Photo
- - - - -

how many people on here have a mini minus?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#61 gadgets23

gadgets23

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:33 AM

but no not really ! .. see my msg in your thread..
i just dont see that it is enough minus to be called minus..
if ya look at marcos then half of them i just cannot see how they are even classed as minis !
eg http://www.minimarco...hustler/h6.html

its more foreign matriel than minus ... sorry mate ...
ya already listed (#12#) as having one, will just add a note that u have a poject underway 'based' on minus too......
with link to your thread say ...

Mick ...
ps its not a 2r4

#62 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:47 AM

I'm number 23 on that list, but didn't pay that much for it.....

#63 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 08:56 PM

Number 22 sits in my garage being turned into a gsxr100 powered z-cars minus. No competitipn for Ade as his will always be the first and the best :rolleyes: . Pic can be found in my project section. When finished it will be red with a white roll cage.

Pete

#64 gadgets23

gadgets23

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:42 PM

F1MINI
arr good stuff F1MINI :- (what is ya name ?) whats your plans for it ?
to carry on and just get it back on teh road or ...??
and what was the final price ? althou ya dont have to tell us/me !

pete
:dontgetit: arr cool see from another post that ya have big plans for it !? ...
(couldnt find any pics :rolleyes: only one that ya can partly see the wing ?)

all, just upadted list with all the new referances of peeps buying selling ! no new ones .. still on 23

Mick ...

#65 Andykettle

Andykettle

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Local Club: GR8 MINIS!

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:07 PM

?? How come chris started this thread yet one of his mini's is being excluded from the list when it is one!

I count 24 chris!

#66 gadgets23

gadgets23

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:35 PM

well im undecided ... i know its is/or been made up from aminus...

but its the old question of,
just cause its using part of something dont mean its that ..
if ya got that shell, and plonked it onto a, lets say a 'SMART' car .. (as it would prob fit ! .. ) or a fiat cinquencento
would that smart/fiat car then be classed as a minus too ??

Mick ...
PS hes already on the list anyhows :rolleyes: #12a#, and #12b#

#67 Andykettle

Andykettle

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Local Club: GR8 MINIS!

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:50 PM

So that makes ades and anyone else not a minus then cause you could use there kit's in something else. (no offence to ade or anything cause there top motors.

#68 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Local Club: GR8 minis

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:32 PM

So that makes ades and anyone else not a minus then cause you could use there kit's in something else. (no offence to ade or anything cause there top motors.

well said andy!
If you take what gadgets23 is saying that makes ades "minus" only 3/4 minus 1/4 bike! ha! ha! no offence ade!his is a great minus! But the meaning of this thread was to find how many minus's there are even if they are 1/2 minius!or eaven destroyed!! >:rolleyes:

#69 gadgets23

gadgets23

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:38 PM

i have already put him in twice on the list. 12a and 12b....
so a record has been made on the 'minus list'

but its a good arguement andykettle with ade's in mind.... just were do ya draw the line ?
if some one only used say doors from a minus would it class the whole car as a minus ?
or say doors, boot and bonnet ?
were do ya draw the line ???

at present the space frame minus, is minus only due to the roof, body height, door surrounds and rear 1/4's
i mean it was even questioned if that was minus ! lol....
but to the trained eye you can tell :rolleyes:

so maybe with that in mind it should be classed its own number ?

Mick ..

#70 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:24 PM

LOL Have people missed a very big point here? The Minus is effectivley a kit car bodyshell? It's not some classic car? The very point that they obviously made a number or variants would seem to point out that they were always intended for purposes other than making a classic A-series mini :rolleyes:

I think that in that case the car in question needs to have the minus bodyshell to be classed a minus?! All the other parts would be from a mini donor car anyway. The doors are altered mini ones the bonnet is part of the "kit" the bootlid is normal mini.

It's like saying ooo thats not a proper westfield because it's got different headlights? lol :-

So you could quite rightly say it's not a mini but it is a minus.

#71 gadgets23

gadgets23

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:43 PM

yeah, ya gots a point there..

with that in mind, and the fact u can, if ya know minuses well,
tell that its a minus shell.
plus the already desribed 'space framed minus'...
this makes the total unique minuses to be found publicly to
#24# !!

well done group for a well discused brainstorming point, which didnt end up being a flame war :rolleyes: makes me pround :- must be the mini influence :dontgetit:

Mick ....
list updated :ermm:

#72 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:40 AM

Yeah Minus's are quite easy to spot in the flesh. Just there are some similar fibreglass shells that have very similar design ques. And people seem very quick to call them minus's when they are just a fibreglass shell. :-

But tis nice to know am part of a very exclusive little club :D And will enjoy for a short while being the only bike engined one...... :ermm: :D

#73 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:04 AM

Looks like, dare I say it, a minus register! Keep up the good work.
And I don't think anyone with a minus shell needs to be excluded, so well done for conceeding to popular opinion.

I think it would be great if we could persuade the moderators to create a sub section on the site (like the turbo forum) where we can run a thread where you can register your minus with a pic, it's spec, and a short relevant story (how you got it, what you do with it etc).
Good idea????

#74 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:46 AM

Looks like, dare I say it, a minus register! Keep up the good work.
And I don't think anyone with a minus shell needs to be excluded, so well done for conceeding to popular opinion.

I think it would be great if we could persuade the moderators to create a sub section on the site (like the turbo forum) where we can run a thread where you can register your minus with a pic, it's spec, and a short relevant story (how you got it, what you do with it etc).
Good idea????

Just sent this to Charlie Brown:

Hey charlie,
Can you please forward this to what ever moderator/administrator who can do the necessary computer jiggery pokery.
A guy on this thread(gadget24) http://www.theminifo...08
has compiled a list of minus owners. It would be nice to create a sub section forum (like the turbo section), where we can move this thread to, where minus owners can 'register' their car with a pic or two, spec list and short relevant story (how they got it, what they do with it, etc). We could them move these 'registration' pages to a seperate protected 'view only' thread, which would form the TMF Mini Minus Registration List. I'm still guaging interest at the moment, to find someone who 's prepared to look after this section, but in theory, is this achievable if a volunteer is found?
Cheers ALi

What do people think?

#75 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:57 AM

Potentially a good idea as we can then have minus specific questions and answers.... but being as there aren't what you'd call loads of them would it really be worth it?

It'd be nice but like i said not sure the Admins will see it as a good use of webspace.... :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users