4 replies to this topic

#1 tam0123

tam0123

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 10:00 PM

i'm dying to get my mini back on the road. the only probl;em is the rear subframe is rusted away and needs replacing. i haven't got a lot of money. so i'm trying to repair it myself. does anyone know how to and how easy it is to remove and re-place a rear subframe.

thanks

#2 Wil_h

Wil_h

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:52 AM

does it not say in the Haynes Manual?

Read that first then ask about any bit's you're unsure about.

It's not such a hard job, but then I've done it plenty of times, but I did it for a first time once.

Wil

#3 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:55 AM

it's not hard at all as long as none of the bolts snap! it's basically 8 bolts, a brake pipe connection and your hand brake!

#4 Wil_h

Wil_h

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:06 PM

Quite right, it's an easy job if everyting comes off. But if the subframe is knackered, then it's likely that you're going to come across a lot of seized nuts and bolts.

Not only on the 8 mounting bolts, but also when trying to remove all the bits from the subframe like radius arms and mountings.

I did one the other week and it took 2 full days. And as I said I've done plenty before.

Wil

#5 neil_g

neil_g

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:10 PM

done mine recently and that was a major headache. pretty much everything was seized. luckily the bolts going into the heal board (front of the rear subby) came out with no fuss, if these shear then youre in trouble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users