#16 maph2

maph2

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Local Club: Poor Boys Warwick

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:52 PM

Time for a dumb question, what rad are you using?

I'm hoping to source one this weekend :)

Yeh its a small one :) Its an Mpi rad but i'm not too sure how its gonna cope but the space is somewhat limited!! Was thinking of the hythe performance upgraded mpi rad or a special made alloy one (can't afford that at the mo tho :dontgetit: )

It may well be ok, i've heard they are very good rads..time will tell i suppose.

Sorry Jayare still havn't got those pics for you yet, havn't forgoten tho.

Cheers

James

mpi rads seem top be ok on the samller bore engines. its the redtops that are too much for them...

#17 jamob

jamob

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:15 PM

Time for a dumb question, what rad are you using?

I'm hoping to source one this weekend :)

Yeh its a small one :dontgetit: Its an Mpi rad but i'm not too sure how its gonna cope but the space is somewhat limited!! Was thinking of the hythe performance upgraded mpi rad or a special made alloy one (can't afford that at the mo tho ;) )

It may well be ok, i've heard they are very good rads..time will tell i suppose.

Sorry Jayare still havn't got those pics for you yet, havn't forgoten tho.

Cheers

James

mpi rads seem top be ok on the samller bore engines. its the redtops that are too much for them...

Good to know, :)

#18 Mini Mike

Mini Mike

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Looking at doing a 1.6 16v conversion in the near future and was wondering what sort of bhp at the wheels this would have with the throttle bodies? and is making a box to accept throttle bodies really as simple as cutting away and welding a box in place or does it require more reinforcements??

Cheers

Mike.

#19 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

You don't need to cut away the bulkhead like that to fit the normal Jenvey ITBs, I didn't. I used a Bowyer angled inlet manifold on my Jenvey 45s and they clear the crossmember fine. The setup that Jamob has gone for is the Jenvey SF kit I think, which I would have preferred to use as it means you can run the servo over on the left as he has. I've gone for an internal pedal box which I now regret (mainly because it is an OBP one and is absolute rubbish). Allspeed do an internal pedal box conversion too though.

I imagine this setup will be around 130-140 at the wheels, don't know what mine is, but the Jenvey SF bodies are supposedly good for around 160-165bhp at the flywheel with the standard internals and no head port work on the C16XE.... I don't really know what gearbox losses to expect with the Vauxhall gearboxes either to be honest. Either way, the 1.6 16V setup is a great little conversion and it's fairly easy to squeeze it under a standard round nose.

#20 minitim28

minitim28

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

hi when u do a converstion do you have to reinforce any thing to take the engine

#21 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

I reinforced the floor where the front subframe's rear mounts bolt through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users