2 replies to this topic

#1 ladyemz88

ladyemz88

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:22 PM

Hi there, I drive a Mini One (54 plate) and have never had any problems until now. In the last few days the Engine Management Light keeps coming on when I start up the car. One two occasions in the last few days I have taken it to my local garage who have scanned the engine with the diagnostic computer to try and diagnose the probelm but have been unsuccesful in finding out the cause of the light coming on (after this it seems to go off for a while). One the first occassion they gave it an oil and filter change and thought this may resolve the issue and therefore on my second visit could not advise me further. Has anyone else had problems with this?... Please help!

#2 xBR4DLEY

xBR4DLEY

>>mine's still gay<<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:24 PM

Overheating?

#3 newdawn1st

newdawn1st

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • Local Club: Fylde Mini Club

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:01 PM

Is it the EML light or the Check Engine light, from my understanding if its the EML then it may be some concern and the ECU would most likely put your MINI into a 'safe' setting, so it would be pretty obvious something isn't right. Check engine light could be attributed to a bad CAT (exhaust not felix kind :-) or duff pre CAT sensor. The best place may be to ask on Mini2.com as they are mostly BMW MINI owners, just had a quick scan on there and found a similar topic (>>here<<). It seems this is a common problem, so they may already be setup to answer you more accurately and quickly.

Unless one of the more knowledgeable among us on here can post to help >_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users