#31 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

Any updates on progress.
When will you be getting the kit from Zcars?

Hey Richie -

Not much been happening on the car side of things. Changed out the clutch on the engine yesterday.. Clutch changes are so easy when the engine is out of the car. So really once my AC/PS eliminator kit comes that should be all the hardware on the engine taken care of. Onto the electrics after that, which should be fun :goaway: but I have a few tricks up my sleave for that..

Tranny and Engine seperated

Posted Image
Posted Image

The yellow corevette was very interested in what was going on and couldn't keep his nose out of our business LOL

Posted Image

Nice new clutch and pressure plate compared to the old one. The old one was still in great condition so that might mean the engine came out of a one owner lady driver car, fingers crossed no porblems with the engine now..

Posted Image
Posted Image

Going to be doing some tidying up on the doors of the car and the firewall today. But really just waiting on the first shipment of kits from England. Was talking with Chris there last week and they are just tie down everything in the container and adding the last few components of the shipment, then its onto the high seas for them.. SHould be over here in the next 4 weeks or so..

Still working on the US website and hope to have that up and running within the next few weeks too www.zcarsusa.com its still a work in progress but nearly ready to go live.

Edited by irishdude, 10 May 2009 - 05:47 PM.

#32 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:53 AM

My K-Tuned AC & Powersteering elimination kit arrived today. Great looking parts.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 PhotoguyUSA

PhotoguyUSA

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Local Club: MOALA

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:57 AM

OHHHHHH Can you return it?

I had one on my Kseries and it wouldnt work with the Zcars frame. The relocated alternator (down where the AC was) hit the rear main bar.

And there is a much cheaper alternative.

#34 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:20 AM

I had one on my Kseries and it wouldnt work with the Zcars frame. The relocated alternator (down where the AC was) hit the rear main bar.

Thanks for the info.. What did you use? Gotta a nice deal on this though, pity..

Edited by irishdude, 12 May 2009 - 04:21 AM.

#35 Mini-Honda

Mini-Honda

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:36 PM

Hi there,

I'm curious about the cheaper alternative, something you can share?

Best regards,
Mikael

#36 PhotoguyUSA

PhotoguyUSA

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:27 PM

Hi there,

I'm curious about the cheaper alternative, something you can share?

Best regards,
Mikael

I dont have the info here with me today but...

You get an EP3 Idler pulley from a Honda Civic Si (available from any dealership or online parts supplier).
You will need the pulley
Mount
and the 2 screws
Then a smaller belt.

#37 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:05 AM

I dont have the info here with me today but...

You get an EP3 Idler pulley from a Honda Civic Si (available from any dealership or online parts supplier).
You will need the pulley
Mount
and the 2 screws
Then a smaller belt.

So I went the EP3 idler route. Its a pretty easy install, just get the bracket and place it where the AC compressor used to be and boom your done. If anybody is looking for this set-up I can get you a good price on it, its fairly cheap around $100 or so. Here are some pics of it installed, just minus the belt:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I was going through the stock wiring harness to see what I had. Most of it, strike that all of it will be replaced I am planning on going down the fancy route with a nice wire tuck harness that I will make everything nice and invisible.

Posted Image

No other real updates on the car just waiting on the shipment to arrive over here and the real instal begins.. I was wokring on the seats and making a bracket for them.

#38 PhotoguyUSA

PhotoguyUSA

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

Brain,
Great glad you got it all sorted. Do you need the size of belt? I will have to verify when I get home.

Lookin GREAT!

#39 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:47 PM

Brain,
Great glad you got it all sorted. Do you need the size of belt? I will have to verify when I get home.

Lookin GREAT!

Got the belt too, its a 50.5" if I remember correctly. Will try and get it on this week. Looking at getting the RBC INtake Manifold along with the K-pro and that should be it sorted from an engine standpoint. Might go with a nice fancy fuel Rail and leave off the Manifold cover.. I just need to stop with the engine, or I will be modding forever =]) Next thing you know I will be putting in a turbo'd K24... :D

Edited by irishdude, 21 May 2009 - 04:47 PM.

