#1 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:40 PM

Yo,

My mate RedeyeUK (nice chap, used to have a mini. Now owns a TR7) has shown me a nice tip for removing oil and rubbish from part. Seeming as mini's get damn oily thought it's a good idea to pop it up here.

From,

Posted Image

To

Posted Image

The magic comes via the kitchen cleaner Fairy Power Spray.

So just thought you'd all like to know about it.

http://z12.invisionf...p?showtopic=844 << Blatant pimping.

#2 Bam

Bam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:47 PM

Nice one!!!!

I might have to try that.

#3 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:51 PM

I might try that on my engien, but then again it might take my paint off lol. Nice find RedeyeUK :teehee: thanks for posting it up Big Adam :P

#4 Mephiston

Mephiston

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Local Club: London and Surrey

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:04 PM

wow thats pretty impressive - must have a go at that

#5 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:44 PM

Or the way I’ve tended to clean stuff is brake cleaner/sprits and a good scrub and then to finish off and while no ones looking, pop it into the dishwasher.

#6 M44K TS

M44K TS

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:50 PM

any idea if it will work on oil patches on driveways?

Our drive has some large stains from a few years ago off my brother, he bought a Vauxhall Omega which was missing a flywheel inspection cover, so everytime he pulled the car on the drive, oil trickled out. Much to my dads annoyance.

Most of the oil is gone, just some light stains left, tried everything to shift the marks but nothing's really worked.

#7 Danny Boy

Danny Boy

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Local Club: Cant find one!!

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:05 PM

any idea if it will work on oil patches on driveways?

Our drive has some large stains from a few years ago off my brother, he bought a Vauxhall Omega which was missing a flywheel inspection cover, so everytime he pulled the car on the drive, oil trickled out. Much to my dads annoyance.

Most of the oil is gone, just some light stains left, tried everything to shift the marks but nothing's really worked.

Try gunk driveway cleaner i used it when i spilt brake fluid and oil all over the pavement outside my house cleaned it up better than a pressure washer which didnt seam to work at all :teehee:

#8 Dog

Dog

Deathwish Fairy

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • 9,550 posts
  • Local Club: Shatrats.com

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:15 PM

another one that works well... Cliet bang works in the same way :teehee:

#9 M44K TS

M44K TS

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:23 PM

tried gunk but the marks are stil there (block paving is a nightmare!)

I'll give Cillit Bang a shot... even though i think Barry Scott is a :teehee: lol

#10 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:17 AM

Word of advice, read the label of some of these kitchen cleaning products.... quite a lot of them have an active ingredient which attacks aluminum... especially oven cleaners.

#11 Amy

Amy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:16 AM

Word of advice, read the label of some of these kitchen cleaning products.... quite a lot of them have an active ingredient which attacks aluminum... especially oven cleaners.

I was just going to say that.... there's a reason why they haven't stuck power sprays and Cillit bang into a new bottle and called it engine degreaser!!

Although it does work and I admit to have used them on parts of Toad's engine before now, you should be careful, as they can cause pitting in Aluminium.... if you don't believe it, pour some into an old aluminium saucepan and see the results in a couple of days!

They'd be raking it in if someone came up with an engine degreaser that worked like these do :teehee:

Gunk in an air gun sprayed into all the nooks and crannies works well, just use a high pressure hose to get it all off afterwards!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users