7 replies to this topic

#1 Gogobroom

Gogobroom

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:39 AM

hello - this is probably a silly question but ..

Which battery do I need for a 1969 Clubmnan ? will a standard Mini battery be ok ? I have checked at the local battery place and they stated the battery for Clubman was different and they dont sock it. n.b. i would hav ethought they would be the same for all mini's :lol:

Any help appreciated.

#2 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:45 AM

standard battery will be fine! However, I always buy the Metro Turbo ones as they have a bit of a better punch!

#3 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:49 AM

I have a vauxhall freedom 074 battery in mine! If you measure the battery box hole, and assuming you have the right sort of terminals*, then get the biggest battery that will fit in th'ole!

* these are easily changeable anyway

#4 Gogobroom

Gogobroom

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:54 AM

Cheers for the speedy replies :grin: I will give it a try with a new battery - the car hasnt started in 20 years so I just want to see if she will turn over and if anything works, like the lights, indicators etc - my project hasnt moved an inch yet - have a broken Rib so cant do anything at the moment - but am dying to get started on her.

#5 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 06 October 2005 - 12:19 PM

well before you go buying a battery just put some jump leads onto the connectors and jump it from you daily runner! that way you'll know without the expense!

#6 Gogobroom

Gogobroom

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:47 PM

Thanks for the advise :lol: So far - the lights, indicators, brakes, horn and wipers work, but nothing on the starting of the engine - If I remember right did there used to be a starter button in the engine bay ?? or did can you cross over the solenoid to get the car started ? forgive me if I am wrong it has been ten years lol

#7 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:05 AM

after 20 years its probably siezed, is the solinoid clicking?

#8 Gogobroom

Gogobroom

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:58 AM

Nope no solenoid clicking at all - I knwo the engine isnt seized - the starter probably is - but a hammer should sort that our - I will check solenoid and see

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users