• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts
  • Local Club: The Mini Forum

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

Hi all,

Well as some of you may know, my mini got reversed into last week :teehee: :

My First Crash (Link)

My pride and joy, ruined before my eyes in a few seconds :unsure: .

Damaged rear quarter.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Damaged door.

Posted Image

Both.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any way, life goes on, and it looks like his insurance company will be paying out :) , and have been for a few quotes and they have said te damage is repairable :D . But as the winter is drawing in soon :thumbsup: , I have decided to keep it off the road until June '09'ish when my insurance runs out and I will hopefully have a years no claims, so it will be a little lower than my first year.

So I'm back to driving the good old Fiat Cinquecento :kiss: , disgusting I know, buts its reliable and had good MPG, so I will be saving that little bit of extra cash.

In that time I have decided to do the things that I want and need doing to it, so here is my list so far:

Engine Rebuild

1. 998 engine
2. Pocketed
3. 1275 High Performane head
4. HIF 44 Carb
5. Supercharger
6. Orange clutch and AP plate
7. Turbo oil pump
8. High capacity water pump
9. 998 crank
10. 998 + 40thou pistons
11. 1.5 roller tip rockers
12. 256 Cam
13. Oil cooler
14. Straight cut drops
15. Centre pick up
16. Megajolt ECU
17. Lightened duplex Timing Gear
18. Charge cooler (If it can be fitted)
19. A Paul Wiginton Gearbox Baffle Tray
20. Lightened & balanced con-rods with up-rated bolts
21. Steel centre main strap
22. Lightened and balanced flywheel
23. Smaller pully for more boost
24. Silicone hoses

So keep your eyes peeled in the wanted section as I'm going to be needing a lot of things.

New engine to be completed and in by Bingley 2010.

These are the only few things I can think of at the moment, so let me know what you think.

Cheers

Edited by 1987_ParkLane, 07 April 2009 - 05:19 PM.

#2 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:09 PM

Glad the insurance company is coughing up, plans sound good mate.

Still getting that supercharger?

#3 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:16 PM

Glad the insurance company is coughing up, plans sound good mate.

Still getting that supercharger?

Thanks

Yes hopefully, but will see how things plan out.

#4 Cactus

Cactus

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:52 PM

Well hey, greetings fellow park lane owner :thumbsup: Not often you see em, especially with full interior like yours! If you do decide to replace the front seats, it'd be owrth keeping hold of the original ones for the future ^_^

Will be keeping an eye on this, good luck :P

#5 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:03 PM

Well hey, greetings fellow park lane owner :) Not often you see em, especially with full interior like yours! If you do decide to replace the front seats, it'd be owrth keeping hold of the original ones for the future :P

Will be keeping an eye on this, good luck ;)

Yes thtanks, only ever seen two others

Yes and I will be keeping hold of them, but when I get a bit of extra time on my hands, I going to fully restore them as they have seen better days.

Cheers

#6 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:07 PM

Should be going to get an engine and some bucket seats at the weekend if everything goes ok when the inspector comes on Friday. I think the seats are like this, Link, but can't remember totally. I know they are not what I want, but can't complain for £40, will save a bit of money too.

#7 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:51 PM

So tomorrow is the day the inspector comes around, from his insurance company, to have a look at my car and decide the outcome. Just been surfing the net to get some information on my mini, and minis in general, so I have something to fight with if he decides its not worth fixing :) , and came across some interesting things:

1. Only 1500 Park Lanes were sold in the UK, 2500 were sold in export market and 700 sold in Japan.
2. Cost when new, £4194
3. The were sold in bright red with whit/cream decals, in Japan.
4. It was the final installment of the 'London Collection'

I could go on, found it all very interesting to be honest. Would like to know how man are left though. Here is the where I got it all from Link

Cheers

#8 Cactus

Cactus

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:32 PM

I think at the time they were first brought sold, that at the time they were the most expensive production mini to be made. I think though that the same year (1987) the designer also came out, which cost more than the Park Lane, but for a few months at least they were the most expensive. I could be wrong on this though, as all my research comes from the internet.

