#31 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,140 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:25 PM

Whoever wins tomorrow will have thoroughly deserved the championship.

:lol:

They've all worked really hard this year and it's been a pretty level playing field at the top!

I've still got my fingers crossed for Hamilton but if Massa wins I'll still be pleased :lol:

#32 icklemini

icklemini

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:30 PM

These stats are 'interesting':

Hamilton
http://www.driverdb....ers/282/career/

Kovalainen
http://www.driverdb....ers/102/career/

Massa
http://www.driverdb....vers/14/career/

Schumacher
http://www.driverdb....ivers/1/career/

Personally: i think lewis is a good driver, very fortunate to have been sponsored since he was 13. Think he needs to mature, will be an interesting race tomorrow to see if he can handle the pressure.

On one hand it would be good to see him win... but think it would help him mature and become better if he was pipped at the post..

Wonder what happened to other young drivers of the McLaren and Mercedes-Benz Young Driver Support Programme

#33 Mini_Rob

Mini_Rob

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Local Club: BreatheMini

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:41 PM

Well DC was never going to win anything was he :lol: Even in a good car he was never a champion.

No, but he came close! 2nd in 2001, 3rd four times and 4th once between '95 and '00. He has the 3rd highest number of races where he's finished in the points, behind only Schumacher, and Prost, and 5th highest career points total. DC would be a worthy champion.

#34 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:53 PM

No, but he came close! 2nd in 2001, 3rd four times and 4th once between '95 and '00. He has the 3rd highest number of races where he's finished in the points, behind only Schumacher, and Prost, and 5th highest career points total. DC would be a worthy champion.

That's because he's been in twice as many races as everyone else! I don't remember F1 without DC :lol:

#35 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:59 PM

That's because he's been in twice as many races as everyone else! I don't remember F1 without DC :lol:

I wasnt born lol

#36 Mini_Rob

Mini_Rob

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Local Club: BreatheMini

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:11 PM

He and Schumacher have both had around 250 races. Nelson Piquet (not Piquet Jr!) and Prost were around the 200 mark. Trulli aswell is around the 200 mark, Gerhard Berger had 210. Barrichello is well into the 270's!

Edited by Mini_Rob, 01 November 2008 - 07:14 PM.

#37 techno-steve

techno-steve

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • Local Club: Leeds Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:34 PM

i wo dissapointed :lol: :lol: :D

#38 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:28 PM

just don't c0ck it up this time Lewis

#39 Spazza24

Spazza24

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:16 PM

i want lewis to win, other wise he will just become a button or caultard not getting any points, and its about time a brit won the chamionship. if it rains hamilton will win i think as he always does good in rain.

#40 landy andy

landy andy

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Local Club: slsmc

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:03 AM

Personaly I hope he takes it! Theres no denying what a fantastic driver he is. It will be good for the sport and good for Britain. Nothing wrong with that.

Then he can be go race real cars (nascar) like Juan Pablo Montoya!! LOL....just kidding. Well,not realy I love Nascar but F1 is pretty awsome.

#41 Roo

Roo

The Queen Of The Curly Wurly

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,656 posts
  • Local Club: South Central Mini Club!

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:28 AM

I hope Lewis wins too..

Everything has been against him this year.... Its clear the F1 officials have not been wanting him to win... The amount of penalties they've been issuing to him and the amount of penalties massa should have had but not issued.

Come on Hamilton you can do it!!

Edited by Roo, 02 November 2008 - 11:29 AM.

#42 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:39 PM

I hope Lewis wins too..

Everything has been against him this year.... Its clear the F1 officials have not been wanting him to win... The amount of penalties they've been issuing to him and the amount of penalties massa should have had but not issued.

Come on Hamilton you can do it!!

You only get penalties when (theres at least suspicion) you've done something wrong. Funny how people like kubica and button dont get that many penalties. Or do all the hamilton fans think that the fia are biased towards them too?

#43 Amy

Amy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:42 PM

You only get penalties when (theres at least suspicion) you've done something wrong. Funny how people like kubica and button dont get that many penalties. Or do all the hamilton fans think that the fia are biased towards them too?

Oh dear..... Are you on the Ferrari payroll or something....? :D You really do seem to take things to heart- chill out!

I can't wait for this afternoon.... crisps and dips at the ready & ear plugs for hubby for when I get too over excited and shout at the TV! I'm sure I shouldn't be this nervous for someone I've never met in my life... but I hope with every ounce of my being that Lewis does it today! Just watch out for Alonso- his recent comments about doing 'anything to help Ferrari win' are very worrying! :-

#44 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:18 PM

Oh dear..... Are you on the Ferrari payroll or something....? :D You really do seem to take things to heart- chill out!

I can't wait for this afternoon.... crisps and dips at the ready & ear plugs for hubby for when I get too over excited and shout at the TV! I'm sure I shouldn't be this nervous for someone I've never met in my life... but I hope with every ounce of my being that Lewis does it today! Just watch out for Alonso- his recent comments about doing 'anything to help Ferrari win' are very worrying! :wub:

I've made a few posts on the subject and not one of them have indicated that i've taken any comments you heart. You just seem to love responding to my posts for some reason. You need to realise some people dont think the sun shines out of lewis' arse and they do have their own opinion. which they're entitled to express.

Or should i just be another sheep and jump on the lewis bandwagon? What would you recommend? :-

Edited by RacingGreen, 02 November 2008 - 02:18 PM.

#45 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:29 PM

I'd like to point out here that I don't think the sun shines out of Lewis' posterior - most people don't - I'd just like to see a talented Brit win. I am not on a bandwagon. I have my own mind and I CHOOSE to support a decent homegrown driver. Thanks. There are some people who won't hear a word said against him but I don't like the assumption that everyone who supports him has a shrine in their hallway and lights candles for him every night.

[/rant]

You can support who you want, but expect to have people arguing that the Brit should win, it's quite a common and patriotic thing to do. I used to get alot of flack for supporting Schumacher ("I suppose you think Hitler should have won the war as well?!" - idiots).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users