Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Local Club: minisevenclub Holland

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:12 PM

Hi,

I have got a problem and I don't know how to fix it or what the problem is......

When the engine is not running I can get it into any gear, klik, klak, no problem.
But when the engine is running it won't snap into it's gears..... I can push in onto his gear and the wheels start turning but when I release the pressure on the gearlever the wheels stop turning.....

It just won't go into his gears......

Could it be the gear cables need adjustment, and if so, what?

Any ideas???

Thanks

René

#2 wtverouden

wtverouden

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:14 PM

Hi Rene,

I think your problem is in the disengagement of the clutch. If the engine is not running you can switch into any gear you like (that's normal). If the engine is running and you put pressure on (say for example) 1e gear, the synchromesh rings will turn the wheels. If pressure is released the wheels stop.

If the cluth fully disengage you will be able to put it in any gear. Simple trick: put the car on its wheels, put it in 1e gear, apply full pressure on the clutch paddle, and start the engine. If the car tries to get forward during startsequence it's clear the clutch is not fully disengaged.

Is the clutch cable operated or hydraulic?

Gr. Pim

#3 Renessy

Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Local Club: minisevenclub Holland

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:26 PM

Tried your advise and the cars goes forward when I try to start the engine in 1st gear...... So the clutch isn't disengaged. then.... How can I help this?

The clutch of the B16 engine is cable operated by the way...

René

#4 wtverouden

wtverouden

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:51 PM

If the car moves forward with the clutch applied than the problem is indeed in the disengagement of the clutch. Normally you can adjust the clutch cable and set it a little tighter. If so there must be somekind of adjust-mechanism on the clutch cable. There isn't enough room right now for the clutch plates to spin freely.

Some cars have self-adjusting clutch cables (this is to overcome the clutch wear during the years / miles). If you have one of these you might have to replace it.

Hope this'll help you.

If tried the above, put the car on it's wheels again, put it in 1e gear and apply the clutchpedal. Let someone push the car (preferabbly not yourself :D) and let the clutch come up. This way you can find the point of clutchengagement and refine the pedal movement.

Good luck, let me know if it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users