mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts
  • Local Club: J19 Mini Owners Club

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

Not a huge update, but here goes :thumbsup:
Got the fuel tank out of the car. Had no lines or sender, so thought it'd be a good idea to remove it, respray it nicely, make sure its all lovely jubbley inside and put a new sender in, before returning it to the car.
Found the original VIN and Commision number plates, on the dash, covered in blue paint >_<. It had a new front end you see, so they were taken off for that, put on the dash and sprayed over! So had to carefully pick the blue paint off :).
Got some nice Cobra Classics in black with a blue piping, that match the car perfectly :) Swapped what was left of my GT for them with my brother :)
have a couple of questions for people who are bored enough to read this post >_<...
Anyone know if the tank sender is the same as a standard Mini fuel tank one?
And anyone know where to get a pickup rear window from? Do Autoglass and people like that do them?
Thanks
Dan :)

#17 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:48 PM

>_< Sounds cool. Looks so nice!

#18 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:54 PM

Anyone know if the tank sender is the same as a standard Mini fuel tank one?

Here's Huey's ... Minispares link here. I believe

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Teapot, 26 August 2009 - 03:57 PM.

#19 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:04 PM

That looks different...
I suppose it'll have to be different as there's less horizontal movement between empty and full, as its a more of a flat tank that the standard car ones

#20 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:31 PM

The Pickup rear screens are not easy to find I think, a few come up on ebay every now and then so keep a look out

#21 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:35 PM

Has 8.4 discs on the front, but apparently there's an article in the new MiniWorld about spacers that can be used to make 10x6 wheels fit over 8.4 discs. Will be looking at that

ive got 8.4" brakes with 6x10 weller wheels, had to use a 1" spacer tho (could possibly go for a smaller spacer, but i like my wheels to fill my arches! lol), and upgrade the wheel bearings as the spacers put more stress on the bearings!

hope this helps!

(my mini is in this months miniworld, its the modified white mini 850 in the my mini section, reg oac 229w, have a look n ull see my wheels fitted over the brakes)

pick up is looking sweet by the way!

#22 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:38 PM

Ah that's great. I'm just going to purchase a set of Cooper S discs, I know it'll be more money but atleast then I'm not putting extra stress on other parts. Its just the easiest and possibly safest way I think.

#23 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:43 PM

Ok, decided today that I'm going to get it resprayed. 'It's just been sprayed' I hear you say! Well yes it has. Spray job, top notch! Prep work, not so. I'm really not happy with all the drag marks in the primer underneath, and inside and under the engine bay they haven't done a fantastic job (sprayed over sound proofing, removed that to find multicoloured interior!) Bro is going to do it for me, he's having a load of things off me instead of money, so that won't hurt the wallet too much. Will still be the same colour though! :)
Dan :thumbsup:

#24 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:17 AM

Ok, now officially skint! But atleast I've got a nice brand new set of Cooper S discs from MiniSpares on the way :D Had to take advantage of the 15% off >_<
Have another front subframe that Im painting up and building it up out of the car, then taking the other one out and swapping them straight over. Want to keep the car rolling for as long as poss.
Need some nice 6x10 alloys now...
Oh and some bottom arm pins if anyone's got any spare!?

Oh and thanks for the link, now purchased one ;)

Edited by digi-cars.piczo.com, 31 August 2009 - 11:10 AM.

#25 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:03 PM

So, now looking for some new wheels. Oh and a name for it. Thinking along the Farmer lines, seen asthough these cars did find themselves on farms as workhorses in the 70's and 80's. ;D

Here are the wheels I'm after:
LINK
Anyone rate the Falken tyres? It's going to be either them or AO32r's I think, because A008's are out of production. I can't justify the price of A032r's though, and I think the compound is too soft for a daily driver. Falkens it is, but I've heard they aren't all that fantastic...

Edited by digi-cars.piczo.com, 04 September 2009 - 10:22 AM.

#26 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:41 AM

Time for an update.
Got the old wiring loom out last night. Looks a bit... urm... old. :) Will be getting a new one of them I think! Can't be bothered with the hassles of dodgy wiring for the sake of £100.
Also started on removing all the flakey paint inside, ready for it to be resprayed. Will be doing more of this today!

Just found out it's been off the road since 1st Sept 1994 ;)! 15 years 3 days and counting... :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by digi-cars.piczo.com, 04 September 2009 - 10:47 AM.

#27 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:33 PM

Decided the front end is going to look like THIS with the mk1 grile, overriders and sticky numberplate.

Got a couple more pics of the rear. I placed the tailgate up against it to see what it looks like:
Posted Image

Pretty much finished getting rid of all the flakey paint inside. Started on the load floor now. Isn't too bad atall, just needs the flakeyness taken off and the have it all prepped properly before paint. Going to my brother's on Thursday for prep and paint! Can't wait to get it back and start putting it back together again!

#28 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:58 PM

thought about getting a polycarbonate rear screen made up?

#29 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:08 PM

Yeah Dad's already said about making me one. That's plan B if I can't get a glass one >_<

#30 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:14 PM

Yeah Dad's already said about making me one. That's plan B if I can't get a glass one >_<

hahaha :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users