• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,429 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 26 November 2004 - 02:49 PM

macmillan

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

All money raised through sponsorship of each driver taking part will go towards Macmillan.

#2 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 03:00 PM

excellent, a couple members of my family have passed away from cancer.

my uncle, a great man with many classic vehicles has been hit by cancer and its not looking good :sad: but he has had tests and operations and things are getting better :lol:

so all money how ever little goes to a good cause for research into fighting cancer.

thanks

#3 marksmini

marksmini

Mark - Founder of TMF since 2003 - Onwards

• Admin
  • 29,429 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 03:59 PM

so has someone in michelles family, who was very close,

please feel free to tell us if you have been touched by any of this?
be nice to here about other peopele

#4 Sunshine

Sunshine

Friend of TMF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:35 PM

unfortunatly cowboy's dad passed away in december 2 years ago from prostrate cancer.
my grandmother passed away form brain cancer when I was about 7. I still think of her and know it was hard on my mom

this will help to raise the money to help fight this horrible disease

#5 Barnett

Barnett

Michael Jackson has died...*plop*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts
  • Local Club: the freeeeloader!!

Posted 26 November 2004 - 06:46 PM

My Mum passed away in 1995 from Cancer and she was a macmillan patient in Chelsea, London!! God bless her... :lol:

Another very best friend Lost when i was 17 he was only 17 too, leukemia!! he would of been a great footballer!! proberley for one of our premiere leagues!!

My wifes Grandmother died 2001 died of cancer!! stomach cancer,

The staticstic are 1 in 3 people will come into contact with Cancer in there life, and if we " TheMiniForum " can donate even a little something it may help someone else loosing someone very special like we all have!!!

Loosing Mum tore my world in Half...change me and my life!!

#6 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 08:23 PM

I will do my best to join the party and raise cash for Macmillan. Both my wife's parents died of cancer, and her mum had a terrible time in hospital until we managed to get her into the care of Macmillan nurses in a hospice (Somerset), where she died peacefully. My own mum died of cancer this year in great distress in after being treated like a sack of potatoes in hospital, because there were no Macmillan nurses in the area and the local hospice (Gloucestershire) was half closed through shortage of cash. So a few extra quid for this charity will hit the spot.

#7 marksmini

marksmini

• Admin
  • 29,429 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 08:23 PM

would it be ok to donate what money i make to the local cancer research fund. Its set up in the village i live and we usually raise bout 8k a year - not bad for around a 100 people. the person who established this in the village has now passed away with cancer and now his son looks after it (he gave me a mota-lita steering wheel when he got his mk3 's'). i would love to give a nice big cheque to the local charity if its at all possible.

rob

sorry rob macmillan only. on this event

#8 mini-magic.de

mini-magic.de

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 12:05 AM

I myself have not lost anyone close with the illness, but i am more than willing to add a donation, even though i myself i will miss out on the trip across Europe,:lol:( i`ll have a borring 9 hour trip alone down there ;-(

although maybe i can get the local mini clubs to get there fingers out of there butts here in Hamburg(and the north of Germany) and join the convoy

I also have a few punters in France & Italy who i think would be more that buzzing to be invited to this????

this could be the European meeting of the 21ST century, YE HA, im buzzing off if,
I canĀ“t wait, :angry:)

MINI 4-EVA

#9 NixiPixi

NixiPixi

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 02:54 PM

i think macmillan is a good charity to give to........ so many people get affected by cancer.

My dads mum, dad and uncle all passed away due to cancer.

My Great uncle ^ passed away a few weeks ago so im still gettin 'used' to it :lol: he lived so far away( :wales: ) that i keep 'forgettin' that hes gone, thn wen i remember i wnt b seein him at christmas i end up really upset.

i never even got to meet my dads mum, she passed wen he was only 15, and his dad (grampa) passed wen i was little so it didnt affect me much.

All charities are so worthwhile, but im glad macmillan has been chosen.

The people who work at them mean so much.
Two of the nurses who cared for my great uncle came to his funeral, and it meant so much for my family to meet thm and to hear just how much they adored him. I know for one of the women looking after him was more thn a job, she used to visit him and see how he was on her days off........... Thank you, jus didnt seem enuf, we donated to the charity to allow more people recieve this type of treatment.

#10 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 04:00 PM

I think thats a very worthy cause. My friend got Leukemia when he was 12, and now he's 21 has only just started to come out of the other side of the illness, and my family has been affected as well. And of course theres the old man himself - Mr Dibnah (R.I.P Fred)

#11 Crazy-Laney

Crazy-Laney

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 08:55 PM

This is definately something our club could well be interested in..................

Posted Image

We raise funds for Breast Cancer care
Laney & Vince

Attached Files

#12 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 30 November 2004 - 10:51 PM

hey mumbo please email me if u have any ideas, or suggestions.

Nick

#13 marksmini

marksmini

• Admin
  • 29,429 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 12:04 AM

Cream Tea Country

:grin:

i lived down there 2 years ago lol

whats your club name and where are you based?

be glad to take anyone on

maybe get a convoy up from down there to london?.....

#14 Guest_falk_*

Guest_falk_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:02 AM

so i'm joining the queue of people who know people who were hit by cancer...
in my case it was myself who was hit by cancer back in '96...
and as you can see i suvived it. more than 50% of the illness are depending on psychological effects. your mentality how to fight cancer if it has hit you has a very big role and can not be overstressed!!! we all should start getting the taboo out of talking about cancer, because this is what helps patients too...
naturally since then any charity given to whatever kind of cancer research attracts me...
so let's make this thing BIG! :grin:

#15 Barnett

Barnett

Michael Jackson has died...*plop*

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
  • Local Club: the freeeeloader!!

Posted 07 December 2004 - 01:44 PM

Falk your right!!!

My mum "god bless her" i miss her sooo much...she is forever in my thoughts...and who says " time heals!!?? "

As soon as she heard she had cancer (56), she gave up!!! i could see in her eyes nothing was important...she lost the will to live because she was sooooo scared of dying!!! not because of herself but of what she will be leaving behind!! :sad: and cancer destroyed her in 6 months...losing weight everyday...we all tryed to get her motivated, but it was no use!! she was being taken over...in the end she didnt even know who we was!! she died at night at home in bed!! " her wish " :sad:

This sponser means alot to me too!! i know im not running in the convoy from the UK, because i will meet your all there!! but i will be 100% making a donation...they are the VERY best...as all helpers are!!

just the thought of getting cancer sends chivers down my spine!! and Falk i respect you with every word!! this cancer is a killer...and the more awareness the better!!

Shirley Barnett R.I.P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users