Dizzy Less

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Local Club: Crewes Missiles

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:34 PM

Hi everyone
Im in need of some advice, i have carbon doors fitted at the moment and have polly windows to fit. the problem is there is nowhere to fit a seal or push polly window upto something as its seamless. and silicon it is no good as i want it when i get back! as scum will push it out. i have thought of using some alloy angle but it looks crap with screws showing.
Is there a seal to which you can bond it in, or screw it in the middle and place window over it?
Thanks Lee ;D

#2 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:18 AM

CLICK ME for No More Nails Ultra

I have used this stuff recently (not fixing windows though), it comes in a clear gel form and it sticks better than shiiite to a blanket, also its accessable to the layman as you can buy it in Homebase. It aint cheap at a tenner a tube but it should do the job, get some and do a test to see if it'll do what you want it to.

Edited by cptkirk, 02 September 2009 - 09:18 AM.

#3 Dizzy Less

Dizzy Less

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:53 PM

CLICK ME for No More Nails Ultra

I have used this stuff recently (not fixing windows though), it comes in a clear gel form and it sticks better than shiiite to a blanket, also its accessable to the layman as you can buy it in Homebase. It aint cheap at a tenner a tube but it should do the job, get some and do a test to see if it'll do what you want it to.

Thanks kirk,
Its a good starting place the only proplem i can see is if some scum try's pushing the window though. but can make a template up first to see how strong it is.
Thanks Lee :D

#4 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:33 AM

Lee

I think it'll be plenty strong enough for doing the windows, if you get a good bead all the way round theres no way anyone is pushing it in, unless there using a rhinos arse to push with......then I think the car will cave before the glue lets go.

Andy

#5 Dizzy Less

Dizzy Less

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:51 PM

Thanks Andy I will give it a go as its only a tenner as you said, its a good place to start.
Thanks Lee :ermm:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users