Ouster

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,986 posts
  • Local Club: Looking

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:47 PM

What music are you into then?
No video today, my exhaust is currently in bits so I'd prefer to get that sorted first!

#18 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:06 PM

Not so keen on the track Mini Mad69 im not a HIP-HOP fan i affraid

All good though

Yeah I like my hip hop and drum and bass and dance music Hence the 2 10" subs.

I was going for a single 15" but I felt that 10s gave more of a punch. Which is best for dance music in my opinion.

Edited by mini_mad69, 15 December 2008 - 03:08 PM.

#19 PMM

PMM

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:48 PM

1st attempt camera not really much use too dark and it was louder than the camera picked up :)
so I'll attach a std pic or 2 also Basically setup is Genesis 16s In the Rear & 13s in the front and 4 Tang Band subs under the back seat.

Speakerpod build.. Attached File  miniaudio1.jpg   85.98K   83 downloads & Attached File  miniaudio2.jpg   47.85K   59 downloads

And Subs under the seat (Could not find orginal pic).. Attached File  miniaudio3.jpg   61.74K   82 downloads

And just a test track I picked up off the net and on a USB key...
QQ11P5ZIg6E

Edited by PMM, 15 December 2008 - 04:51 PM.

#20 LOWRIDERHORNET

LOWRIDERHORNET

I want a beetle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Local Club: Jester`s Mini Club

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

Im into Dance , rock , ska, rock n roll, 60s pop

Im really looking forward when i start messing with my soundsystem

#21 stretched

stretched

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Local Club: www.mmc.uk.com

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:27 PM

1st attempt camera not really much use too dark and it was louder than the camera picked up :)
so I'll attach a std pic or 2 also Basically setup is Genesis 16s In the Rear & 13s in the front and 4 Tang Band subs under the back seat.

Speakerpod build.. Attached File  miniaudio1.jpg   85.98K   83 downloads & Attached File  miniaudio2.jpg   47.85K   59 downloads

And Subs under the seat (Could not find orginal pic).. Attached File  miniaudio3.jpg   61.74K   82 downloads

And just a test track I picked up off the net and on a USB key...
QQ11P5ZIg6E

Thats sound nice fella...... solid bottom end, ive no lead to post a vid of the cam to the computer to show mine DAM!!!

#22 Bert

Bert

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:29 PM

Yeah videos are a tad pointless, since the sound is only going to be as good as the recording played through PC speakers.

this is very true, its going to sound pants PLUS Roofless urs sounds like its not set up correct,

#23 screech

screech

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,136 posts
  • Local Club: Bognor rock ya mini & WSMOC

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:17 PM

Makes me want to go down my garage and start getting mine sorted! :)

#24 Guest_dtd706w_*

Guest_dtd706w_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:17 PM

Makes me want to go down my garage and start getting mine sorted! >_<

Ditto!!

eventually....

Love the custom speaker/sub board roofless :dontgetit: im inspierd to try similar now.

#25 miniallsort

miniallsort

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:21 PM

heres my sounds guys
http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=miel8djtPkg

the sounds not very good will get some more vids up when its finished

Edited by miniallsort, 17 December 2008 - 04:22 PM.

#26 miniallsort

miniallsort

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:28 PM

kJA6mp4CXo4

2 of the 6x9s wern't working and youtube has ruined the sound quality. But it gives you some idea.

hey man your mini sounds wicked nice tune as well was you at a modified car cruise??

and whats the spec of your system?

cheers allsort

#27 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:37 PM

kJA6mp4CXo4

2 of the 6x9s wern't working and youtube has ruined the sound quality. But it gives you some idea.

hey man your mini sounds wicked nice tune as well was you at a modified car cruise??

and whats the spec of your system?

cheers allsort

Yeah I went to a modified car cruise once, i was driven into. It was in cardiff.
The spec of it is somewhere in the ice section but here it is again.

2x 10" JBL subs in custom box. Powered by FLI 800s Amp.
2x 110 rms infinity 6x9s powerd by a 4 channel kenwood amp. cant remember what model.
2x JVC 6x9s no idea on the spec of these but there being swapped over for another set of infinitys which ive got in my workshop once my engine change is finished.

A cheap headunit, even though it does everything.

2x FLI 4 inch coaxials. Powered by headunit.

#28 WillMini

WillMini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:34 AM

PMM, your install looked wicked, i was going to get the tang band 6.5's but i think i only want 2. how would 2 of them compare to lets say a 10 inch sub in the trunk? do they produce much bass? i just want to be able to feel the bass a bit better than if i just had regular 5.25 speakers in the front and 6x9's under the rear seat.

Edited by WillMini, 19 December 2008 - 12:35 AM.

#29 insamoufonyx

insamoufonyx

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Local Club: NorthSomersetMiniClub.co.uk

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:32 AM

Yeah videos are a tad pointless, since the sound is only going to be as good as the recording played through PC speakers.

this is very true, its going to sound pants PLUS Roofless urs sounds like its not set up correct,

Bert - You cannot posibly tell throu phone of camera recording quality wether someones system is set up correctly.

And there is no such thing as a "correct setup" if your trying to have it perfect you would be changing settings for every signle song

#30 PMM

PMM

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:59 AM

PMM, your install looked wicked, i was going to get the tang band 6.5's but i think i only want 2. how would 2 of them compare to lets say a 10 inch sub in the trunk? do they produce much bass? i just want to be able to feel the bass a bit better than if i just had regular 5.25 speakers in the front and 6x9's under the rear seat.

The Tang Bands are proper subs in all senses of the word and only work upto about 400hz and to do them justice you will need to seal them in air tight which alot of people don't and then they chuff and potentially you risk damage, I am not a fan on the speakerboards that they sell for 6x9 and the like as they are either not ported or not 100% sealed air tight.

Anyhow I find them ideal inside the cabin space but OTT having 4 they easily overpower the other speakers.

2 would work well but attention to detail in the construction is a must.. Under the mini rear seat there are numerious holes to plug tight...

However they could be ported... and I did get interesting results with just 2 in and alot of wadding to plug the gap over the exhaust arch so I know they will work well ported but you would need to run the numbers to get the port right.

I get an enclosure resonance of 29hz sealed and I have seen 19hz on the laptops audio analyser proggy (I can't hear sounds below 25hz to be honest)

Also being in the cabin area rather than the boot more of the sound reaches your ears rather than being lost in transit so to speak between the boot/bodyworkwork.

I was very surprised by what the Tang Bands achieved and they really do add substance to the bottomend of the music my head unit is a JVC and it has a sub channel as well as selctable cut-offs high/mid/low and I have set at low which means only sub 70hz are sent to the sub and that really firms up the sound keeping it from overlapping with the other speakers.

Alot of people don't realise it but for reference :wub: what people refer to as punch i.e you feel it in you chest is actually somewhat higher up the spectrum and associated with 80-100 hz which is medically known as your chest cavity resonance which is about the same as a snare drum. So keep that in mind when you refer to feeling it :wub:

I think my head unit goes from 0 to 7 on the sub channel I have it set at 3 which is a nice balance for me but I can turn it up a great deal more and make the garage roof rattle but its OTT for me but for others thats what they like with there big 12"+ subs

Its personal preference at the end of the day but certainly 2x Tand bands will give a heafty bottom end boost over std speakers.... just changing my head unit from sub off to level 1 instantly fills out the bottom end extending downwards far greater than the genesis 16s in the rear shelf by a large margin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users