#1 tmsmini

tmsmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Local Club: MOASF

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:08 PM

Awhile back I thought I remembered someone taking apart the MPi stepper.
This is my spare and I was going to check the function. Does the cover come off if you remove the pins? Are they just pressed in? Can you press fully in to remove the cover?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is there a source for replacement O rings? I know people have said just buy a box and try to find one that fits. I would prefer to be more methodical in replacing them.

Terry

#2 nicksuth

nicksuth

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:39 PM

I've been looking around for the lower housing part but can only find a part number for the stepper motor assembly - MLZ100050 which does not include the lower housing!!) and the 2 x screws that fixe the lower housing to the manifold - JZX6187 - http://www.somerford.....oint Inje.pdf

So if you come across parts drop me a PM and I'll do the same?

Nick

#3 nicksuth

nicksuth

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:30 PM

Just looking a bit further into this and doing a bit of surfing on the tinternet, I see MLZ100050 was for the whole unit complete with bottom housing (an O Rings!!) but it was replaced with MLZ100090. MDQ100040 (which I bought) was just the stepper motor part. AQlso see that these parts are common to K series engines and some LandRover units?

This appears to apply to a lot of the MPi's sensors, injectors etc. etc.

MiniSpares quote both the MLZ100050 and MDQ100040 but note that the lower housing (which cracks regularly) is not avaolable seperatley!!!

http://www.minispare...mp;tc=1#submenu

#4 tmsmini

tmsmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:39 PM

Moss Motors

MKG100250 Throttle Body 'O' Ring Kit Qualifies For Extra Savings! £11.65
on this page:
Link to O ring kit

Edited by tmsmini, 13 May 2009 - 10:39 PM.

#5 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:03 AM

Why do you actualy want to take the main motor body apart?

Yes, if you can actualy get the pins out )a;ternatively punch them in, you will recover two of them, one will be lost in the plastic for good) the connector end and motor will pull out, after you have pulled the plunger out the other end. There are two flat springs on the inside at the base of the motor, there is a coil spring behind the plastic shield around the plunger, the plunger is a screw fit on the end of the plunger rod, and the plunger rod is a key fit in the motor body.

Why do you want to take it apart? I only took one apart to modify it to work with a bipolar stepper motor driver.

The never go back the same way

#6 tmsmini

tmsmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:49 AM

It was just going to be for my own education on the operation of the stepper. I will leave it alone. as you suggest.

In my link above the throttle body O ring kit includes the rings for the IACV, at least that is what a description of that item said on another page some where.

Here is the other page. It is the EPC for the MGF
http://www.mgfcar.de/epc/5945.htm

But my understanding is that the trottle body and IACV are the same. It gave me the part number for the O ring kit and then i searched the web for the part number.

Edited by tmsmini, 14 May 2009 - 03:33 PM.

#7 tmsmini

tmsmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:41 PM

I meant to say the gaskets were the same for the throttle body and the IACV. I have a EPC for the Mini, but I have never been able to get it to work. The listing on the heritage CD is really poor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users