#40 PhotoguyUSA

PhotoguyUSA

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:52 PM

That sounds right, yes go with an RBC. I would have but I already had direct port nitrous installed so I just went with it.
:D =] :- :w00t: :- :crazy: :D :D :D :D Ya tell me about it!

#41 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:11 PM

That sounds right, yes go with an RBC. I would have but I already had direct port nitrous installed so I just went with it.
:D =] :- :w00t: :- :crazy: :D :D :D :D Ya tell me about it!

Going to save the Nitrous for the Hayabusa Engine :thumbsup: Was thinking of going down the ITB route but the tuning and daily driving issues that comes with them just won't work for me. They are so nice looking and the perfromance out of them is great.. Would love to put them on, but I want this car to be able to drive around with minimal problems.. I think the RBC intake will be a nice compromise, might get a few extra ponnies out of it too, with a little tuning it should run great.

Can't wait till I get this bad boy up and running.. There are a couple of Mini Track days happening up here that I want to go to and just show people over here what a Real Mini is :yinyang:

#42 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:15 AM

Coming along nicely, will be good to see what figues you get with the setup you're proposing.

Good luck.

#43 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:53 PM

Been a long time since my last update. just really been working on the Engine and getting it all ready for dropping it in the Chassis. Got word that the Kits are scheduled for arrival on the 17th of July. A little later thatn I hoped but nevertheless exciting times ahead.. been working on trying to get the www.zcarsusa.com website up and running. Nearly there too.

Ended up getting a RBC Manifold, Hondata Gasket, Karcepts TB adapter for the Manifold. Went with a nice Hybrid Racing Fuel Rails. The updgraded mounts should be on their way to me soon too along with the Hondata K-Pro which I am picking up today. the RBC manifold is a Honda OEM part that I believe comes off the Civic Si. Slight modification is required to fit onto the K20 but only cutting off an edga of the manifold so it fits around the waterpump.

here are some pics of the instal of the intake. Its so easy working on engines when they are not in the car :thumbsup:

Nice shiney intake Manifold. The RBC give better flow than the standard JDM PRC manifold so hopefully should see some gains with it. Coupled up with teh K-pro and a little tuning it will be good.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The Stock Manifold ready for removal. Got the TB and all the hoses and clips off -

Posted Image
Posted Image

And there is it is off:

Posted Image

Need to fix up the Valve Cover, looks like oil spilled out of the Dip Stick hole and the Filler cap. no damage just looks crap.

been working with the guys in Hybrid Racing for a bit and they have a great Fuel Rail that I will try out. looks nice and clean when installed. No other real advantage except for hte Bling effect over the stock Rail.

Posted Image

Here you can see it installed along with the TB manifold adapter plate;

Posted Image

Removed the Brake Booster Fitting to give a cleaner look to the manifold plus I won't be using it. Plugged up the hole and the MAP sensor hole on the RBC with some rubber plugs.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Hondata Heat shiled gasket and all set to reinstall on the block

Posted Image
Posted Image

This was a pretty install and would recommend to any one to do this prior to putting you engine in the chassis. Once I get it up on the dyno I will share some gains from it. But the honda guys are seeing around 10HP gain. Which is not bad. also think the Torque curve changes for the better with this upgrade but we'll wait and see.

See few steps are to work on the car hope to lay down some Dynamat over the whole interior over the next ew weeks and then just fingers crossed the kits arrive safe and sound and the real fun can begin.

#44 PhotoguyUSA

PhotoguyUSA

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:41 PM

May want to take the water/heater lines off and plug those while your at it. I think I ended up taking my manifold off nearly ten times! Do you have to? No, but it makes it so much cleaner. Oh and plug the back outlet and lose the big ugly black pipe running along the side.

#45 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

May want to take the water/heater lines off and plug those while your at it. I think I ended up taking my manifold off nearly ten times! Do you have to? No, but it makes it so much cleaner. Oh and plug the back outlet and lose the big ugly black pipe running along the side.

Yeah thats the next bit is to get rid of all the heater hoses. I can go the easy route and just loop it or remove all the hoses. Just need to block the block and the thermostat and I'm golden :proud:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users