565 replies to this topic

#16 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:48 PM

Whats your target weight Mark?? (the car I mean :tongue: )

#17 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:16 PM

Much Respect after seeig the MkII always loved those cars, never got around to haveing one...

Only Have two Words to say to you HOLESHOT RACING... :rolleyes: :cry:

#18 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:36 PM

I'll second that, that Huddersfield Mini Spares owned Mini is amazing (I read the review in MiniWorld and haven't slept properly since) :rolleyes: Wasn't it some ridiculous power output like 450 donkeys or something??

#19 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:48 PM

Whats your target weight Mark?? (the car I mean :tongue: )

well,chris reckons the busa powered car in red he has now is about 600kg but that is all steel panels.
Im planning on carbon boot, bonnet, and arches, fibreglass front end, plus loads of titanium bolts and alloy everywhere plus alloy brakes so i reckon 500kg is realistic?? but i will get it corner weighted to find out when it is finished. Handy knowing someone in tweeks

Mark :wales:

Attached Files

• Attached File  zed.jpg   214.31K   147 downloads

#20 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 06:42 AM

Z cars Full F/G shelled car only wieghts 462kgs so I think 500 might be a bridge to far..... But what the hell try... Titianium front subframe and front suspension links ????? They do make them....

Forge motorsport used to the company name, but for some reason there web sight is down ???

#21 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 08:37 AM

Well im still undecided on the MINI MONTE CARLO!!! Ok they have had a clean sheet of papaer to re design the suspension etc but what they have lost weight wise with a composite shell, has been put back in scaffolding!!!! :rolleyes:

The old website with the original R1 white mini buzzin round was about 550 ish but what the hell it will be fast anyway!!!!!!!!!
Im not using it for serious competition but i may have a go at a sprint & a hillclimb but trackdays and road use is the primary function + embarrassing impreza's & evo's etc, Cant wait :cry: :cry:

Ps what are you building then???????????

Attached Files

#22 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 10:01 AM

Mine is just touching below 500Kg at the moment, a bit more difficult for yours as the busa is about 20Kg heavier. However, if you are prepared to spend the money you can easily get it down below 500Kg and possibly even 450Kg. The lighter you want it, the more you have to spend!!

Force racing do the titanium front subframes etc, not cheap at around £1000 but very light. I have seen a few minis with them fitted. At first they seemed to be on the drag minis with the exception of Chris Lockharts blackbird which has had terrible handling problems for the last couple of years. However, there is a KAD 16v mini featured on the latest minifilms dvd which also has the titanium subframe.

Bill Sollis said it was a difficult car to drive but not sure what he meant by this. Bill also said my car was tricky as well but the main reason was the C**p tyres I had fitted!! Will have to wait for the dvd to come out for the full analysis. :cry: :cry: :cry: :rolleyes:

#23 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:00 PM

The old website with the original R1 white mini buzzin round was about 550 ish but what the hell it will be fast anyway!!!!!!!!!

No it wasn't mate. It is 660kgs with carbon front end and boot.
Well that's what the owner told me. I went for my test drive at that video shoot.

#24 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:43 PM

The scaffolding I'm using was originaly designed for the WW2 Spitfire....... That's where T45 was originaly used, light and strong.......

Or was it some stuff left round after I built my garage ?? You might be right it may be scafolding.... :cry: :cry:

I do love Chris at Z Cars :rolleyes: :cry:

But I do take a pinch of salt with his Weight calc's..... If you ever say the Ultima Sports they did, they recon it was 900 Kgs.. Haveing built one my self, and knowing that a Standard Busa wieghts 90 Kgs, I found that very hard to believe...
But I will stand up and eat my words If I'm wrong....

Anyway 500 or 600 thats still more than a Porsche 911 Turbo.!!!!! Bring it on Classic Mini's rule....

God wouldn't it be fun if we all got togther and poached a RSOC meet at Santa Pod, and 6 Mini's posted faster times than any of those Cossy boys.... Now that would be funny....... :cry: :cry:

#25 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:10 PM

Anyway all this weight and power stuff is irelevant really at our level, We all know how fast they are as we wouldnt be spending loads to build em in the first place??
I only believe power and weight figures if they are measured correctly and written/printed proof is produced. Plus it's what is does on the track/road that counts...........
I bet there isnt much difference in my busa heavyweight to say ade's minus r1 and the pickup etc......? You would all have to line em up at bruntingthorpe and have a TOPGEAR style drag race to prove the theory. (now theres an idea for the future??)

But i will have mine on a set of cornerweight scales when it's finished :smartass:

#26 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:13 PM

How many bike powered builds have we got going on here now???
I cant keep up with who is doing what!!!!!!!

Mark :worship:

#27 R500OLE

R500OLE

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:18 PM

must be atleast 5...my R1 is definately on its way

#28 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:31 PM

Right, quick update after a wekend of BBQ's and out with the family + a bit of mini stripping fitted in here and there............

Managed to remove all the wiring and fuel hoses, basically the engine bay is bare now, only fuel tank and rear subframe to go so hope to be starting to CUT METAL next weekend :grin:

Right, gotta go, im off to wath the DUKE'S OF HAZZARD now,
YEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAA

Edited by markrally73, 22 July 2006 - 12:06 PM.

#29 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 03:30 PM

Mine was weighed on Chris's corner weight scales at Z cars. Weight distribution was 47:53 F:R with me sitting in the car.

The weight was within 10Kg of what I weighed it at myself using the bathroom scales. :rolleyes: :cry:

#30 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:44 PM

Mine was weighed on Chris's corner weight scales at Z cars. Weight distribution was 47:53 F:R with me sitting in the car.

The weight was within 10Kg of what I weighed it at myself using the bathroom scales. :cry: :cry:

Bl***y H**l, That some bathroom scales if you can get your mini on it!!!! :cry: :rolleyes: :cry: :angel: :cry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users