#16 d4v1dtyler

d4v1dtyler

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Local Club: CCMA

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:42 PM

yup good point, coulthard and button have never really had it in them to be world champions. Personally i think Button is a pretty pony driver, and dont understand why he is something like the third highest paid in F1! Give the money to someone that can actually drive.

#17 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:43 PM

Dont Like him, never did lol.
Its Annoying, Anybody Could be as good as him if they had backing from one of the largest race teams in the world scince there karting days, say 9 years old wasnt it?
Ive always been for Jenson, He Used to be quick when the honda had the performance, Hamilton comes along and All of the actual drivers that dont make a single mistake during the course of the race are pushed to back because of people like Hamilton who have entered F1, and Got a drive in one of the quickest cars out on track.
In My Opinion Watching drivers like Jenson and Coulthard it alot more enjoyable than front running drivers, its just annoying how They are making loads of mistakes, Lock-ups etc, and yet they still have the performance and backing from there team to win Races when i dont really think they deserve it.

Craig

yea but there is a lot of skill involved too and Hamilton has that skill. I dont think 'Anyone' could do it if they were backed by mclaren from the early days, the majority of hamiltons success is his skill that he has shown since very young. And the comment about DC and Button not making any mistakes: my nan doesnt make loads of mistakes and lockups when driving. If you push the car hard enough to be a winner, you are going to make mistakes.

Dont go getting your nan involved :lol:

the Attitude Most People Have on hamilton, Not trying to say you do, is that he is the best, and no-Matter what he was driving for he would still be up front when yehh he has skill, but so does every out there, as you probably know, F1 Cars aernt easy to drive, But it just so happens Hamitlon has jumped straight into the Series with a front running car, and It must be said, one of the best handling cars there is.
If He has started like Anybody else, Say Jordan Or Sauber A few years ago, Id have alot more respect for him as a driver Just because its proved he has learnt the same as everybody else and taken the same steps as them, but he went straight to the mclaren and started the Learning curve there which in my eyes was a bit pointless.

#18 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:44 PM

He is the best British driver that's for sure and amongst the top performers overall... To be fair if they were all in the same car they'd all do the same thing and that would be boring... And the drivers earn places in better teams by performing better wherever they were before, be it a lesser team or a lower level of racing. Which is why DC has been in mediocre cars for the last 10 years :lol:

What did Lewis Do To join Mclaren, Say 'I want to race for you one day' When he was like 8, he worked Bloody hard for that drive didnt he :lol:

If You Took All of the F1 Drivers and Put Them in A1 Cars, there would be a pretty high chance Hamilton wouldnt be as good, Maybe 4th or 5th, but not first.

Edited by Mini-Mad-Craig, 01 November 2008 - 05:46 PM.

#19 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:48 PM

yup good point, coulthard and button have never really had it in them to be world champions. Personally i think Button is a pretty pony driver, and dont understand why he is something like the third highest paid in F1! Give the money to someone that can actually drive.

Thats the point Im Making, How can you say he cant drive? You have clearly never watched any Onboard Footage From Jenson's Car have you?/.

#20 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • 5,140 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:52 PM

Yeah but Craig every seat he earned, he earned by winning everything he raced! It's not like he roared up at McLaren's door in a chavved up Nova when he was 17 and said "Ere guv gimme a job will yer?" ... He's worked for it for about 15 years and won everything he's done! If he'd been rubbish, Dennis wouldn't have bothered and he wouldn't have made it as far as F1 at all. It's not as if he got an F1 seat when he was 8, he got noticed when he was young but he didn't have it given to him on a plate :lol:

#21 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:55 PM

I think Button's level of pay reflects the fact he does more than drive for Honda, but he is still overpaid ... They almost all are!

#22 rallymini

rallymini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Go Hamilton!!

How hard has he and his family worked to achieve so much? How many parents would work every hour to get their son to the pinnacle of a top sport? You make your own luck.

He is in a front running car, but where's his team mate? A good car also needs a good driver.

I so hope he wins the Championship and sticks one on Ferrari and the Ferrari International Assistance organisation, despite all their efforts to take the result away from him.

