#16 dazzul

dazzul

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Local Club: BODGE SPEED RACING

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:28 PM

I read this post then rememberd i just saw a white mini with those straps and lights on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3ca6c7ee0b

as it turns out thats not yours. but free bump

#17 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:37 PM

It was in a council parking bay on a street, and it hasn't been towed, as it was taxed, insured etc...

Just got to hope that it turns up :kiss:

Any cctv round that way?

#18 biddles

biddles

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:24 PM

Surprisingly there wasn't any CCTV around that area, which I thought there would have been as it is in the city centre.

Security-wise I didn't have anything other than the doors locked.

In the future I think Im going to have an engine cut off switch which is hidden, so that the engine will not start without turning this switch on, as well as an alarm.

#19 camp freddy

camp freddy

Definitely Not Camp Or A Freddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Local Club: Wreake Mini Wanderers

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:05 PM

me and Ratty will keep our eyes peeled bud!!!!!

#20 me madjoe 90

me madjoe 90

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Local Club: Fylde Mini Club

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:12 PM

Surprisingly there wasn't any CCTV around that area, which I thought there would have been as it is in the city centre.

Security-wise I didn't have anything other than the doors locked.

In the future I think Im going to have an engine cut off switch which is hidden, so that the engine will not start without turning this switch on, as well as an alarm.

disconect ur battery earth is an easy one................... or take the coil pack with you................... or if u know how to wire ur HT leads up again take them with you, theres many other things you can do an im sure with pracitce you could remove and put back some of these things in minutes or less..................... i think its just because people are so rushed and lazy that they leave there car vulmerable or you could have a power cut off switch hidden some where only u know like you said..........................

Edited by me madjoe 90, 04 November 2009 - 10:13 PM.

#21 Philbo

Philbo

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:38 PM

I cant think of anything worse. Good luck with the search hope you find it soon mate.

#22 miniman andy

miniman andy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Local Club: Tamworth Mini Maniacs

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:34 PM

is there any more news???

by the way i got a fuel cut off switch. central locking, battery cut off switch and an alarm on mine. the best i come across is the battery and fuel switches (fuel switch if you have an electic fuel pump like me. ) always works best. that way you dont need to mess about in the engine bay everytime

on my subaru i have to have a clifford (thatchem 1) alarm before they would insure me! lol. but i got one. :) well worth it for a few hundred quid. and better still . engine start button on a key fob. know thats cool! great for the winter and all before you get out the house and into the car. :) sweet!

#23 samsfern

samsfern

Likes Rovers, loves Jeremy Kyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts
  • Local Club: medway mini club/medwaymonkeys

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:32 PM

what happens if you leave it in gear, and press the start button, lol, bye bye car, lol,
bumpedy bump, hope you get it back soon

#24 miniman andy

miniman andy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Local Club: Tamworth Mini Maniacs

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:21 PM

i never leave it in gear. my dad does and that is so anoying when im shifting round cars on the driveway.
anyways this is getting off topic.....

i take it we got no more new on this one? i even payed a visit to a breaker the other day and got myself a door. but did not see no white mini. i even chipped the paint on the door to check but nah that was all blue, and the ad was a braking of a sprite. in cov.

sorry but i didn't find owt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users