't be long enough to reach the wheel cylinder (see pic below).

Can anyone shed any light on which whay these fit, or better post a pic?

Posted Image

Thanks
Andy

#2 tommy13

tommy13

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:32 PM

Sorry to say they look totally wrong for your application. They should have the same type ends as the original rubber hoses. I can't see how you could make these fit.

#3 Miniholic

Miniholic

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Local Club: MCR Yorkshire

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:37 PM

The banjo is for connecting to the wheel cylinder, the subframe end fits using the normal mounting tab on the subframe. You can also get a shorter braided hose which simply replaces the standard flexi hose and has normal fittings each end.

You'll also need to secure the hose to the radius arm as you can't use the standard fixing. Make sure the line is secure and doesn't catch on anything as the radius arm moves.

#4 ds23pallas

ds23pallas

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:41 PM

The banjo is for connecting to the wheel cylinder, the subframe end fits using the normal mounting tab on the subframe. You can also get a shorter braided hose which simply replaces the standard flexi hose and has normal fittings each end.

You'll also need to secure the hose to the radius arm as you can't use the standard fixing. Make sure the line is secure and doesn't catch on anything as the radius arm moves.

Ah right - I had looked at fitting them that way but the banjo bolt seemed to mate with the flared end of the subframe line so I assumed they went that way around. Not to worry, I'll swap them around :lol:

Thanks for the advice. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users