3 replies to this topic

#1 Metronic

Metronic

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:50 PM

Hi all, I'm new to all this but here goes!

I've fitted a 1330 A+ engine to my car and am having trouble with the flywheel/pressure plate (both have been lightened). It's the old pre-verto jobby, no matter what I do it slips. Anyone have any ideas on what sort of spacers I should use and more imortantly where I should put them!!!!!

I've put it in today for about the 6th time, and with the car in gear the engine won't turn over. :)

Great site by the way, hence the reason I just joined :grin:

#2 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:56 PM

with the lightened flywheels you will need washers/spacers between then fly and the drive straps. There is an article on the minimania website ( calvers corner ) which details a provedure for making sure you have the right thickness of spacer..

Follow the click link

I used this procedure just a couple of days ago to check my ultralight flywheel, which came with appropriate sized spacers.

#3 Metronic

Metronic

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:25 PM

Hi thanks for the reply, that's exactly the type of article that I wanted. . I will have to take it out again and check it, as that seems to be the way I fitted it this time. I found the mini shops very unhelpful and and disinterested as they were not selling me the flywheel etc.

Thanks again.

Robert.

#4 royallingham

royallingham

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:27 PM

Who lightened the flywheel ? They should have supplied spacers (or left the area as standard) with the parts. Don't really understand the question - with the car in gear the engine should not turn over. Is the problem that the clutch is not disengaging (ie stuck on all the time) or is it slipping ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users