pti401

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Local Club: kmc

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:27 PM

i wouldnt trust a 1300 blocked bored out to 1430 but thats just me lol

whys that?? only 73.5mm bore but with a stroked crank.
things can just go wrong over n over like it was with my engine before and it sure does suck when it happens

outta the 5 events it done it finished 1, heart breaking isnt the word, the 1380 done 35 events never got engine trouble and is still ralling in a friends mini

#17 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:59 PM

i bought my engine expecting it to be fine, put into an event at rockingham and had to retire due to previous owner being a incompetent knob! costing me thousands.

it does seem a strange choice to have a 1430 in a rally car due to the classings, take it your in the 1400-1600 class with that engine or have you just not told the MSA?

#18 pti401

pti401

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

i bought my engine expecting it to be fine, put into an event at rockingham and had to retire due to previous owner being a incompetent knob! costing me thousands.

it does seem a strange choice to have a 1430 in a rally car due to the classings, take it your in the 1400-1600 class with that engine or have you just not told the MSA?

i was racing the 1380 in the 1600 class, the class goes from 1350 - 1600 over here, i was winning that class handy enough it was the 2ltr's i was really racing against they dont like been beat, not by minis anyway

#19 sprintmini

sprintmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:20 PM

i was racing the 1380 in the 1600 class, the class goes from 1350 - 1600 over here, i was winning that class handy enough it was the 2ltr's i was really racing against they dont like been beat, not by minis anyway

PTI 401

When I first saw your video I immediatly thought of my old mini which was registered ITI 55 that was registered in Limerick too.
I was born there and moved over here quite a few years ago.
Im coming back over in May for the Irish mini owners club Mizen to Malin event.
Might see you and your mini on route.

#20 pti401

pti401

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:39 PM

PTI 401

When I first saw your video I immediatly thought of my old mini which was registered ITI 55 that was registered in Limerick too.
I was born there and moved over here quite a few years ago.
Im coming back over in May for the Irish mini owners club Mizen to Malin event.
Might see you and your mini on route.
[/quote]
iv never taken part would love to do, it past my home on the way to tarbert for the ferry bout two years ago, long drive in a mini youl have some pain in your a**e by the time your finished

#21 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:45 PM

i was racing the 1380 in the 1600 class, the class goes from 1350 - 1600 over here,

thats interesting, my friends building a mini rally car for a customer and i think the person's asking for a 1380, i best let him know to talk about options.
quite strange really if you ask me.

#22 pti401

pti401

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:33 AM

thats interesting, my friends building a mini rally car for a customer and i think the person's asking for a 1380, i best let him know to talk about options.
quite strange really if you ask me.
[/quote]

is that engine coming to ireland, if so it will be racing in the 1600 class post-historic, or class 9 in the main field thats up to 1450

#23 sprintmini

sprintmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:43 AM

[/quote]
iv never taken part would love to do, it past my home on the way to tarbert for the ferry bout two years ago, long drive in a mini youl have some pain in your a**e by the time your finished
[/quote]

Oh Im sure if I had the standard seats I would suffer from numb bum,but hopefully the recaros I have fitted will help me there. :)

#24 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:44 AM

its being built by my friends new company temple rally sport, the lass is aparently coming this weekend to pick up the car to drive it to irland to regester it, apparently taking a english car over unmodified is easier than taking a highly modified one, im not sure, im only hearing things word of mouth.
the lady's then driving it back to friends workshop where he's prepairing it into a competition car. Engines going to be built at southam mini and metro centre, who did my engine and alot of competition engines, some which also go abroad so they may know some info on the classing's too

#25 pti401

pti401

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:40 PM

its being built by my friends new company temple rally sport, the lass is aparently coming this weekend to pick up the car to drive it to irland to regester it, apparently taking a english car over unmodified is easier than taking a highly modified one, im not sure, im only hearing things word of mouth.
the lady's then driving it back to friends workshop where he's prepairing it into a competition car. Engines going to be built at southam mini and metro centre, who did my engine and alot of competition engines, some which also go abroad so they may know some info on the classing's too

yeah u get robbed on the reg of the car, they tax you on the value and now the emmissions, i know all id do if i was ralling it is run it on the english plates, have you many events done urself?

#26 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:22 PM

naaa, cant afford it, haha, im now a student so everythings budget. Did an event at rockingham where had fairly bad engine fail, had to retire with 0PSI oil pressure, took a long time to get it sorted, then it failed again last sept' with a snapped oil pressure, changed the pump and everything was fine. fast forward to january i was driving round for about 2 week's went to get it RR'ed and it died on the roller's. Cause being, after some calc's the previous owner evidently had no clue about engine's even though he's supposedly an engine builder... it had a compression ratio of 12.5:1 among other problems which the engine had (one being a gearbox bearing for my JKD dogbox was replaced with a copper bush which had then seized on the shaft...also my apparent new crank shaft was beyong repair, the tail had obviousl been touched with an angle grinder) was not pleased, if i hadnt been made to spend this money i would have been able to afford mroe event's.

#27 danrock101

danrock101

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:32 PM

amazing driving! I wouldn't mind getting into some sort of racing! Looks soooo much fun >_<

#28 pti401

pti401

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:25 AM

naaa, cant afford it, haha, im now a student so everythings budget. Did an event at rockingham where had fairly bad engine fail, had to retire with 0PSI oil pressure, took a long time to get it sorted, then it failed again last sept' with a snapped oil pressure, changed the pump and everything was fine. fast forward to january i was driving round for about 2 week's went to get it RR'ed and it died on the roller's. Cause being, after some calc's the previous owner evidently had no clue about engine's even though he's supposedly an engine builder... it had a compression ratio of 12.5:1 among other problems which the engine had (one being a gearbox bearing for my JKD dogbox was replaced with a copper bush which had then seized on the shaft...also my apparent new crank shaft was beyong repair, the tail had obviousl been touched with an angle grinder) was not pleased, if i hadnt been made to spend this money i would have been able to afford mroe event's.

know that feeling, my first year ralling i went through 4 1380 engines all the the parts came from MED, so no expense speared, it was the mechanics here who had'nt a clue, eventually bit the bullet went to med got the engine built and it was the best thing i ever done, but then that 1440 dont get me started

Edited by pti401, 17 April 2009 - 10:26 AM.

#29 pti401

pti401

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:31 PM

Attached File  Image027.jpg   179.9K   11 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users