#16 dwealds

dwealds

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Local Club: WSMOC, LSMOC

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:52 PM

That does look very nice indeed! But as my airbag wont work I want to get rid of the whole airbag unit. I looked into the Wood & Pickett conversion, it totalled around £330 which in my mind is bit to much to change a steering wheel! :-

you need to look for a MOMO steering wheel boss, to fit a MGF. You can then fit any MOMO, Sparco etc steering wheel (has the smaller centre than most mini steering wheels). Last time i looked on ebay, the boss kits cost around £50. I think there is a link in one of my previous posts on this thread.

Hope this helps you out!

Ok cheers, I don't suppose you know how that will work with the horn? cheers

#17 redhotmini

redhotmini

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:55 PM

depending on which steering wheel you decide to fit, depends where the horn button is. most use a centre push button, some come with 2 small buttons on the spokes (bit like the standard mini wheel)

#18 dwealds

dwealds

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

Ok cool, so they use the rotary coupling like the Mpi and the MGF as well? Sorry to seem ignorant but obviously I don't want to buy something and find that it doesn't work properly.

#19 redhotmini

redhotmini

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:30 PM

yes. theyre designed for the MGF which used a rotary coupling for the horn and airbag, just so happens that the column splines and rotary coupling is the same as the mini, even though they aren't listed to fit!

#20 dwealds

dwealds

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:47 PM

Excellent, I will have a look at it that, thanks for your help

#21 dwealds

dwealds

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

I just checked out that MGF boss kit on Ebay and I think im going to go for it but does anyone know what PCD stands for?

Here is the link to the item: http://cgi.ebay.co.u...#ht_2099wt_1167

#22 mdickson

mdickson

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:52 PM

I just checked out that MGF boss kit on Ebay and I think im going to go for it but does anyone know what PCD stands for?

Here is the link to the item: http://cgi.ebay.co.u...#ht_2099wt_1167

PCD means Pitch Circle Diameter which means the diameter of the circle which each of the holes centre points are on. Which in the case of this boss there are 6 holes equally spaced at 60degree intervals in circle of 70mm diameter.

Clicky

Edited by mdickson, 23 October 2009 - 05:55 PM.

#23 dwealds

dwealds

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:46 PM

Just to let you all know that I have bought an MGF boss and MOMO steering wheel and will be having a go at fitting it this weekend. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Dan

#24 ScottyBoi

ScottyBoi

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:49 PM

Just to let you all know that I have bought an MGF boss and MOMO steering wheel and will be having a go at fitting it this weekend. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Dan

Pffffffffffft you get paid way to much dude!

If your off over the weekend.. i will be in work in chi... Pop into work and show me your new bits :D

#25 dwealds

dwealds

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:01 PM

Ha ha, Im getting a £2000 pay rise soon as well, lol! I can't believe how expensive steering wheels are :) !

Also the guy at Minispeed said the brakes are pretty shocking and with the amount of power she is putting out now i should uprate them so I feel a set of 8.4" vented and grooved discs with alloy 4 pot calipers and braided hoses may be the next big investment :D

When are you working Scott?

#26 ScottyBoi

ScottyBoi

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

Ha ha, Im getting a £2000 pay rise soon as well, lol! I can't believe how expensive steering wheels are :) !

Also the guy at Minispeed said the brakes are pretty shocking and with the amount of power she is putting out now i should uprate them so I feel a set of 8.4" vented and grooved discs with alloy 4 pot calipers and braided hoses may be the next big investment :)

Haha dude...... pay for the rest of my project then >_<

Yeah i think you should too... better safe than sorry.

I am working Sat and Sunday dude. Just drop me a text.

#27 dwealds

dwealds

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:52 PM

Also the guy at Minispeed said the brakes are pretty shocking and with the amount of power she is putting out now i should uprate them so I feel a set of 8.4" vented and grooved discs with alloy 4 pot calipers and braided hoses may be the next big investment :)

Haha dude...... pay for the rest of my project then >_<

Yeah i think you should too... better safe than sorry.

I am working Sat and Sunday dude. Just drop me a text.

Ha, you wish mate, I did offer to buy it though! Yeah I will be around, will let you know.

#28 dwealds

dwealds

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:40 PM

Yes the wheel is fitted and looks wicked, thanks for all the help everyone, here are a couple of pictures to show you.

Dan

Attached Files

#29 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:49 PM

WoW, that Steering wheel is looking goood Dan, such a nice change from the standard MPI wheel :wub:

#30 dwealds

dwealds

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:01 PM

Cheers man, i hated the original one, wanted something a little more exciting!! lol :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users