#1 baggy33minis

baggy33minis

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Local Club: none at the moment

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:46 AM

Ok here goes, I bought my clubby in jan 2001 from the local add mag.Paid a whopping 185 quid for it ,the car has had 3 previous owners the first for 18 years then two young lads both had it for less than a year.

The Kids called the car chester on account of the big sun strip across the screen from chesterfield minis,now ripped off and binned.As the car had already been modified i decided to carry on down this route.First the disk brake upgrade closely followed by a mg metro lump.(bought the whole car with a recon engine for 50 quid off some old bloke).This has served me well and has just been sold to my mate along with my gold ultralite extremes for his estate project.The car has had several sets of wheels and interiors come to think of it.Did a quick paint job 2 days before a show and it wasn't the best to be honest as i was short of time.Subaru blue and a metal flake union flag.The car has been neglected over the last year due to other projects,mainly my 79 gt resto

Hopefully this will be its last rebuild during my ownership so i have to get it just right.I have big plans for the theme of the car this time round.Already have yet another leather trim to go in it,Still looking for my next set of wheels.The gold ones only covered 200 miles.LOL They just wouldn't suit my current plans and new colour scheme.

Now i have to blame purple Tom for the next part of the plan.After going to crich i was hooked on his vauxhall clubby and decided to go down this route .As look would have it Marc was selling his unfinished vauxhall project on here and i snapped it up for a good price.Due to the fact i wanted to use my own shell and do things slightly different i have sold most of his project off.I have just finished his shell off and sold it locally to a friend of a friend and it is now going to be a vtec clubby.The best part of this is that i have kept all the good bits like the new allspeed vauxhall frame,rosejointed arms,billet driveshafts,coilovers loads of other new or recon parts and they don't stand me at a penny.Infact i think i am about 500 quid up.Also the sale of my old mg lump and alloys has added to the renovation fund .

So last weekend i pulled the car into the garage and started to strip it to a bare shell.Nipped upto P and L on friday and started buying a few more bits.Trying to have most parts here so it won't hold me up.

Not sure yet whether i will be using this but my mate skid in the snow and snapped the bottom ball joint on his corsa sport.So £200 later i have a 1.6 16valve w plate corsa sat here.Sweet engine but i need to find out more info on the fitting of this and the mastercylinder problems i will have if i do fit it.Not a worry for the moment as my main concerns are for the shell rebuild and paint.

Feel free to comment on my plans and offer advice.Just for the record i don't need advice on rebuilding minis just the vauxhall side of things would be a help,wiring,fueling,coooling,braking etc.

now for a pic of the car:
Damn i have ran out of upload space.And my photobucket account wont let me in.Must become a tmf plus member quickly.LOL
Attached File  2003_0212minishow0075.JPG   468.2K   65 downloads

hope that works

Edited by baggy33minis, 08 March 2009 - 12:10 PM.

#2 yeti21586

yeti21586

He's A Lumberjack And He's OK

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Local Club: None

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:49 AM

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pweese

#3 NudgerSS

NudgerSS

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:44 PM

About bleeding time! :D Ayup yoth its John from Chesterfield (SPi tank)

Just sorting out moving the master cylinders inside the car on my project but still a way to go before its a runner. Go 16v you know you want to :wub:

John

#4 baggy33minis

baggy33minis

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:10 PM

[quote name='NudgerSS' date='Mar 9 2009, 10:44 PM' post='1375325']
About bleeding time! :D Ayup yoth its John from Chesterfield (SPi tank)

Just sorting out moving the master cylinders inside the car on my project but still a way to go before its a runner. Go 16v you know you want to :wub:

John

Hi,well at this moment John 16valve is my plan because i have the engine sat here.

Finally got my mates estate out of my garage tonight so i have some space back.

would like to see how you get on moving the brake master inside,are these pedal boxes from OBP good for that?.Anyone know?.

I would like to come over and look at your car to see how its getting on.

