Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 17 March 2004 - 11:30 PM

Hey everyone,

After all your advice and help i took the plunge yesterday and spent some dollar on me car. Bought Cooper S disc assembly, 2 core rad, new fan, braided brake hoses, valve stem oil seals and a new oil pump. I know the engine has to come out to do the oil pump, and the clutch/flywheel assy has to be removed, then what do i need to take off? Do the transfer gears between engine and box need to be taken off, then the whole ally flywheel housing (not just the clutch end plate)? How long do you reckon it will take?? Once the engine's out could it be done in a day do you think??

Cheers in advance,

Tom

#2 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 18 March 2004 - 09:58 PM

If you know what your doin it can be done in a day. The oil pump is behind the fly wheel housing, so all that lot has to come off :) but the good thing is that its only a case of 2 blots holding the pump on. Thing is tho, you've already bought the pump, are you sure its the right one, there are 3 different pump drives to choose from, depending on what cam u have an how old it is.

#3 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 20 March 2004 - 10:59 AM

yeah, i've made sure the pump is the right one for the cam. thats ok, wasn't too sure how it went on, the manuals aren't the best at telling you really!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares