4 replies to this topic

#1 shedonwheels

shedonwheels

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:01 PM

My windscreen washers aren't spraying out any water. The tank is full of water/screen wash mix yet no water seems to be getting through?
I thought maybe the washer jets were clogged up so been poking around with a pin to clear the nozzles but still no joy. Just went and had another go and ended up snapping the needle off in one.

Help!

#2 il-barba

il-barba

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Local Club: malta mini

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

are you hearing the water pump working when you push the button?

#3 shedonwheels

shedonwheels

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:34 PM

Yep can hear it. And the wipers go up and down a few times as they would normally. Just no water coming out for them to wipe.

Is there a chance a hose is clogged up? If so what would I use to flush it?

#4 maddogmcg

maddogmcg

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

have you checked the pump is actually working ,if so then follow the line to where it splits to go to each washer and check water is reaching this point ,if it is then its a problem with the jets themselves , or the smaller sections of tube that go to each jet and as you have blocked one with a broken pin ,dont stand in front of it as you try the jets in case it gets blown out into your eye lol .

You could try to blow thro the system with compressed air to clear any blockages ,in fact if there is water in the tubes you should be able to disconnect at the pump end and blow the water out using only mouth power !

i think you can but replacement jets and some have a double jet which i find better than original fitment

#5 Heather&Henrietta

Heather&Henrietta

Boobs + Batteries = Trouble!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • Local Club: JMC & BMC

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:31 AM

give the jets a good clean too! I had a similar problem, I thought I had just 2 jets when I actually had four! :P :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users