#16 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:12 PM

I had the same probs with the 1380. on idle the tempo would shoot up. And that was with a 4core alloy rad, oil cooler and elcetric fan. I went through all the usual stuff and changed my guage sender, voltage stabiliser, then changed to mechanical guage, all showed same temp rises.
I made sure it wasn't an air lock in water sustem. It wasn't.
I tried all sorts of fueling mixtures and timing adjustments. changed themostat, then tried with out one, all to no avail.

I then went to rolling road and got fueling and timing properly sorted and it was immediately apparent that it the temp problems were sorted. So I'd recommend that.

#17 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:36 PM

every other engine i've built has used the hi-cap water pump, but for various reasons I couldn't source one this time round, so a standard one had to do.

Its booked onto Baldwins rollers on the 30th, so I'll see how it goes up until then.

Being concerned about 80 deg C is silly I know, I'm going to start cheap and replace the temperature sender before I do much else I reckon.

Thanks for all the replies so far, given me lots of ideas...

Tom

#18 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 12:22 PM

Couple of pics showing my oil cooler. Can now confirm that the pipe goes from the oil filter into the cooler and then into hole where the return pipe goes. Some poeple also plump in a bypass hose with a valve so they can 'turn off' the cooler when it is not wanted.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users