7 replies to this topic

#1 preston-7

preston-7

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:21 PM

Hi, I finally got my pro-motive r1 minus on the road last thursday, I have never driven a motorbike, and i was wondering if when you change gear, you should almost hear some sort of a 'bang' or 'clunk' im not sure what the best way 2 describe it is, its not a really loud one or aything, does anyone know if this is normal? or if ive done something wrong?

cheers

Nick

#2 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:09 PM

perfectly normal mate from neutral to 1st clunk then 1st to 2nd clunk then the rest should be smooth

I'd like to see sum pictures or take me for a spin & il take u for a spin!!!!

#3 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:08 PM

Hi, I finally got my pro-motive r1 minus on the road last thursday, I have never driven a motorbike, and i was wondering if when you change gear, you should almost hear some sort of a 'bang' or 'clunk' im not sure what the best way 2 describe it is, its not a really loud one or aything, does anyone know if this is normal? or if ive done something wrong?

cheers

Nick

Glad this has been brought up. Mine does the same. I have found that if you rev it in neutral to around 1500 or 2000 rpm before selecting first you can do it without the loud bag and car jerking forward. But ive not found out how to make the change from 1st to second any better.
So it must just be one of those things that they all do.
Just thought it was my bad clutch control! But maybe im nt all that bad after all.

#4 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:39 PM

when you change gear, you should almost hear some sort of a 'bang' or 'clunk'

Not R1 Mini related but on my CBR600 (bike) it clunks big time from neutral to selecting first, then a not-so-bad clunk from first to second, thats normal, its perfectly fine after that like Basky said.

If you ever see a sports bike waiting at some lights, watch when he knocks his left foot down to select first, on most you will easily hear it, some you may even see the bike knock forward.

:P

#5 preston-7

preston-7

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:40 AM

Thanks very much everyone, i was worrying i had missed something, thats great if it's all normal, It's going to get the brakes bled properly, and maybe an MOT if i'm lucky on wednesday, then its off to get the carbs jetted properly so it runs a bit better! I'll get some videos of it driving asap!

what are all you boys doing about your carb jetting?? and how are you getting them set up properly?

many thanks

Nick

#6 preston-7

preston-7

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:45 AM

perfectly normal mate from neutral to 1st clunk then 1st to 2nd clunk then the rest should be smooth

I'd like to see sum pictures or take me for a spin & il take u for a spin!!!!

I've got some photos in my project thread, on here somewhere, in this section! i'll get some videos up asap! yes we will have 2 compare notes haha

#7 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:12 AM

Thanks very much everyone, i was worrying i had missed something, thats great if it's all normal, It's going to get the brakes bled properly, and maybe an MOT if i'm lucky on wednesday, then its off to get the carbs jetted properly so it runs a bit better! I'll get some videos of it driving asap!

what are all you boys doing about your carb jetting?? and how are you getting them set up properly?

many thanks

Nick

Ring Darren and ask him about the new jets he has just had made up for his carb car. Ive ordered a set and am fitting them this week. This should sort out the low end flat spot and will save you a lot of time and money on the rollers. Ill let you know as soon as I have them fitted.

#8 preston-7

preston-7

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:01 PM

many thanks

Nick

Ring Darren and ask him about the new jets he has just had made up for his carb car. Ive ordered a set and am fitting them this week. This should sort out the low end flat spot and will save you a lot of time and money on the rollers. Ill let you know as soon as I have them fitted.

cheers.I'm taking it to a bike place on thursday, so i'll give him a ring today and see what he can do!

Be sure to have a look in my project forum, i'm about to add a video of its 1st drive! :)

Edited by preston-7, 08 June 2009 - 05:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users