#1 project mini chris

project mini chris

have a break, have a...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Designer Register

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:14 PM

i have an '88 designer and am planning to restore it back to original, i would like to no if anyone else is restoring any ltd edition or has restored one back to original or not???
would be great to hear!!

Chris >_<

#2 minijo

minijo

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Local Club: Humberside Mini Club

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:23 PM

We have an unmodified Piccadilly, All original as she was when she was new >_<

#3 project mini chris

project mini chris

have a break, have a...

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:29 PM

We have an unmodified Piccadilly, All original as she was when she was new >_<

i really likethe piccadilly especially the cashmere gold and the colourful interior! you have a great LE!!! :crazy:

#4 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:50 PM

any pics of the piccadilly? They're lovely. shame there's not more original minis about.

#5 Joloke08

Joloke08

Not banned but still weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:14 PM

Theres more and more Ltd Editions dissapearing every day :)
I dont know what i find more upsetting seeing a pimped car that was once a Ltd Edition or seeing an Ltd Edition interior in another car which means yet another one has either been modified beyond recognition or gone to the great scrapyard in the sky :w00t:

About 12 years ago i nearly bought a Ritz it was looking very sorry for itself so i walked away and got my clubby instead,that cars probably been scrapped now :w00t:

Theres allways the more desirable Ltd,s like the 25,open classic,designer,advantage etc that seem to get saved but i do hope some of the following get saved in Original Spec Condition

I think emmalee made us all sit up and think when she restored her Sky :crazy:
And Knebworth has now decided to return his Chelsea to Original Spec ;)

Red Hot
Jet Black
Racing Green
Chelsea
Piccadilly
Ritz
Park Lane
Studio 2
Sky
Rose

Even the Sidewalk with what had to be the most disgusting interior ever!! >_<

Even some non limited editions from the 80,s need saving because they are dissapearing too like
Early City/City E
Early Mayfair
HL/HLE

Anybody think of any others im sure theres other Ltd,s but cant think of them all at the Mo :)

Huggz
Jodie :w00t:

#6 project mini chris

project mini chris

have a break, have a...

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:24 PM

i agree, i think they should all be put back to there original glory! the best cars to modify are the late mayfairs as there were loads produced and have just as good donor bodies as the ltd editions.atm i have only seen 3 ltd's on the road, a designer, a neon and a 25. there arnt many left in comparison to the standard models and are well worth restoring. so if you have one hold on to it!!!!!
some people dont realise how rare they really are!!!!!

#7 Joloke08

Joloke08

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:29 PM

i agree, i think they should all be put back to there original glory! the best cars to modify are the late mayfairs as there were loads produced and have just as good donor bodies as the ltd editions.atm i have only seen 3 ltd's on the road, a designer, a neon and a 25. there arnt many left in comparison to the standard models and are well worth restoring. so if you have one hold on to it!!!!!
some people dont realise how rare they really are!!!!!

Neons i forgot about those,and there was the tahiti too >_<

#8 jaydee

jaydee

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,565 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:31 PM

I got a Checkmate LE in kinda standard conditions, used only original extras that were avaliable as option pack at the time.
Engine/suspension arent that pretty standard..like also the grille and the FG panels, but looks quite standard at a first sight, and thats what i like.

Edited by jaydee, 24 August 2009 - 02:32 PM.

#9 project mini chris

project mini chris

have a break, have a...

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:32 PM

Theres more and more Ltd Editions dissapearing every day :)
I dont know what i find more upsetting seeing a pimped car that was once a Ltd Edition or seeing an Ltd Edition interior in another car which means yet another one has either been modified beyond recognition or gone to the great scrapyard in the sky :w00t:

About 12 years ago i nearly bought a Ritz it was looking very sorry for itself so i walked away and got my clubby instead,that cars probably been scrapped now :w00t:

Theres allways the more desirable Ltd,s like the 25,open classic,designer,advantage etc that seem to get saved but i do hope some of the following get saved in Original Spec Condition

I think emmalee made us all sit up and think when she restored her Sky :crazy:
And Knebworth has now decided to return his Chelsea to Original Spec ;)

Red Hot
Jet Black
Racing Green
Chelsea
Piccadilly
Ritz
Park Lane
Studio 2
Sky
Rose

Even the Sidewalk with what had to be the most disgusting interior ever!! >_<

Even some non limited editions from the 80,s need saving because they are dissapearing too like
Early City/City E
Early Mayfair
HL/HLE

Anybody think of any others im sure theres other Ltd,s but cant think of them all at the Mo :)

Huggz
Jodie :w00t:

i dont actually think any mini interior is disgusting! especially not the designer's stripey 1's (which i am soon getting)lol :w00t:

#10 Asphalt

Asphalt

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Local Club: Member of a Local Club?:

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:36 PM

On the other hand - I guess in the 80's they made way more limited editions than standard Minis >_<

Mine was an original 'Mayfair Sport' (german market only LE). It's now far from original - and exactely how I like it! But give it two days and it's back to original. All the parts stil there and stored dry.

I don't want to drive a Mini for the sake of it'S originality - but for the fun. Which also means that I want to have my Mini as I like it. It seem unfair to me to blame people because they alter the apperance of they'r cars. Of course I can enjoy original cars - but I much more enjoy MY car :crazy:

Edited by Asphalt, 24 August 2009 - 03:02 PM.

#11 project mini chris

project mini chris

have a break, have a...

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:39 PM

sorry i worded it wrong i apologize!

#12 Joloke08

Joloke08

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:45 PM

Theres more and more Ltd Editions dissapearing every day :o
I dont know what i find more upsetting seeing a pimped car that was once a Ltd Edition or seeing an Ltd Edition interior in another car which means yet another one has either been modified beyond recognition or gone to the great scrapyard in the sky :o

About 12 years ago i nearly bought a Ritz it was looking very sorry for itself so i walked away and got my clubby instead,that cars probably been scrapped now :cry:

I think emmalee made us all sit up and think when she restored her Sky :w00t:
And Knebworth has now decided to return his Chelsea to Original Spec :w00t:

Red Hot
Jet Black
Racing Green
Chelsea
Piccadilly
Ritz
Park Lane
Studio 2
Sky
Rose

Even the Sidewalk with what had to be the most disgusting interior ever!! :)

Early City/City E
Early Mayfair
HL/HLE

Anybody think of any others im sure theres other Ltd,s but cant think of them all at the Mo :(

Huggz
Jodie :)

i dont actually think any mini interior is disgusting! especially not the designer's stripey 1's (which i am soon getting)lol ;)

I like designer interiors :w00t:
Just incase anybody had forgotten how insane and Loud a Sidewalk interior was

Enjoy
Posted Image
:w00t:
Posted Image
:wub:

Niceee !!!!
>_< :crazy: ;)
:)

Huggz
Jodie :)

#13 Jackman

Jackman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:51 PM

I like that interior >_<

#14 Mr.P

Mr.P

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:54 PM

We currently have a 35, and with the exception of wheels, she is original. She's off for new panels and spraying in october. Just found somewhere to get the transfers >_<

#15 james962

james962

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:57 PM

It's not been far from original - and exactely how I like it! But give it two days and it's back to original. All the parts stil there and stored dry.

Exactly the same as my Mini 30 (1959-89 anniversary model), all the original stuff is in the attic so can put it back to standard as everything done is completely reversible >_<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users