#61 daryl_crossley

daryl_crossley

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Local Club: WWW.LCMOC.COM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:24 AM

i used to be a bit of an auto glym junkie but then stumbled across Autosmarts cherry Galze.......Wow this stuff is brilliant and no hard work involved.... in my opinion its the best stuff out at the moment

#62 chunkytfg

chunkytfg

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:06 PM

My wash process weekly on both cars

1, Valet pro PH nuetral snow foam to pre soak the car for 5 mins
2, go round car with APC mixed 10:1 to adgitate hard to reach places.
3, Rinse with pressure washer
4, 2 Bucket method using a selection of shampoos including Dodo Juice Botrn to be mild and sour power or Bilt hamber auto wash depending on car and amount of dirt. Use a Lambswool mitt currently but on the waiting list for a Dodo Juice Wookie! (Google it)
5, Rinse again.
6, I dry the car using a hose pipe to remove most of the water first followed by a final dry using a waffle weave drying towel.
7, All door shuts are then cleaned again using the 2BM and rinsed and dried.
8, Wheels are then cleaned using bilberry wheel cleaner cut 10:1 and an ez brush to clean the backs of the wheels.
9, wheels arches then cleaned with APC and a soft brush.
10, wheels rinsed along with arches and wheels then dried.
11. once round the car suing a high pressure air line to remove the water from all those places where you seen to get drip from and car dried again.
12, Can then given a coating of dodo Juice redmist and bufed off with a plush microfibre towel.
13, tyres dressed using autoglym tyre dressing.
14, plastics dressed with 303 aerospace protectant
15, glass cleaned with AG fast glass
16, windows protected with Rain X

Thats just about it weekly.

every 6 weeks the cars also have

11-1, Coat of dodo juice supernatural wax applied and left for 2 hours to cure and then buffed off with small super plush microfibre towel.
11-2, Wheels removed and sealed inside and out with poorboys wheel sealant.
11-3, Insides hoovered and surfaces dusted with brush and hoover to catch all dust.
11-4, Chemical guys new car smell air freshner sprayed under seat.

every 6 months

Car snow foamed with an aggresive APC and shampoo mix to remove wax.
Dodo juice mild clay used with born slippy to remove bonded surface contaminants and leave a glass like surface.
Car examined for surface scratches and incuding swirls and removed as necessary with Kestral DAS-6 and gloss-it polishes followed by a coating for Lime prime to prep the surface for the reapplication of 3 coats of wax spaced 24hours apart.

to say i'm obsessive is putting it mildly

this is my current collection!!!
Posted Image

#63 cbyrne

cbyrne

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Local Club: irishminis.ie

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:09 AM

hi i find that a normal hair shampoo works well with restoring the paint after i wash a shammy the car off and polish with super resin wax (auto glym) when finished wash car again then shammy again and finish with protectant sealer from auto glym the finish is amazing!!

#64 Hidden Shallows

Hidden Shallows

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Local Club: Northamptonshire MOC

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:36 PM

Good God chunkytfg, that's a bit of a collection!! >_<

I'm currently on Autoglym - its great, but I'm considering going back to Meguiars once its all used up - it really is the badger's nadgers!

I get SO many comments on how clean my cars are - and I'm sure most of that is just down to spending a few extra minutes on the tyres and external trim.

I find the Meguiars range a bit bewildering though - do they REALLY need such a massive range of products??

One thing I've found - if I wax the wheels occasionally, they gleam for England and its so easy to get the brake dust etc off next time I wash the car. >_<

#65 kanye

kanye

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

Auto glym HD wax after using auto glym polish it looks smart as

#66 david_vennard

david_vennard

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Local Club: East Coast Minis NI

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:20 PM

i use meguiars good stuff

#67 l_wire

l_wire

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Local Club: MLNI

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

Always do a quick foam and a warm pressure rinse then onto another foam, 2BM, Zymol PH neutral car wash and a lambswool mit. If the car needs it, a spray of AS Tardis then the car is clayed with either Bilthalmer autoclay or Sonus green clay.
For polishing I always use 3M or Menzerna depending on what the weathers like (yes i mean that, Menzerna can be very tempermental). Use a combo of 3M or Megs pads but always finish with 3M Ultrafina and a 3M blue waffle pad. After that, an IPA wipedown to get rid of any polishing oils. Then a run over with Zymol HD Clense and topped off with either Zymol Vintage or Swisvax Best of Show. Use less good ones on everyday cars but the mini gets top quaility. Wheels always get a lick of Poorboys wheel sealant.

