42 replies to this topic

#1 akaflash

akaflash

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:07 PM

ri project all coming together now, pro mo frame on order, 5pw engine being delivered on wednesday, most hard work on shell done just need o/s sill welding on then rest of prep for body work, saw peppermint green mini, and convertable on rolling road at stanford hall, both sounded sweet, itching to get mine on the road, but can not see it happening this year

#2 04davina

04davina

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Local Club: colchester mini club

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:39 PM

is there any pics

#3 Sean12

Sean12

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:07 PM

ye i saw them to, good show that was. im pretty sure that was basky and roofless sweet motors both of them !!

#4 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:06 AM

a cabriolet R1 Pro-mo ?? who'd be stoopid enough to do that ?????? :)

mines the cabriolet, the peppermint ( porsche ? ) green beauty belongs to basky who's also a regular on here .

good luck with it, get ready for big smiles and soiled underwear :)

#5 Sean12

Sean12

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:53 PM

roofless, you have a truely lovely mini, it is very nice an to does basky both awsome machines. I am currently at uni an so undecisive as to either stick my motorbike engine in the front of my mini or the rear. this is part of a uni project i am doing (mechanical engineering). got lots of equipment an tools handy at uni, but literally just cant decide whether to go rear or front !?!? any recommendations or suggestions from having a front engined BEC mini ???

#6 akaflash

akaflash

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:55 PM

got engine and loom, looks a bit more complicated than i thought it would look but hey we'll sort it , waiting for frame now

#7 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:03 PM

got engine and loom, looks a bit more complicated than i thought it would look but hey we'll sort it , waiting for frame now

did you get voltage stabiliser as well? and are you going injection or carbs? :lol:

#8 akaflash

akaflash

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:31 AM

did you get voltage stabiliser as well? and are you going injection or carbs? :lol:

yes got every thing as have full bike, its injection 5pw

#9 Rosslin Racing

Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Local Club: SMP beo BMC swiss

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:40 PM

Nice one, welcome to the pro mo R1 nut cases

#10 akaflash

akaflash

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:08 PM

not got subrame yet and want to sort out ram pipes and air filters so could anyone with a promo kit measure their throttle body to top of wing rail, clearance for me please, also what are people doing about power commander maps, cheers in advance for any help

#11 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:21 PM

I adjust the power commander on each trip - dont run a permanant map per say - by the way if you want a power commander I have a spare one here for the 5PW.

I also have a good front subframe at the back of my unit if you need one. I'm only 20 mins form their workshops and could drop it off on my travels.

are you not running the Pro-Mo air box? dont forget you'll need to mount and use the air sensor in something. from the top of the throttle body you have at least 120mm clearance ( because thats how deep my airbox is )

:)

#12 akaflash

akaflash

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:14 PM

got power commander came with bike cheers, not took any notice of sensors as yet, but bid not see air flow sensor on bike, or did you mean atmospheric air pressure sensor, might be a pain as wanted to use ram pipes and sock filters, cheers fella will take you up on offer of subframe save me stripping mine down as still has old engine ect on it

#13 akaflash

akaflash

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:04 PM

picked my promo frame up today, top quality work, read the instructions, now just need the time to get on with it

#14 akaflash

akaflash

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:52 PM

got the frame built up this week ,brakes and suspension, finished of the welding on the shell, got the roll cage fitted in, cut of the roof to take carbon fibre skin, hopefully fitting barnett clutch in tommorow then get engine in the frame, then all being well prime the body shell at the weekend, phew one busy week off, where does the time go?

#15 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:55 PM

got the frame built up this week ,brakes and suspension, finished of the welding on the shell, got the roll cage fitted in, cut of the roof to take carbon fibre skin, hopefully fitting barnett clutch in tommorow then get engine in the frame, then all being well prime the body shell at the weekend, phew one busy week off, where does the time go?

busy busy - its worth the effort though :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users