#61 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  • Local Club: Naaa......

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:38 PM

100% with Tom on this ;) . Really dont like the new system, and would much prefer going back to the old system :P Just can't keep track of whats for sale, and havnt listed anything either as its just does my head in :(

#62 cookie4343

cookie4343

**Caution: Do Not Feed Alcohol**

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Mini's

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:39 PM

we should have a poll and whichever one wins it's stays.

#63 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:31 AM

BUMP

#64 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:19 AM

I dont think the mods quite understand that people dont like the new system.

Mods?.... Doesn't have much to do with Moderators, Tom,... It's Admin who are working on the classifieds section.

I Personally don't see the problem with it at all, used it quite a bit, it sets things out clearly, stops people spamming up threads, categorises items easily, tells you how far from the item you are

Job lots aren't difficult to advertise either, Jordie had a job lot up the other day, everything itemised with seperate prices, pictured clearly.

can't keep track of what's for sale

Use the 'My Watch list', just like on Ebay to tag ads you want to keep an eye on.

you cant keep track of whats being put up for sale as and when it is

again, the watch list means you can tag ads to keep an eye on them,... there's even a search function that works to help you find what you want.

Also with the old system as i think i posted up earlyer anything posted up in the forsale would show up when i refreshed the new posts thingy and you could see when something new is up.

The calender on the left of the page enables users to bring up all the items that had been put up on that particular day, so you know what's new and old from the dates and items can grouped as such....

haven't listed anything either as its just does my head in

:P not a very useful comment/reason unless you can elaborate more on what needs improving :)

I just don't see the problem, and it has nothing to do with me being a team member, If i thought it was crap, i'd say what i thought.

The section could do with a 'PM seller' tab rather than sending an e- mail. but there's nothing stopping users clicking the username of the seller (bottom of page in the 'advert by' box) which links to the sellers forum profile, you then Pm them like you normally would,... it's only two clicks.

#65 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:07 AM

I much prefer the new system. Theres no for sale threads being bumped every 5 minutes, and you just pick a section for what your looking for, and go through the pages. Its much better, and its great that it shows price and distance too.

With the old system, nobody every bothered going past the first couple of pages to look for stuff, and with the amount of listing we have, your for sale threads would just fall away to page 10 in a couple of days. Since the new system limits the amount on each page, your more likely to scroll through the pages to find what your after.

Another good feature is that fact its easy and clear when an item has sold. Not many people used to bother editing there item description when it had sold on the old one, so i was forever emailing people asking 'did you ever sell those brakes you had for sale a month ago?'

Its easy to put a listing up too...

#66 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:14 AM

The section could do with a 'PM seller' tab rather than sending an e- mail. but there's nothing stopping users clicking the username of the seller (bottom of page in the 'advert by' box) which links to the sellers forum profile, you then Pm them like you normally would,... it's only two clicks.

If you click on an advert, go to the part of the advert that is titled 'Advert By', the 'Contact Seller' link will set up a new PM to that member, not an email. One thing I'm working on is automatically adding a subject line to the PM.

#67 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:29 AM

my apologies, i seemed to remember it being E-mail - and assumed that was why people took so long to reply :- turns out people are just lazy lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users