Go on, you know you want to :(

#32 Shylos

Shylos

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:30 PM

I just read that you get a free sticker for going in a Mini too - I'll do anything for a free sticker!

Well, almost.

#33 Mutley_RIP

Mutley_RIP

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Local Club: WAMO

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

Ill be there - If I moved!

#34 sexyhellbeast

sexyhellbeast

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:09 PM

Ill be there, but sadly without mini, :D

#35 Lukie-J

Lukie-J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Local Club: South Devon Mini Club

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:14 PM

I might give this one a go, 2 and a half hours for me from somerset, but sounds like a good one.
Might look at camping somewhere down there.
The one at Haynes Museum in Sparkford is good too, free entry to the museum and a go-kart track for fun times!
Closest one for me.

#36 Marky Tizz

Marky Tizz

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:29 PM

The only thing putting me off is a £40 ferry fare -.-

#37 Heather&Henrietta

Heather&Henrietta

Boobs + Batteries = Trouble!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • Local Club: JMC & BMC

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:23 PM

I might give this one a go, 2 and a half hours for me from somerset, but sounds like a good one.
Might look at camping somewhere down there.
The one at Haynes Museum in Sparkford is good too, free entry to the museum and a go-kart track for fun times!
Closest one for me.

Was thinking about Sparkford if I can book the day off! If I find out some meet details, do you fancy convoying with Jurassic Coast Mini Club, I'll be there, just if you fancy it :P

I'm near Blandford so not too far away from you :lol:

#38 benmini

benmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:22 PM

Where abouts are you from then? It's roughly a hour away from me =]

I'm in fareham - near portsmouth about 30 mins away!! yay!

#39 Heather&Henrietta

Heather&Henrietta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:16 AM

Come and find me on the Club Stand for Jurassic Coast Minis then! =]

#40 Moriarty

Moriarty

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Local Club: ACT Mini Car Club, Canberra

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:55 AM

It in the New Forest in Hampshire...so maybe 2.5 to 3 hours if traffic's good...

It's taking place on Sunday 14th June ;D

Okies, so I'll be visiting the UK from Sydney, seeking inspiration for my 1970 Mini K, already bought tix for me and the gf, what's the best way there from London / Oxford? (not sure where we'll be that weekend yet) I see most folks are driving - should we hire a car? Dare I say it... a new Mini perhaps?

And is it really that far? Should we make a weekend of it and is accommodation pricey? Aussie dollar is worth 50p at the moment - woot! =]

#41 Marky Tizz

Marky Tizz

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:34 PM

London to Beaulieu is 2-2.5 hour drive MAXIMUM.

#42 Heather&Henrietta

Heather&Henrietta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:29 AM

It in the New Forest in Hampshire...so maybe 2.5 to 3 hours if traffic's good...

It's taking place on Sunday 14th June :-

Okies, so I'll be visiting the UK from Sydney, seeking inspiration for my 1970 Mini K, already bought tix for me and the gf, what's the best way there from London / Oxford? (not sure where we'll be that weekend yet) I see most folks are driving - should we hire a car? Dare I say it... a new Mini perhaps?

And is it really that far? Should we make a weekend of it and is accommodation pricey? Aussie dollar is worth 50p at the moment - woot! :xmas:

I would make a weekend of it - the area which Beaulieu is situated is beautiful! :crazy: Accomodation might be a bit pricey as it's in the New Forest :xxx: Can anyone else shed some light on this?

Best way from London, would be find the m3 southbound and head for Fareham, Farnborough etc, then join at the m27 at Southampton/Portsmouth Area, then follow the m27 til it joins the a31 where you will find the New Forest :wub:

#43 Moriarty

Moriarty

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Local Club: ACT Mini Car Club, Canberra

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:33 AM

I would make a weekend of it - the area which Beaulieu is situated is beautiful! :P Accomodation might be a bit pricey as it's in the New Forest :D Can anyone else shed some light on this?

Best way from London, would be find the m3 southbound and head for Fareham, Farnborough etc, then join at the m27 at Southampton/Portsmouth Area, then follow the m27 til it joins the a31 where you will find the New Forest :D

Thanks for the directions, being tourists and all we're wondering whether to head there via Stonehenge on Sat...might be starting out from Oxford instead of London, visiting an ex-housemate there :kiss: (dropping off new episodes of Neighbours and all :D )

#44 Heather&Henrietta

Heather&Henrietta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:36 AM

No problems on the direction front :P Just be warned that Oxford is very busy and the A34 is hell at either end of the day :kiss: Plan your route carefully and you should be fine :D

#45 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:02 PM

Thanks for the directions, being tourists and all we're wondering whether to head there via Stonehenge on Sat...might be starting out from Oxford instead of London, visiting an ex-housemate there ;) (dropping off new episodes of Neighbours and all ;) )

You will find it difficult to hire a classic Mini but should be able to find a MINI to hire. Beaulieu show always has lots of new MINI's on display as the Mini Cooper Register who organise Beaulieu welcome ALL Mini's so no problem there. The MCR member who runs the Beaulieu Cooper Day is also a keen MINI and Mini owner and enthusiast. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users