Jump to content

Community Status Updates



does anyone have a converted van that they use to transport their mini around...looking at converting one but not sure what to get..suggestions from guys who have one greatly appreciated
Apr 14 2019 12:16 AM
  • Avtovaz's Photo
    escargot you could have the ramps down while driving it?? hmm!

    Enclosed trailer can be the brian james ones for example, or could be a converted caravan chassis that you make a frame work for yourself... Plus also, you only have to tax and insure the tow car...
    Apr 21 2019 10:17 PM
  • Lucas1988's Photo
    the issue in the uk is that you have to have an old timers license to tow a car trailer legally I've got a hgv license so a big lorry isn't an issue just getting to where i need to take it down a tight lane is
    Apr 22 2019 08:42 AM
  • DeadSquare's Photo
    Just used gurgle, and it seems that the opposite is the case.

    If you passed your car driving test on or after 1 January 1997 you can: drive a car or van up to 3,500kg maximum authorised mass ( MAM ) towing a trailer of up to 750kg MAM. tow a trailer over 750kg MAM as long as the combined MAM of the trailer and towing vehicle is no more than 3,500kg.
    Towing with a car - GOV.UK
    Apr 22 2019 10:56 AM
Mini Spares