- - - - -

Oil leak help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Beno_*

Guest_Beno_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:02 PM

ok i got a serious bloody oil leak its driving me nutts :ohno: Ive changed both driveshaft oil seals the crank shaft oil seal and its still leaking :lol: Ive just been out to have another look and found a small crack in the driveshaft pot casing but even still i really cant imagine this to through out so much oil ! I mean the entire underneath of the car is caked in oil right down to the rear silencer i just dont know what else to tryu other than replacing the pot casing ! Any idea's would be great .

#2 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:17 PM

Is it leaving any drip marks, or is it only while travelling..also have you check the rod change seal, and also that the oil is not comming from the diff covers, rather than the seal.... These can be worked loose, especially by the exhaust bracket.

#3 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:27 PM

Check the oil filter is on tight too. If there is a crack in the casing the oil can seep through under pressure.

#4 Guest_Beno_*

Guest_Beno_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:45 PM

Sorry i forgot to mention ive changed the selector oil seal as well !!! There is serious oil drips from the diff area but only on the n/s ! It is worse when driving as it is throwing oil up the back of the car ! Im normally clued up with stuff like this and dont let thinks beat me but i have to say i hold my hands up with this 1 :ohno:

#5 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:57 PM

If there is a crack in the diff end cover then this may well be the problem. The oil will find every leak point when its warm. Also as you drive and the diff is spinning dynamic pressure is generated by centifugal force( the amount of pressure doesn't need to be great), within the diff housing thus forcing oil out the crack. change the racked item and then see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users