477 replies to this topic

#436 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:42 PM

Yeh it’s looking that way that a free pair of professional eyes may be what’s needed. I really want to resolve it myself (why it’s taken sooo long) and I’m a bit precious about someone else poking and prodding it!
Going to make a start on it this week and see how far I get.
The F11 fault should relate directly to the cam sensor (on the bike the wiring would chaff against the fan) but on the many many forums I’ve read people finding that other components can also resolve this issue. All of which I’ve tried I might add.
It was frustrating trying this that and the other with no success but then settling down away from home it was almost out of sight out of mind for a while. I just put off doing anything with it.
Now I have it with me up in London I have a renewed interest and determination to get it back on the road and enjoy it

#437 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:46 PM

I can’t remember if the Lynx kit was about when I was starting my project but I think the Pro-Motive one was fresh on the scene and I saw the prototype on a mini dvd.
Also the comparative cost against a high powered NA A series, supercharged A series and Z-Cars conversion looked far more achievable in my eyes.

#438 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 04:42 PM

So a positive update today. I’ve been putting it off looking at the mini despite it being up here in London in my garage.
Came across a forum post about a different fault to mine but one where it was the power commander at fault. So I’ve just been out and disconnected it and then hooked up the original loom.
A couple of key turns and the fault disappeared and on the third attempt it fired into life.
I couldn’t quite believe it to be honest. I’m pleased and annoyed at the same time for not considering it as a suspect. New parts can be just as faulty as old ones in some cases it would seem

#439 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:14 PM

Looks like I was lazy when I fitted the PC originally and earthed it on the dash rail along with a few other items instead of taking it back to the battery. I’ve now rectified this and the fault code has not reappeared.
However, it’s back to being a pain to start. Without the PC it started up keenly and after only a couple of turns.
Went to try it this evening and it was having none of it and apparently it’s a bit of an issue so far as Dynojet even have it listed on their site under FAQs for ‘hard starting’.
It takes its power through the pump and the injectors but only for a few seconds. If you don’t start the engine in that time the power signal goes and so too does the power for PC hence the engine will not start.

For an engine that doesn’t get started too often this is a nuisance and I have to ask if it’s really worth keeping the Power Commander at all? Does everyone else run on and if so does it also make the task of starting the engine that much harder?

#440 evolone38

evolone38

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:40 AM

I have not had this problem, I do run my pump on its own circuit which runs it constantly and my engine fires quick. I run the PC3 and will be a 5 when I need to. I wonder if the bad grounding upset something in your PC. can you borrow one from someone to see?

#441 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:48 PM

I’ve been persevering with the PCIII to see if I can get the engine running - currently no joy.
I’ve reset it, installed a new map and then spent the day turning engine over and depleting the battery, charging it back up then trying again.
Plan tomorrow will be to disconnect the PCIII and start it through the normal loom, let it run up to temp then revert back to the PCIII and see if it makes any difference with a hot engine.

#442 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 06:42 PM

Took it out for a little cautionary drive around the local side streets on the stock wiring and runs fine. Started keenly on the second attempt. Forgotten how noisy and raw it sounds and feels but it certainly made me smile.
Came back and whipped over the wiring back to the PCIII - tried starting again but no joy so I’m certain there’s something not right with it

#443 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:45 PM

6227-E26-F-CE90-41-E7-A94-E-D8-E2-F999-E

594-C837-C-5846-4536-82-D1-53-A70359-C1-

63281-D52-036-A-47-A2-BD2-B-DB9-E8-F7882

#444 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 05:31 PM

I have a new Mot. It’s first one since February 2016.
Hopefully be at a local show now this Sunday.

#445 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:28 PM

Had both cars up at the local show today at Capel Manor Gardens. Whilst I was actually attending as part of the Evo club the Waltham Abbey Mini Club who we were positioned next to very kindly invited me onto their display. They also helpfully shuffled up a little to fit the Evos into their correct area after an issue over space with the not so friendly neighbouring Ford display.

BE0-C3-C17-49-C5-4428-978-D-F22-F019-E7-

A80-D8-EC5-837-E-4-DEC-81-CE-7-DCA3-AF15

7518-BB49-F24-A-4980-8-FD1-D108096499-CD

D65-FE41-B-0-C0-A-4-D97-B89-A-8-CD98-A7-

7942-F22-C-8-DBC-47-AA-8223-0-E4-BCC349-

#446 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 13 October 2019 - 01:47 PM

That looks so smart!

#447 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:21 PM

Thank you!

#448 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:22 PM

Thank you!

#449 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:11 PM

Now it’s running again I’ve either had no time to use it or more often than not the weather has been appalling.
So been ticking things off my list and first of all I decided to use some RivNuts to make a proper job of securing the door cards to the doors. They also rattled like crazy being carbon fibre so stuck a big wedge of sponge into the door to brace them and this seems to have done the trick.

A refit of the headlining is next on the list but again it’s just finding to free time to dedicate to doing it.
It also now runs just as it used to with the power commander and Speedo healer plugged in.

Not exactly top quality photos here but you get the idea

837-B9492-45-D9-4-AE3-8361-75-E944-BD598

D86-CC8-C8-8-AA6-41-CA-B763-8-EF62-C509-

8-F001-F7-E-3210-4-EAF-A892-3606-EDC0561

#450 kubinski

kubinski

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 07:06 AM

Hello,

Do you have some pictures how you have made your throttle cable (from the engine to the pedal)

Where did you drill the holes for the revurse and the shift cable?

Many thanks :highfive:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users