I think that they are also the rarest of the london series nowadays, or at least it certainly seems that way!

Also, looking at the damage, it seems the only real damage has been done to the door or doorskin, which could help things go in your favour. You said the sill wasn't bent, which means all you have to the actual body (not counting the door - as its easy to replace) is a dent in the rear quarter? As long as the floor or subframe area isnt bent then it would be fine surley? Once you take the door out of the equation then it looks like a superficial dent.

Good luck with it, hope the outcome is in your favour :)

#9 1275 SPRITE

1275 SPRITE

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Local Club: Wreake Mini Wanderers

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:32 PM

Its these seats.

hope the link works.

http://www.minisport..._COBCLUB01.html

#10 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:41 PM

Its these seats.

hope the link works.

http://www.minisport..._COBCLUB01.html

Yes thats it, I couldn't remember them much because Dennis said someone else was having them, so didn't pay much attention.

Hows it going with yours?

Edited by 1987_ParkLane, 16 October 2008 - 06:41 PM.

#11 1275 SPRITE

1275 SPRITE

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Local Club: Wreake Mini Wanderers

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:48 PM

Not too good really, its still not done yet. It was a month yesterday when I took it to him. He said on the phone that it would be done on Monday. I phoned on Monday and he said Tuesday. I phoned on Tuesday and he said Wednesday. I phoned Wednesday and today and he wont answer the phone. I was going to go over there with James as he is going over tomorrow, but now I have to work so cant go. I will probably go in my lunch time tomorrow and boot him up the arse lol. I think because i'm not paying then its getting shoved to the side.

Good luck with the insurance man

#12 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:15 PM

Not too good really, its still not done yet. It was a month yesterday when I took it to him. He said on the phone that it would be done on Monday. I phoned on Monday and he said Tuesday. I phoned on Tuesday and he said Wednesday. I phoned Wednesday and today and he wont answer the phone. I was going to go over there with James as he is going over tomorrow, but now I have to work so cant go. I will probably go in my lunch time tomorrow and boot him up the arse lol. I think because i'm not paying then its getting shoved to the side.

Good luck with the insurance man

O dear, well hope it gets sorted soon.

Well, the inspector was meant to be coming at 1pm today, and guess what, he hasn't :o , so rang them up and asked them where he was, and they said it could be anywhere between 1pm-5pm :thumbsup: , I am not a happy bunny now :( , just want to know the outcome of my minis future, and if they pay, how much lol, but we will see. I'll post as soon as he has been with the verdict :wub: .

#13 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:48 PM

So, the insurance inspector has been, he had a good look around, and well all I can say is, ITS BEEING REPAIRED :thumbsup: , I'm so happy now. Managed to get them to put a new door on it, repair the rear quarter, new arch, new seam strip and a spray :) . Got them to pick it up on a flat bed a week on Monday as its going to Leicester to get it all done, and its not running the best at the moment so wanted to make sure it would get there in one and I don't want them thrassing it :( . So should be looking good when I get it back, and will post losts of pictures of it. So I'm off to look at mini bits on Sunday now :P .

Edited by 1987_ParkLane, 18 October 2008 - 07:01 PM.

#14 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:07 PM

Right, so thought I'll just do a quick post. Tomorrow should be a good day, going to see 1275 SPRITE and see how hes getting on with his mini, and then going over to a guy in Loughborough to look at another 998cc complete mini engine for a rebuild, and some bucket seats. Only problem is, if I decide to get them I will have to get me and my mate, an engine and two bucket seats into my Fiat, could be funny and a lot a swearing lol, will post back tomorrow with pictures of anything I bought.

#15 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:14 PM

Nice one mate! happy it's being sorted for you.

If you ever need a hand transporting things let me know and I'd be willing to help, I know you can't fit much more into a mini than a fiat but every little helps :lol:.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users