#46 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:39 PM

i think a company and your dad are two different things

My dad didnt do anything he jsut has a 7 and saw the thread about top gear on the website. People from the Lotus 7 oweners club tried for the 50th anniversairy of the 7 which was last year. 1957 2007. An important car in British motorsport history, Colin Chapman i hope many would agree obviously a vital part of the way motorsport is today all over the world.
Andy Willman is the man with the final say on topgear stuff.....

Caterhams are one thing BUT a MINI is another!! I know I would say that as I own one. Top Gear have had them on the show before and Clarkson loves the britishness of them.

As for being watched by 200 million around the world, have you ever read one of the mini magazines on sale, I don't think there is a country in the world that doesn't have an owners club of some sort, the people of the world LOVE IT!!! :mrcool: There can't be many cars in the world that has as much of a following as the the mini, The caterham not being one of them :cry:(I'm not saying that caterhams aren't a great car, and don't have a large following, because they are, and they do :) . But you must agree that they don't have a world wide following like the Mini has).

What is anyone asking them to change? Just to feature an intresting car, on a remarkable aniversary, which people around the world would be intrested in!!!!

No one is worried about public opinion, Z cars minis are great for getting the adrenalin going, they sound and look amazing,
it would be nice to share the experience with other petrol heads, who may not know of such an unsuspecting giant killer.
I'm sure Chris and the Z cars team would also like a bit of publicity and recognition for building a great little car, eh Chris!!

I couldn't agree more ".......it would be great", but I, like you have my doubts. I don't think this will happen, but as I said when I started this topic ".......just a thought" ;)

the smiling faces say it all about your opinions to me. Im building a Zcar I dont need your convincing on minis cheers. you misunderstood my point.

There is no need for this public show of appoval..... Its great the way it is

Cheers

Edited by brandon7, 16 October 2008 - 08:05 PM.

#47 Minimade

Minimade

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

i think a company and your dad are two different things

My dad didnt do anything he jsut has a 7 and saw the thread about top gear on the website. People from the Lotus 7 oweners club tried for the 50th anniversairy of the 7 which was last year. 1957 2007. An important car in British motorsport history, Colin Chapman i hope many would agree obviously a vital part of the way motorsport is today all over the world.
Andy Willman is the man with the final say on topgear stuff.....

Caterhams are one thing BUT a MINI is another!! I know I would say that as I own one. Top Gear have had them on the show before and Clarkson loves the britishness of them.

As for being watched by 200 million around the world, have you ever read one of the mini magazines on sale, I don't think there is a country in the world that doesn't have an owners club of some sort, the people of the world LOVE IT!!! :) There can't be many cars in the world that has as much of a following as the the mini, The caterham not being one of them :thumbsup:(I'm not saying that caterhams aren't a great car, and don't have a large following, because they are, and they do :lol: . But you must agree that they don't have a world wide following like the Mini has).

What is anyone asking them to change? Just to feature an intresting car, on a remarkable aniversary, which people around the world would be intrested in!!!!

No one is worried about public opinion, Z cars minis are great for getting the adrenalin going, they sound and look amazing,
it would be nice to share the experience with other petrol heads, who may not know of such an unsuspecting giant killer.
I'm sure Chris and the Z cars team would also like a bit of publicity and recognition for building a great little car, eh Chris!!

I couldn't agree more ".......it would be great", but I, like you have my doubts. I don't think this will happen, but as I said when I started this topic ".......just a thought" :thumbsup:

the smiling faces say it all about your opinions to me. Im building a Zcar I dont need your convincing on minis cheers. you misunderstood my point.

There is no need for this public show of appoval..... Its great the way it is

Cheers

I didn't join this forum to upset/annoy/hack people off, please don't take offence. The smileys are just to show that i'm not taking things too seriously, I hope people see that!!

I can see from your avatar that you like minis, i'm not trying to convince anyone (most people on this forum are here 'cause they like minis).

I'm not talking about public show of approval. From a petrol heads point of veiw, i've been blown away by these cars for years,
I'm sure there are other car nuts around, who havn't been able to see them and admire the work that goes into them, an appearance on Top Gear would be a great place to show them off, not gain approval. I have noticed that a lot of people who have built them haven't previously owned minis (a lot of them have owned scooby's and were in search of more thrills!) how are these people meant to learn about the best way to embarrass an M3?

I don't think I misunderstood your point, that it will be nigh on impossible to get them on prime time TV. As you will have notice in my reply "I couldn't agree more ".......it would be great" so as you can see we have a similar opinion on the subject!!!!

Again, no offence intended, (I've even left out the smileys for you).
We're all here for the same reason, 'cause we love cars.

All the best with your project, (hope to see it on here soon, if it isn't already!)

#48 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,416 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:09 PM

It would be a disappointment if there isn't at least one national telly programme dedicated to the Mini's 50th.

