tomsbluemini

My Blue little monster

• Area Managers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC / Kentish

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:22 AM

Hi Gang

I like many have a mobile phone running WM6. I've used them for the past 3 years and i'm very happy with them. The internet browsing is great and i've noticed that a lot of sites like google and facebook have mobile versions for IE on WM6 that are just cut down versions of the existing sites, pictures removed etc...

I've tried looking at tmf a couple of times on my phone and it just eats up all the memory on my phone because the baner's so big for a small phone and everybody's got signatures etc...

I just wondered on the dfeasibility of having a TMF mobile so that other people who might consider looking at TMF on their phones could more easily...

Tom

#2 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:24 AM

At the bottom there is a link called 'Lo-Fi version', best to use that. Though currently you can't reply to a topic using that version.

#3 tomsbluemini

tomsbluemini

My Blue little monster

• Area Managers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:35 AM

At the bottom there is a link called 'Lo-Fi version', best to use that. Though currently you can't reply to a topic using that version.

would it ever be something that the team would look in to? I would use it quite a lot if it existed, and i guess others would too... i'm happy to be a guinea pig :D

#4 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:38 AM

Yea, there is a new version of the forum software coming out soon (prob a couple of months), so it could well be something that is sorted in that. If not I'll definitely look in to it, as I think it would be useful to say, if you're working on your car outside or in the garage, be able to look up something on TMF.

#5 tomsbluemini

tomsbluemini

My Blue little monster

• Area Managers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:12 AM

Yea, there is a new version of the forum software coming out soon (prob a couple of months), so it could well be something that is sorted in that. If not I'll definitely look in to it, as I think it would be useful to say, if you're working on your car outside or in the garage, be able to look up something on TMF.

Yeah, and when you're at work and not supposed to browse the forum and you feel that you want to, etc etc etc...

Well, If you need a guinea pig, you know where I am :D

#6 Marky Tizz

Marky Tizz

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:15 AM

Be interesting to see how it would work on the G1 as well, works ok atm but again takes quite a bit of memory.

#7 tomsbluemini

tomsbluemini

My Blue little monster

• Area Managers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

Be interesting to see how it would work on the G1 as well, works ok atm but again takes quite a bit of memory.

I imagine it'll be pretty much the same...

as long as they can just shrink the res to fit the screen, and disable the banner, smileys, signatures, scripts etc then it'd work...

#8 Marky Tizz

Marky Tizz

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:57 PM

Not totally relevant but just thought I'd share, currently on the wightlink ferry using my laptop to browse the forum, using my G1 as a wireless router.
3G seems to cope really well with loading the forum, so it would seem it's just the phone's actual memory and screen size making it an issue to read. I might look into this, could be something I could work on in Android.
*light bulbs spring above head*

#9 dougie1142

dougie1142

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Local Club: I.M.O.G

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:51 PM

TMF works really well with the iphone in landscape mode, just as fast as normal sites, but thinking of downgrading so a mobile version might be nifty, or anyone can do it an APP for the iphone would be nice :D

#10 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:22 PM

Will it work on my PSP 3003 ;)

#11 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members