Loads Ive left out but i could bore you all for hours!

And sorry to any who like G3 but its Sh1te Doesnt break down well enough for professional use. Much better products on the market for the same price, maybe cheaper!

Edited by l_wire, 08 November 2009 - 02:16 PM.

#68 munkey26

munkey26

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:19 PM

1. Autoglym Paint Renovator
2. Autoglym Super Resin Polish
3. Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine
4. Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

use all four, the car ends up looking THE badgers nadgers :thumbsup:

You're not meant to use all 4 like this.

You should either use

1)Paint renovator
2)Super resin polish
3)Extra Gloss

or

1)Paint renovator
2)Ultra Deep Shine

The 2 number 2 steps are different as Ultra deep shine contains wax!!

#69 maieth

maieth

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

Routine-wise I do wheels and underside to get rid of any heavy dirt, after a full rinse, then wash the rest, sometimes twice to leave a totaly clean surface. Drying towel to remove as much H20 as possible and then a polish before waxing.

As far as products go I have an unusual solution. My brother got into detailing a few years ago and trialed aload of differnet products before settling on Megiurs Gold Class as his shampoo. Swore by it, until someone talked him into trying out Johnsons Baby Bath. :o
Lo and behold, the baby bath gave results on a par with the Gold Class. No contaminants, no harsh chemicals, zero wax content. The stuff is designed to do no damage whatsoever to sensitive skin and its still pretty a tough cleanser so it's perfect for paintwork.
Now we both swear by it. Compared to expensive car shampoos it costs pennies and the results are great. There are better things out there, but not for the value.

I polish with Autoglym UltraDeep Shine, and have been waxing with Turtlewax's 'Platinum Series Precision Car Wax'. Decent results from both, but I'm out of wax and want to upgrade.
I can't afford the real big-boys with wax, but I really want to try out a colour tinted DodoJuice. As I have a dark car (BRG pearl) It will be 'Blue Velvet' or 'Purple haze', but I really don't know which to go for. One is a hard wax, and one a soft. Both in pots, but the hard needs a cloth, while the soft is thin enough to apply by hand.

What do you think folks? What kind of experiences have people had with hard vs. soft waxes?

#70 Junior Mini

Junior Mini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:35 AM

I Use Victoria Red Concours wax :)

Brilliant stuff.

If your interested http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/

Must say I'm like you Chunkytfg, just plain addicted.

#71 Corty

Corty

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:48 PM

has anyone ever tried harly wax

i pay £15 a tub and it lasts ages - the main uk importer lives local but the wax is awesome for the price
itll put auto glym /meguires/ dodo juice/ Farcella blacktop or anything like that to shame in my opinioun

its 100% pure carnuba

and for £15 for a 14oz (big tub) its worth a go
cheeper than buying 2 small dodo juice pannel pots at £7.50 a go (but i think dodo juice smells better)

#72 mini_legend

mini_legend

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Local Club: Outcast Car Club

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

Not a fan of AutoGlym to be honest, despite buying a huge bottle of Super Resin Polish. Only use it as the base polish, before using Mers Ultimate, which I find does a hell of a better job personally.
For all chrome and brightwork it has to be, simply Brasso!!
Literally the best thing you will get for your chrome bits n bobs!
:D

#73 mini-thomas

mini-thomas

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Local Club: YDCCC

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

I use Meguiars products. They give an awesome finish on every application.

#74 gazza01

gazza01

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:34 PM

fairy liquid and a wire brush AVE IT

#75 adzmini

adzmini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

i like to use autosmart wash and wax using the 2 bucket methord
normally polish it with autosmart cherry glaze think it is by far the best on the market just remember
to shake it well before use as it seperates
i then go onto usin autosmarts WAX this stuff is great easy to wwork with aswell just do a little bit at a time
probably every 6month to a year depending how i feel i use auto smarts claybar, then go onto using autosmarts mirror image then onto the WAX this gives the best results but very time consumin, well worth it though :)
to be honest im an autosmart fan
even though meguires is good i only use there tyre detailing :)
for the inside i wipe down with a damp cloth and polish the dasboard with cherry glaze as its painted
for the window i use mr muscle window cleaner works great :) for the wheels i use mirror image then wax :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users