The obvious event to base it round is the IMM in Birmingham, for lots of background & to show that the Mini still has a huge following. It's easy to think of countless Mini themed stunts the top gear schoolboys could get up to. "What if we were to pull the Italian Job Heist today?" would make a great running theme. Each of the big kids gets a different tuned Min to load with "gold", drive down steps, across weirs, in to the back of a bus.... you'd also get a few laps in with a modern Italian police car (lambo, ferrari) as the benchmark.

Just putting a Z Car round their track just to make stopwatch comparisons with supercars would be selling the Mini short in my opinion.

#49 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:52 PM

I didn't join this forum to upset/annoy/hack people off, please don't take offence. The smileys are just to show that i'm not taking things too seriously, I hope people see that!!

I can see from your avatar that you like minis, i'm not trying to convince anyone (most people on this forum are here 'cause they like minis).

I'm not talking about public show of approval. From a petrol heads point of veiw, i've been blown away by these cars for years,
I'm sure there are other car nuts around, who havn't been able to see them and admire the work that goes into them, an appearance on Top Gear would be a great place to show them off, not gain approval. I have noticed that a lot of people who have built them haven't previously owned minis (a lot of them have owned scooby's and were in search of more thrills!) how are these people meant to learn about the best way to embarrass an M3?

I don't think I misunderstood your point, that it will be nigh on impossible to get them on prime time TV. As you will have notice in my reply "I couldn't agree more ".......it would be great" so as you can see we have a similar opinion on the subject!!!!

All the best with your project, (hope to see it on here soon, if it isn't already!)

Cool cool! Cheers, its going alright thanks. Harder than people think....

#50 Minimade

Minimade

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

It would be a disappointment if there isn't at least one national telly programme dedicated to the Mini's 50th.

The obvious event to base it round is the IMM in Birmingham, for lots of background & to show that the Mini still has a huge following. It's easy to think of countless Mini themed stunts the top gear schoolboys could get up to. "What if we were to pull the Italian Job Heist today?" would make a great running theme. Each of the big kids gets a different tuned Min to load with "gold", drive down steps, across weirs, in to the back of a bus.... you'd also get a few laps in with a modern Italian police car (lambo, ferrari) as the benchmark.

Just putting a Z Car round their track just to make stopwatch comparisons with supercars would be selling the Mini short in my opinion.

I think your're spot on, the IMM,and the modern day 'Italian Job', maybe they could call it 'The Italian Mob - get done again!' :mrcool:

#51 Minimade

Minimade

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:51 PM

Cool cool! Cheers, its going alright thanks. Harder than people think....

I'm sure it is, just wish I had the dosh - I couldn't part with the Cooper to fund it :mrcool:
Maybe in the future!!

#52 woody17

woody17

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Local Club: three valleys mini club

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:04 PM

would be great! then 5th gear would do a rip off one with street fighter bikes vs a-series or something

#53 JR.

JR.

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:06 PM

Clarkson has already driven a Vtec front engined mini, think the video is still on You Tube. They have also done a piece on track day cars with the Caterhams against the Atom etc. They seem to be a bit choosy about what cars they want on the programme as Ultima have approached them more than once in the past about featuring there Ultima GTR. Ultima even hired the same track and tested it with their own Stig and it was 4 seconds faster than the fastest car on the leader board around the track, but still TG are'nt intrested in testing it. Ok, some may be of the opinion that the Ultima is a kit car, but you can buy a" turn key" from the factory and that makes it a, low volume, production car. Maybe it can't get over a road hump without scrapping, that seems to be their criteria. As for the Z-Cars minis being featured I think Fifth Gear would be better as they do feature the odd non standard car from time to time, and Needels is as good a driver as you'll get.

Here is the youtube link[/size]

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=4q5ZHU8yvLQ

#54 fatgaz182

fatgaz182

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Local Club: Fat Gaz Club UK

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:38 PM

I personally want too see (Top Gear of course) something along the lines of a 'Who drives minis' kind off Idea
For Example,

This is Edna, she's 107 years old shes had he mini since she bought it new in 1961, she runs to the shops twice a week and stores it in a garage with a blanket over it and reads it a story everynight.

A few shots of the car and 'Edna'. And she says something like 'he is a good boy' and such like.

Then show 'the student' in the 86 City and they can talk about how they drive it home from Uni in Brighton to there house in Stranraer every week blah blah

Going through different owners and there uses of there minis ie everyday runners, sunday drives.

Then they say something like, meet Mad Dog McKenzies he owns a 19.0lt 7wheel cooper with flames on the roof etc etc

If you see what I mean???

:D

#55 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:33 AM

Yeah so you know all that stuff I said, forget it. Watch top Gear this Sunday 8pm for the r500 at Dunsfold Park. It was 0 degrees there when they filmed yesterday should be interesting, hard to get heat in the tyres I bet.

Here is the official thread
http://www.blatchat....t.asp?Id=161694

Banter Thread
http://www.blatchat....t.asp?Id=161630

Maybe this could give a better indication than anything else of A Zcars time??

Edited by brandon7, 04 December 2008 - 10:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users