#16 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts
  • Local Club: The Mini Forum

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:19 PM

Nice one mate! happy it's being sorted for you.

If you ever need a hand transporting things let me know and I'd be willing to help, I know you can't fit much more into a mini than a fiat but every little helps :lol:.

Yer thanks, might just be ok, if not though will get a van or something.

Also forgot to mention 1275 SPRITE picked up £500 worth of my supercharger bits for me, so getting that little close with everything.

#17 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:08 PM

So went to look at an engine and some bucket seats yesterday and got a complete 998cc engine and two black cobra seat for £100, and picked up my supercharger bits from my mate, and not happy with them, will post pictures later.

#18 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:16 PM

So here are the pictures of my supercharger bits. I'm not totally happy with them as they havn't been made to a high standard, and with them costing £250 each, I would kind of like them to be.

Inlet Manifold

The inlet manifold has rushed and uneven weld, and they haven't attempted to finish or clean it up to look good.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see in this picture, the weld is all rough and not properly finished off, and it is the same on the other side of the hole.

Posted Image

In this picture, the tube all the way around is rough and uneven and has metal filings in, which I know can be washed out.

Posted Image

And in this picture, a few rused welds have been put in and I'm not happy that they havn't really been tidied up.

Carb Pipe

The carb pipe is better and the only problem I have with this is the rused weld on the little bracket.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In this picture you can see the rushed and untidy weld which I'm not happy about, but this is a lot better than the inlet manifold.

I know some of you won't be able to see what I'm moaning out, but I like things to look and be perfect, and at £250 a piece I shouldn't be expecting any less.

Edited by 1987_ParkLane, 13 February 2009 - 11:59 PM.

#19 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:33 PM

Thought I wold put up sa few more pictures of the damage, rust and scratches that will hopefully get fixed and sorted when it goes in for repair on Monday. And then when it comes back I will do some before and after pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by 1987_ParkLane, 13 February 2009 - 11:59 PM.

#20 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:18 PM

Found out today the mini wont be going in to be repaired on Monday as the guy that crashed into me has been slow/not done the filling out of his claims form. So now I have to wait until he has done that then the car will be going in. But don't worry, its not being wrote off as the go ahead to be repaired has been given, its just he needs to fill out his forms. Will let you all know when its going in.

#21 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:12 PM

Found out today the mini wont be going in to be repaired on Monday as the guy that crashed into me has been slow/not done the filling out of his claims form. So now I have to wait until he has done that then the car will be going in. But don't worry, its not being wrote off as the go ahead to be repaired has been given, its just he needs to fill out his forms. Will let you all know when its going in.

Scrap that, they are coming tomorrow now :lol: , between 9-10 so its in for Monday, really wish they would make up their mind lol.

#22 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:39 PM

So they came today while I was at work and my neighbour sent me these pictures of her being taken away :D , but when I get her back she will be all nice and shiny :D .

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 mireyjo

mireyjo

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:38 PM

Gurr.. Silly other drivers!!
But maybe its the push needed to do other work, Ive my fingers crossed, hope all goes well...
Mines of the road at the mo, it scary how much I miss driving it!! hope your not suffering the same withdrawals. :shifty:

#24 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

Gurr.. Silly other drivers!!
But maybe its the push needed to do other work, Ive my fingers crossed, hope all goes well...
Mines of the road at the mo, it scary how much I miss driving it!! hope your not suffering the same withdrawals. :)

I know some drivers can be so inconsiderate, and I agree with you, it is the puch I need to get all the work done on it. I miss driving mine so much, and I am sufering the same withdrawals as you, especially when I'm driving the Fiat lol.

:shifty: lol.

Thanks for the crossed fingers too :) .

Cheers

Edited by 1987_ParkLane, 14 February 2009 - 12:00 AM.

#25 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:50 PM

Been having a re-think about the supercharger, as this happened to my mate:

well today went tits up really found out it was down to the piston and not piston rings. where the lips are to hold the piston rings in place one of the lips had broke half way round the piston. it fell off in my hand luckily and not when it was running. got some omega pistons coming on monday to put in

that happened to me on my engine, but it only pulled off when i was trying to slip my rings on.
there wasnt so much oil being pushed out the breather but rather when i was driving flat out top speed in 4th i could still see breather oil vapor coming out the front of my bonnet (through the grill) would expect it to go throught my wings being as its cut out or low down

I really do want one on my mini, so got to think real hard and weigh up the pros and cons of it.

#26 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 03:20 PM

Well, I started on my smooth boot today, started to sand it down, and found lots of holes and dents just filled in with filler :D , wasn't expect that many, and stripped a bonnet I had down to get the bits I want to use for my internal release. Sorry i don't have any pictures at the moment.

#27 mireyjo

mireyjo

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:58 PM

Yeah,
I seen that lovely temp, i kinda sneered to be honnest.. I take it back now. I was walking to town today, enjoying all the snow and prettyness.. Then an ass with his big jeep destroyed me with slush.. water was running down my legs,boots full of snow etc etc he got me that bad.. So to cut the story short, karma got me for sneering.. lol

#28 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

Yeah,
I seen that lovely temp, i kinda sneered to be honnest.. I take it back now. I was walking to town today, enjoying all the snow and prettyness.. Then an ass with his big jeep destroyed me with slush.. water was running down my legs,boots full of snow etc etc he got me that bad.. So to cut the story short, karma got me for sneering.. lol

Hey don't worry about it, everyone takes the p*ss out of it, and I hate it, so don't worry about it lol.

#29 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:06 PM

So went to pick up my engine and buckets today, and well, what a struggle it was to get the engine into the Fiat, and then we decided we should strip some of it down at my mates so it would be easier when we got to mine, and then decided to leave the block and gearbox at my mates and split them Tuesday, pictures up soon.

#30 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:47 PM

Went over to my mates on Tuesday, got all the stuff off it like started, coil, etc, and now is just a bare block and gearbox. We didn't have the tools to split the gearbox from the block, so hopefully that will be done by the end of the weekend, then I can start deciding what spec I want it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users