#5 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:32 PM

Nice :wub:

#6 baggy33minis

baggy33minis

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:40 AM

Nice :wub:

Not looking so nice at the minute im afraid but it will be reborn.Already had some good luck,due to my past maintnance efforts everything is coming apart easily.Not one seized nut yet!!!.Hope to have the shell ready for its new paint in about 3 weeks.THen start bolting on all the new bits.Sounds easy doesn't it but sure t won't be.

#7 NudgerSS

NudgerSS

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

Take a look at Cooper-Marks build diary on 16vminiclub.com as he has made his own pedal box to move the masters inside. Looks like a good job. I'm chopping one about at the minute to try to get that to fit but if not may make a new one from scratch.
I think you still need to do a bit of work on the OBP boxes to get them to fit in.

Think my throttle bodies should be here by the end of the week. Me very happy :wub:

John

#8 Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
  • Local Club: LCMOC

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:41 PM

looks great

#9 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:58 PM

Good to see you Baggy.... but tempted to the dark side.... :wub:

#10 baggy33minis

baggy33minis

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:00 PM

Good to see you Baggy.... but tempted to the dark side.... :w00t:

Hi John,tried calling you last week about LankyJames gearbox but i gather he got hold of you .

Yes i have been tempted to the dark side.For many reasons really.The main one being i hope it will make me drive it more.
I have been too busy working on my mates projects and building my gt to be bothered sorting this one out.I had that many minis i didnt know where to start.So i sold the gt and put my 69 mk2 back on the road .I was going to rebuild the wifes gt but have decided it can wait .

As i said in the opening post,the final decision maker to go vauxhall was seeing marc on here selling his unfinished project.It was local so easy to collect,had everything new,i could sell the parts i don't need and recover some costs.
It was a no brainer really.

Edited by baggy33minis, 02 May 2009 - 06:49 AM.

#11 baggy33minis

baggy33minis

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:47 PM

Take a look at Cooper-Marks build diary on 16vminiclub.com as he has made his own pedal box to move the masters inside. Looks like a good job. I'm chopping one about at the minute to try to get that to fit but if not may make a new one from scratch.
I think you still need to do a bit of work on the OBP boxes to get them to fit in.

Think my throttle bodies should be here by the end of the week. Me very happy :w00t:

John

Thanks for that,i just read his thread and he made a good job of it.Looks easier than i thought it would be

#12 LankyJames

LankyJames

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Local Club: Heavy Handed Cluts Club

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:49 PM

I'll be watching this! Really cant wait to have a real job, well i dont, but i'd like the money to be able to afford to do this...

#13 baggy33minis

baggy33minis

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:03 AM

I'll be watching this! Really cant wait to have a real job, well i dont, but i'd like the money to be able to afford to do this...

why watch James,you can come and help me turn it over if you like.Could do with a hand,then i can start restoring my shell.Not that it needs too much.

did you get your gearbox delivered to John?

#14 LankyJames

LankyJames

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Local Club: Heavy Handed Cluts Club

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:46 AM

I'm too scared to help lol, just dont let me tighten anything up! I need a method of transport to get to yours first mate :P

Gearbox is at johns, got it there last fri, gonna take 3 weeks due to a backlog, no problem as i'd like to clean up the engine block ancilaries and engine bay anyway, then ive got to get you round one day to come put it all back together. Can't afford the 1380 from collin now, but still going ahead with putting a new cam / followers/ oil pump in it though, oh and the duplex timing chain i have.

Edited by LankyJames, 11 March 2009 - 12:24 PM.

#15 canadrian

canadrian

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:58 AM

HI YA'LLL,,,,
am just about to start a 16v project. Seems there isn't alot of info on a good exhaust OR RATHER, i just haven't come across it yet!!!
.....Can anyone suggest a good exhaust system to keep a 16v hushed BUT, NOT TOOO hushed?

Canadrian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users