#61 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:03 AM

I'm so hoping the reverse gear is sorted soon.......anyone know when it's likely to be? My drive (to my garage) is about 70ft, slightly uphill so I don't fancy pushing!

I'm led to believe you can order one now - I'm treating myself to one for Xmas - no idea on delivery / production times.
It is rather more expensive than we might have imagined though.

PS - drive forwards to the garage, buy some go-jacks for 120 quid, spin the car around in its own footprint - job done :gimme: could become a pain in the ass if you use the mini every day :lol:

Edited by roofless, 12 December 2008 - 12:06 AM.

#62 Git

Git

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • Local Club: Humanity

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:23 AM

PS - drive forwards to the garage, buy some go-jacks for 120 quid, spin the car around in its own footprint - job done :gimme: could become a pain in the ass if you use the mini every day :lol:

Bat cave style turntable.... saw them advertised once.

#63 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:26 AM

PS - drive forwards to the garage, buy some go-jacks for 120 quid, spin the car around in its own footprint - job done :mrcool: could become a pain in the ass if you use the mini every day :lol:

We've joked about that a few times - I have a car turntable from my exhibition kit - if I had the energy and inclination it would make life a lot easier :gimme:

#64 Git

Git

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • Local Club: Humanity

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:29 AM

PS - drive forwards to the garage, buy some go-jacks for 120 quid, spin the car around in its own footprint - job done :mrcool: could become a pain in the ass if you use the mini every day :lol:

We've joked about that a few times - I have a car turntable from my exhibition kit - if I had the energy and inclination it would make life a lot easier :gimme:

Do it

#65 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:36 AM

Do it

I'd have to dig a very big hole in my driveway - seems a bit too much like hard work :P

#66 andybmini

andybmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:13 PM

so how much are they the reverse box?

#67 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:32 PM

I find out tomorrow :kiss:

#68 andybmini

andybmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:24 PM

I find out tomorrow :D

ohhhhhh let me know!

#69 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:41 PM

I find out tomorrow :D

ohhhhhh let me know!

its still in testing phases with darren, available just as soon as they're happy its solid enough - and its rather expensive - anticipated at 1000 quid or more.
Its a lot more complex than I anticipated and uses some very exotic and expensive components.

#70 andybmini

andybmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:47 PM

ouch!

Wouldn't an electric box be a little simplier/cost effective.........

#71 Jamie

Jamie

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Local Club: Lincolnshire Mini Owners

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

i've been looking at the kit and still undecided...

Is there anything you have to change within the engine itself? also how hard is the wiring to modify the mini loom?

Also how strong is the R1 engine considering its moving alot more weight

#72 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

i've been looking at the kit and still undecided...

Is there anything you have to change within the engine itself? also how hard is the wiring to modify the mini loom?

Also how strong is the R1 engine considering its moving alot more weight

In my opinion and its only mine, Buy the kit, buy an engine with either history or a gurantee from a dealer. Then get Darren and Phil at pro motive to do the rest, assuming they will after my problems! ha ha.
There fit and finish is brilliant and the finished result is far better than I could have managed myself. The time it would have taken me and the problems I would of had to deal with far outway the cost involved in asking the boys that are clued up to do it for you. They have been there, done that and got the tee shirt!
I would also buy a new clutch before the engine is fitted as the last thing you want is to get it all up and running only to have to take it all out again to replace it afterwards. youll be wanting to drive it!

I am over the moon with my car and after trying other tuning methods with the a serise (which cost just as much sometimes and break after 10 mins) its the only time I have spent so much money and not been disapointed after the first couple of months.

YOU WILL NOT REGRET HAVING A PRO MOTIVE MINI!

#73 andybmini

andybmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

I'm getting to the stage where I need to decide on engine.

Everything scream Pro-Motive........then I think "reverse" and cry back to A-series!

However a lot of the kit car builders seem to be adding an electric reverse so why not on a mini?

Have a look here (crap music!)

Reverse video

#74 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:34 PM

^^^^^

Is that how all electric reverse systems work? Just using a starter motor?

Wouldn't that burn out trying to move a minis weight quite often, not all minis being used are gonna be track-prepped.

The pro-motive one utilizes the gearbox so you basically have 6 reverse gears, and a second lever near the main stick to engage reverse when in neutral.

That gets my vote :(

Also having essentially 'two' gearsticks is pure kudos! :P

#75 andybmini

andybmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:44 PM

^^^^^

Is that how all electric reverse systems work? Just using a starter motor?

Wouldn't that burn out trying to move a minis weight quite often, not all minis being used are gonna be track-prepped.

The pro-motive one utilizes the gearbox so you basically have 6 reverse gears, and a second lever near the main stick to engage reverse when in neutral.

That gets my vote :lol:

Also having essentially 'two' gearsticks is pure kudos! :P

The honest answer is I don't know!

From browsing a kit car forum a few have done this and say the only real issue is the drain it puts on the battery. It was conceived by MK I believe and peple do currently run on an R1 engine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users