#1 ad53ggz

ad53ggz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:54 AM

mini 1000
may be a stupid question but how do you remove the lower pin from the wishbone one of these. i have tried tapping with a hammer but no joy is it a case of finding a bigger hammer :-

also while im here are driveshaft the same for converting from drum brakes to discs):

thanks

#2 Udo

Udo

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:00 AM

The bushes should have a metal sleeve inside them which seizes on the shaft of the pin due to rust. I find that if that is the case which it seems to be then hitting it usually works.

Note that if you remove the nut completly and hit the threaded end of the pin you will need to buy new ones as the thread will be knackered

Not 100% sure on drive shafts so won't coment but I'm sure a search would bring up the answer

Ian

#3 dlm

dlm

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:24 PM

The bushes should have a metal sleeve inside them which seizes on the shaft of the pin due to rust. I find that if that is the case which it seems to be then hitting it usually works.

Note that if you remove the nut completly and hit the threaded end of the pin you will need to buy new ones as the thread will be knackered

Not 100% sure on drive shafts so won't coment but I'm sure a search would bring up the answer

Ian

Mine was so siezed I had to cut the threaded part off to remove it and use a press to remove the remains from the lower arm.

The drum driveshafts are smaller than the disc ones so you would need to change them.

#4 ad53ggz

ad53ggz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

OK thanks when you say that about the driveshaft what do you mean do you mean the the driveshaft will not fit in the disc cv joint or do you mean that the drive shafts are shorter so if your were to put them in using the disc they wouldnt reach the engine. If the latter is the case that is they fit into the disc cv join that is fine as i need to get the driveshafts cut and sleeved anyone for matching them to a rover engine.

Thanks Again

#5 dlm

dlm

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:19 PM

OK thanks when you say that about the driveshaft what do you mean do you mean the the driveshaft will not fit in the disc cv joint or do you mean that the drive shafts are shorter so if your were to put them in using the disc they wouldnt reach the engine. If the latter is the case that is they fit into the disc cv join that is fine as i need to get the driveshafts cut and sleeved anyone for matching them to a rover engine.

Thanks Again

I may have given wrong information! It appears that the driveshaftes are the same, just the outer CV joints that are different.
I would double check with someone like Somerfords just to be sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users