By the way, did anybody notice that the Ferrari engined Toro Rosso cars seem to have found pace, funny that!

A black US president and F1 Champion, whatever next...

#23 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Yeah but Craig every seat he earned, he earned by winning everything he raced! It's not like he roared up at McLaren's door in a chavved up Nova when he was 17 and said "Ere guv gimme a job will yer?" ... He's worked for it for about 15 years and won everything he's done! If he'd been rubbish, Dennis wouldn't have bothered and he wouldn't have made it as far as F1 at all. It's not as if he got an F1 seat when he was 8, he got noticed when he was young but he didn't have it given to him on a plate :lol:

But He Received the Money He needed To Race in Other series Like GP2 From Mclaren, so Without them He Wouldnt Be In F1 anyway.

#24 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:58 PM

I think Button's level of pay reflects the fact he does more than drive for Honda, but he is still overpaid ... They almost all are!

i agree with that, they should'nt get paid so much for doing somthing they lovel, give it to the Firemen and people that are saving Lives :lol:

#25 d4v1dtyler

d4v1dtyler

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Local Club: CCMA

Thats the point Im Making, How can you say he cant drive? You have clearly never watched any Onboard Footage From Jenson's Car have you?/.

yup seen it plenty of times mate, but when you drive as slow as button your not going to be making many mistakes compared to the faster cars. Hes not a good driver, same with DC, hes spent more time off the track than he has on this season.

#26 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • 5,140 posts

Doesn't everyone get sponsorship for those levels of racing? You'd have to be damn rich to compete without it!

I hate McLaren but for once they seem to be on to a good thing here!

#27 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:59 PM

By the way, did anybody notice that the Ferrari engined Toro Rosso cars seem to have found pace, funny that!

What the hell has that got to do with anything? incase you forgot vettel won in monza.

Got to agree with craig. Id respect him a whole lot more if he had experienced a team further down the grid, like alonso did.

#28 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:00 PM

Go Hamilton!!

How hard has he and his family worked to achieve so much? How many parents would work every hour to get their son to the pinnacle of a top sport? You make your own luck.

He is in a front running car, but where's his team mate? A good car also needs a good driver.

I so hope he wins the Championship and sticks one on Ferrari and the Ferrari International Assistance organisation, despite all their efforts to take the result away from him.

A black US president and F1 Champion, whatever next...

Hamilton Has Taken Piority Over Heikki All Season, Scince Race one.

#29 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:02 PM

yup seen it plenty of times mate, but when you drive as slow as button your not going to be making many mistakes compared to the faster cars. Hes not a good driver, same with DC, hes spent more time off the track than he has on this season.

thats Exactly What im Talking about, As slow As button? What the hell, check out some Telelmetry mate, You will see Buttons Driving is Spot-on, he Is Pedal to The Metal When he needs to be, and after a few laps he knows the where abouts of his car and has learned the braking points of the circuit, you cant say button drives slow, Wheres the logic to that?

#30 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:18 PM

Dont Like him, never did lol.
Its Annoying, Anybody Could be as good as him if they had backing from one of the largest race teams in the world scince there karting days, say 9 years old wasnt it?
Ive always been for Jenson, He Used to be quick when the honda had the performance, Hamilton comes along and All of the actual drivers that dont make a single mistake during the course of the race are pushed to back because of people like Hamilton who have entered F1, and Got a drive in one of the quickest cars out on track.
In My Opinion Watching drivers like Jenson and Coulthard it alot more enjoyable than front running drivers, its just annoying how They are making loads of mistakes, Lock-ups etc, and yet they still have the performance and backing from there team to win Races when i dont really think they deserve it.

Craig

If Lewis didn't perform he wouldn't have had the backing of McLaren, they wouldn't give their number 1 seat to someone who was just average!! If they honestly thought Lewis wasn't as good as someone else then he wouldn't have got the seat.

And the people at the front may make more mistakes, but that's only because they drive closer to the limit, more of the time.

Whoever wins tomorrow will have thoroughly deserved the championship.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users