roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:39 PM

i can speak to clarkson if you like!!

do it :thumbsup: do it :techsupport: do it :dontgetit: do it :P do it :ph34r: do it :w00t: do it :w00t:

#17 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:50 PM

Ok.

I'm on MSN to a mate who knows him very well right now.

#18 Minimade

Minimade

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:33 PM

i like the angle of the lambo chasing the minis round the track they just might go for something like that
you are right they need to be steel bodied ones
ive got some contacts i will try sort something out
chris

do you think a steel bodied Z Cars mini would stand a chance? it must be a close run thing, Maybe a Hyabusa turbo would suffice!!!!

The spectical would be amazing, £15,000 worth of British enginered mini on a par with or beating an Italian £100,000 supercar!

#19 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:34 PM

i like the angle of the lambo chasing the minis round the track they just might go for something like that
chris

do you think a steel bodied Z Cars mini would stand a chance? it must be a close run thing, Maybe a Hyabusa turbo would suffice!!!!

The spectical would be amazing, £15,000 worth of British enginered mini on a par with or beating an Italian £100,000 supercar!

and then they wheel out the ariel atom :thumbsup:

#20 Minimade

Minimade

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:42 PM

chris

Alright I give in, Chris roll out the big guns. Monte Carlo Hyabusa. the white one on the minifilms DVD, 0-60 in 2.8secs should just about do it!!!!!! :techsupport:

#21 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:45 PM

chris

Alright I give in, Chris roll out the big guns. Monte Carlo Hyabusa. the white one on the minifilms DVD, 0-60 in 2.8secs should just about do it!!!!!! :techsupport:

this would be reallllllllly interesting. whay not type R v type R ?

#22 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:46 PM

chris

Shaggy on top gear!!!

#23 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:53 PM

chris

Alright I give in, Chris roll out the big guns. Monte Carlo Hyabusa. the white one on the minifilms DVD, 0-60 in 2.8secs should just about do it!!!!!! :dontgetit:

Shaggy on top gear!!!

not for a couple of years :techsupport:

#24 Minimade

Minimade

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:13 PM

I still think a steel bodied Z Car should be good enough :techsupport: . Maybe Chris and the team could produce an all winning Top Gear Special for the occasion!!! :thumbsup:

#25 Minimade

Minimade

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:16 PM

Hey BIGGAV I notice you are reading this topic did you speak to your mate? off topic but wehere are you I firefigher, I'm at Oldham, Manchester!!

#26 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:57 PM

yes. he doesn't know when he will be seeing jezza next, but will mention it.

I'm in Witney, Oxfordshire. Home of the next Prime Minister!

#27 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:03 PM

yes. he doesn't know when he will be seeing jezza next, but will mention it.

I'm in Witney, Oxfordshire. Home of the next Prime Minister!

jamie oliver?

#28 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, the one Clarkson did on the show was the JKD / Cooper Works built Mini Hotrod, and teh twin cam motor was also JKD...you can find the vid on youtube.

The only (non standard) mini that Clarkson did a feature on was the twincam A-series that John Cooper Garages built in the late 90's(the reg was HI5 FUN, it was green and had the KAD twin cam head. Very quick for the A-series). And he was going mad for it!!! Imagine if he'd driven a z-car?!!

Fifth gear did do a great little feature on the mini once. They mainly covered the mini45 show but the best little bit was when they went out in the zcars/holeshot birhtchild. It's a silver zcars bike-engine package with a Holeshot Racing (Holeshot are well known and respected for building racing bikes) fully sorted, hyabusa turbo!

AND, the best footage of that car is in the first Minifilms DVD. I think that has to be one of the most awesome bike-engined minis for the road I've ever seen. When that car powers out of a bend with Bill Sollis at the wheel, the inside front wheel is off the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing.

Adam

PS. I have that fifth gear mini special recorded on VHS. Might try an get it onto DVD and cut out the rest of the *rubbish* if anyone would be interested in seeing it...

I think I remember that mini, it was called 'Hotrod', sorry to split hairs but I don't think it was registered H15 FUN, that was Mike Coopers car of John Coopers Garages. Rover built the Hotrod at a reputed cost of £30,000 back then!!, I think they also built a luxury one at the same time called the 'mini Limo' to celabrate the mini's 40th birthday. Clarkson was indeed loving it, I think he would wet his pants in a Z cars mini, 0 - 100mph in 8 or 9 secs loverly!!!

I would defo be intrested in seeing the appearance on Fifth Gear I've never seen that one :)

Edited by Monte Busa, 13 October 2008 - 05:18 PM.

#29 Joshmini

Joshmini

I Want To Ride My Bicycle! (Just Not Peddle)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:47 PM

This is a plan!
Get in contact with them i want to see some zcars mini's wupp some £70,000+ supercars ahah.

Edited by Joshmini, 13 October 2008 - 05:48 PM.

#30 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:56 PM

PM sent to Zcars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users