Photo

Whose got the best and loudest ICE on the forum?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 mikesitalianjob

mikesitalianjob

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 07:06 PM

don't really want to fork out for some subs as cash flow is low at mo so i thought i would just get speakers that way wont need to buy a large amp and wiring kits. might buy some smaller speakers that will face outwards that way the sound should still be alright and with some grills and if they were set back this should avoid any damage. anyone who has done the same any info on how you done would be appreciated.
ta.

mike :wink:

#17 mini7racer

mini7racer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 09:10 AM

stick some 6*9s under the rear seats for now and then when funds allow get 2 6*9s subs for under there and turn it into a sealed inclosure

by the way if ou want some cheap 6*9s you can have my 800w ones for £20 +p&p they have only had about 5hours use so are bedded in nicely. have only ever ran them off the h/u and they havent even been tested yet as i dont like my music loud. i pefer SQ

Pm me to let me know.

Karl.

#18 paulbin

paulbin

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 11:22 AM

well i have a 12" magnat sub, huge amp to power that (amp and sub cost over £350 alone) 16cm infinity speakers in the parcel shelf (£110) and 6x9 infinity under rear seats (£110) Pioneer mp3 stereo (another £300) fully sound proofed boot so i think thats quite good, what do u think?

#19 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 14 March 2004 - 12:15 PM

crtianly a good set up there...

#20 mini7racer

mini7racer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 04:40 PM

well i have a 12" magnat sub, huge amp to power that (amp and sub cost over £350 alone) 16cm infinity speakers in the parcel shelf (£110) and 6x9 infinity under rear seats (£110) Pioneer mp3 stereo (another £300) fully sound proofed boot so i think thats quite good, what do u think?

AARRGGHH!!!!!! fool!!!! if you have a sub you don want 6*9s they cancel each other out and just sound pants!! also move the speakers from the rear shelf (where the sub in the boot will interfear with em) to up front, trust me will sound loads better. or atleast make little inclouseres for the rear speakers and fit some others up front.

Karl.

#21 Sutty01

Sutty01

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 08:40 PM

dude you could of put that a lil less agressive and i would not worry cause id do the same as he as

outher than id have

2x 6" round (front)
2x 6" round (under rear seat)
2x 6x9" (parcle shelf
1x10" sub (boot)

loadsa amps in boot lol

but id rather keep mini ice as low as poss avoid w8

#22 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 09:29 AM

so how bad are 6x9s because im gettin some and many people seem to have them so whats the big deal?

#23 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 18 March 2004 - 05:48 PM

I have 2 infinity 13's in the rear parcel shelf, and two pioneer 10's in a custom made pod on the front dash, with an Alpine CDM 7874RB H.U. Doesn't sound bad at all considering the size of the speakers.

#24 rob mini

rob mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 02:56 PM

the 6x9's are 9inch wide to provide extra bass but the oval shape lowers SQ a lot and what do you need bass from them for if you have a sub sat in your boot, never wise to run anything off the head unit as although most say 4x50w they only give about 20w RMS to each channel

Rob

#25 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 27 March 2004 - 01:06 PM

i have 6x9s under the rear seat just ebcause i didnt want people to be able to see the speeakers in she shelf until iv had time to cut it out and do a proper job.

they dont wound too good uncer there either, they lack bass due to lack of air(compare ur boot space to thespace under the seats) though they do the job, the high frequencies are blocked by the front seats so i have 2 10cm kenwoods int he front for the treble

#26 stevenford_uk

stevenford_uk

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 09:31 PM

i am fitting mine to my mini this week, it goes as follows!

-alpine 4 by 60w cd head unit

-alpine type r 1000w sub powered by kenwood 1000w amp, wired at 2 ohm so producing 2000w power! (currently looking at getting another type r sub and a 1100w mono block class d amp!!!!)

-infinity reference 6.5" components in the front powered by 400w rms kicker amp (fitted to doors)
ordering a set of 5" alpine type r components to go in the dash powered by a 250w rms lightening audio amp

ordering 70 metres of sound deadening next week to line everywhere in the car!
sub/s wil be fitted where the back seats were!

-2 batteries in the boot (with split charging system)
-autoleads 1.5 farad power cap for sub/s
-alpine main power cable
-autoleads everything else.

should be about the 130db mark from inside the car!!!!!
will get pics and tests done once its all in and set up.

#27 Sutty01

Sutty01

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 09:49 PM

are you deff and ure trying to hear some music ?

130!!!

an airline engine is at 120!

#28 stevenford_uk

stevenford_uk

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 09:53 PM

i used to go down my local car park every nite and if there was someone new there i would go up to em and say, if they can hold their head in my boot by my subs (the ones in my sig) for 30 seconds they could have the car! log book in hand!
no-one ever beat me! lol
couldn't have it more than half volume when driving, i had a remote with the headunit so i could stand outside the car and control it from there, you could hear it clearly for an easy 300meters away across the main road!

#29 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 18 April 2004 - 11:42 AM

i am fitting mine to my mini this week, it goes as follows!

-infinity reference 6.5" components in the front

I have got those reference components amped up in my clio. They are alright but the crossover sends a low level fuzzy sound to be amplified during quite sections of some CD's. Only on some though. Most people reckon they can't here it'but myself and other ice fans notice it. I can only think that some albums are produced better than others.
It's quite annoying.

I'd get high spec focals if you still have the chance as their crossover is more sophisticated. and does not have the above problem.

Thick gauge Vibe wires helped alot aswell.

#30 lostininglewood

lostininglewood

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 06:37 PM

hi i just joined. :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users