minipixie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Local Club: Lincoln TMF and Notts TMF

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:43 PM

hey guys

in need of ya help!! jus been out in the mini and had the window open but it was blowing my hair too much so did the window up a bit, but then wen i got back on my drive i thought id open it more so it can stay cool before i go out later, anyways as i was opening the window something went clunk and then quite clearly fell off and landed inside the door, as it turns out it leveled the window out (cus it used to tilt forwards and needed the front leifting up to close it) but now it wont go up or down, the winder moves round with no problem but the window doesnt move......... :sad: and in the hot weather i want to open it a bit!!!!

anyone know whats wrong? or any tips???

sian

#2 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:57 PM

Sounds like the mechanism has died, if you had to 'help' the window up before then there was defo a problem there.

Best thing to do is take the door card off and have a look.

#3 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:59 PM

sounds like the wineder bit has broken its proberly time to replace it

#4 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:59 PM

Or if you can wait till Drag Wars perhaps some nice people can help you out. :)

#5 minipixie

minipixie

• Members
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:01 PM

cheers for ya quick responses!

well, im gonna go take the door card off and take a pic of it, see what u think, then i might wait to see if some nice people can help me out! lol!

if the mechanism has broke how easy is it to replace and where can i get it from?

#6 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:55 PM

I would have said it was one of the window holders (as apposed to the winder mechanism it self) and i would guess that b4 the window wasnt sat in one properly which is why you had to lift one side to move it.
So my guess it that that bit has finally fallen off.

#7 minipixie

minipixie

• Members
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:02 PM

well.....im back with pictures and it doesnt look too good, not that i actually know what im looking for! lol

anyways first picture..
Posted Image
this is jus of the whole door

second picture....
Posted Image
close up of something that moves about in bottum of door

third pic.....
Posted Image
i shoved my camera in one of the wholes in the door and took a pic of the inside of the bottum of the door if that makes sense? and there is deffinately something in the bottum that moves and it looks quite big!

fourth pic....
Posted Image
this is jus the same as the third but from slightly diff angle

any guess's as to what it is? how bad it is? etc etc

#8 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:06 PM

that looks like the bit that holds the glass in has fallen off in the last pic

the big silver bit in the middle , if you remove the screws and take that bit out that the broken bit

its a bit terickey so use a hanes

#9 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:13 PM

998Dave has just fixed this problem on this mini. He should be able to help...when hes back online.

And is that secret writing on the door in the second pic?

#10 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:28 PM

I said it was that!!! :) :tongue: :tongue: :)

#11 mini_sam

mini_sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:31 PM

crikey, when you said it was moving i thought you had an animal trapped in there :) maybe TC was hiding a young boy in there! :tongue: :grin:
looks like the peice that lifts the glass to me though, should be an easy fix! :)

#12 998dave

998dave

998cc's Of Dave Goodness

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,566 posts
  • Name: Dave

Posted 11 July 2005 - 10:18 PM

998Dave has just fixed this problem on this mini. He should be able to help...when hes back online.

And is that secret writing on the door in the second pic?

Exactly what it is, same as both doors on mine, and I've recently not fixed it as it fell put again, super-glue time for me. You need new runners, from any mini spares place, they rust like crazy as water runs down windows onto them and is then inside ddoor so not heated or blown off! Whooops!

You can come and fix them when I do mine if you want, worked for Cb's brakes, lol...

Dave

#13 minipixie

minipixie

• Members
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 10:20 PM

hmmm certainly looks like secret writing! lol! Tom says he's gonna help me fix it, well i might stand and watch cus im not too good! lol!

but i was just driving home and there was this lil bang thing and i was likeo whats that cus i hadnt noticed and then realised it was a bit breezy! my window had fallen open about half way down! so im thinkin i shud get it fixed pretty soon jus incase the rain comes!

#14 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:29 PM

You need to get new window channels, as it looks like the one which has fallen off has been butchered by Mr Autoglas (or silimlar) in the past as the chimp didn't know what he was doing and has levered it open to release it from the glass. You need a new channel (the correct one as they are handed) or possibly both for one window and a new strip of glazing rubber. Loop some gaffertape over the top of the door frame and stick it to the glass each side to hold the glass up while you take the winder out.Take the winder mech off of the door (use the right screwdriver to avoid damaging the heads) and clean all the old sealant off. Take the glass out (you have to remove both the inner and outer draught seals first). Now you need to set both the channels onto the glass. Fold the strip of rubber in two lengthwise and place it over the edge of the glass, then trap it in place by fitting the channels. They need to be a good tight fit on the glass and rubber (don't use superglue, it won't work!), and you may need to use a hammer to tap them down, just be careful and make sure the glass is fully supported and on a flat piece of wood or something, whatever you can to try and stop it breaking. The position of the channels is very important, they must be where the rollers need them to be. I don't think it's written down anywhere, but you could compare them to the other side of your car. Then put it all back together.

#15 Cir-clipalot

Cir-clipalot

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:50 PM

And while youre at it get some waxoyl or something in there...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users