13 replies to this topic

#1 CMcB

CMcB

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:20 PM

Don't miss Mini Magazine's Italian Job anniversary issue, out Friday.

Keep an eye on the website for more info - www.minimag.co.uk

Also, check out Chris Barrie in a Mini on the website.

Posted Image

#2 gregh55

gregh55

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Local Club: naaa

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:27 PM

whens it coming to my door =], and i hope im in it :thumbsup:

#3 gregh55

gregh55

• Banned
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:32 PM

yeah ive seen that advertised on discovery =] the mini is it the mk1 from hrcr isnt it?

this one?

Posted Image

Edited by gregh55, 01 June 2009 - 04:40 PM.

#4 CMcB

CMcB

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:37 PM

Yes, that is Clive King's car, and he runs it in the Mini Magazine Mini 50 Cup.

There will also be an interview with Chris Barrie soon as we were present when filming was taking place.

And those magnesium Minilites are Timo Makinen's old ones.

Greg, lucky people like you should receive it very soon - oh and I checked - yes you are in it, but I dont think you're looking at the camera!!

#5 gregh55

gregh55

• Banned
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:44 PM

do you know what colour it is craig? i think its dove grey but not 100% sure

and :thumbsup: lol why dont i look at the camera =] lol

#6 CMcB

CMcB

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

Remy Julienne, the man behind The Italian Job’s famous stunts talks exclusively to Mini Magazine this month as part of our The Italian Job 40th anniversary special. Remy tells all about how each of his groundbreaking stunts were undertaken and how the rest of the crew felt about the dangers involved in what was to become, arguably, the most iconic car chase in film history.

Then we take a tour of Turin, seeing the sights and scenes of the film and explaining how the escape route would have worked in reality. We also show you how to take the tour yourself with the help of Google Streetview.

We’ve also bagged the official replica build of GPF 146G which now adorns the numberplates from the film car.

There’s also 10 The Italian Job 40th Anniversary DVD/Blu-rays to giveaway which you can enter via our website – www.minimag.co.uk.

Mini Magazine has also exclusively interviewed Hollywood star Mickey Rourke, who used to own a classic Mini, and he has a very interesting tale to tell.

This month’s top competition is a chance to win practically all the tools you need to work on your Mini, courtesy of Machine Mart. The tool superstore is offering over £400 worth of Mini-relevant tools to one lucky reader – and, as Keith Calver says, you can never have too many tools, so enter now!

And we haven’t skimped out on feature cars with the inclusion of Italian Job stuff either. You can read about the last ever Mini to take a podium place on the Monte Carlo rally, and hear about how Paul Lips has kept it in such great condition.

Back to the present and we look at 17 year old Sam Blunt’s Orange Mini that he has given a smart design twist to. You’ll know when you’ve been Tango’d with this car!

Matt Rowley is the second of our K-head cars to be put under the microscope. We look at what he’s done to get such awesome power from an A-Series and how you can recreate it with your own build.

We’re always first for shows, and this month is no different. Read through our four-page report on the fantastic British Mini Day at Himley Hall where one lucky winner drove away in the BMC’s golden car and many more turned out for a great day and to see some excellent cars and displays.
There are also reports on the Mini Magazine Champagne Tour to France, extended coverage of the Kiwi Pork Pie Run, plus coverage of the Newark show, Lincoln BIG Mini Day, SDMOC Waringstown Run, the huge turnout at the Suffolk Run, Crewe’s Missiles’ CRY Run, HAMOC’s H2H Run and the wet and fun Scottish Mini Splash Day from Cumbria Mini Cruisers. Phew!

As well as all the regulars, in tech this month we test the best overalls for working on a Mini, look at how the drop gears work, show you how to replace your steering rack and underseal your car, while Keith Calver’s Masterclass explains all about piston rings – there’s more to know than you think!

July’s issue of Mini Magazine is on sale on June 5, 2009 and is available in all WHSmiths high street branches and all other good newsagents.

#7 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:07 PM

Got it through the door earlier, loved the multimap showing the route they (film!) took, wonder what they used then? Sat nav?

Good read

>_<

#8 Sir Cheat

Sir Cheat

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:07 PM

I will pick my copy up at WH Smiths.

#9 dazzul

dazzul

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Local Club: BODGE SPEED RACING

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:08 PM

Just wondering do asda tescp ect stock it? ive never brought a mini mag

#10 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:11 PM

Bit off topic!!

Craig, I took out a subscription at Himley, should I be getting this months through the post?

If so not got it yet, and don't want to buy 2 copies(unless i'm in it!!)

#11 Sir Cheat

Sir Cheat

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

I've not seen Mini Mag in tesco or morrisons. I think SPAR sell it not sure.

#12 CMcB

CMcB

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

Shifty - i wouldnt have thought you would get it yet - 4-6 weeks usually and himley was only a couple of weeks ago (3 maybe)

Sadly we are not stocked in the supermarkets, but that helps keep our cover price down so you dont have to spend over £4.

All WHSmiths high st branches will stock it - and if they dont I want to know about it - Thanks

Enjoy!!!
>_<

#13 Twincam

Twincam

• Members
  • 1,742 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

Mini World is sold in my Local Tescos - Wh-Smiths stock Mini Mag (what don't they stock?)

Edited by Twincam, 04 June 2009 - 10:20 PM.

#14 dazzul

dazzul

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Local Club: BODGE SPEED RACING

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:44 PM

okay ill let you know if they aint got it tomorrow!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users