#16 minikidx14

minikidx14

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Name: Ross

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:57 PM

roofless ! hi mate you gatta nice mini there buddy giving me a run for me money lol,you did a fibreglass speaker pod under yer rear seats ?? im having trouble sourcing enough glass fleece and resin any ideas ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item43972944c9

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item58847001a6

#17 jamie_t

jamie_t

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:47 AM

looking good cant wait to see it finished. when your done you should make more and sell them (because i want one :shifty:)

Edited by jamie_t, 25 November 2009 - 02:30 PM.

#18 Brams96

Brams96

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

Is it going to be a motorised shelf or just pull out?

#19 ROBBIE 1

ROBBIE 1

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:26 PM

cant really explain im ganna do it this weekend so yull just have to wait and see .

#20 ROBBIE 1

ROBBIE 1

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:38 PM

hi guys been busy today finishing the boot ,all mdf formers have been made now so reay to cover.
This is the last weekend im going to work on the car ,gatta do christmas things from now on ,lots to do and get the house ready so ganna pick it up after christmas plus got loads of goodies coming ,so garage was moped and cleaned and the car cover is on ready for winter sleep lol. ive got to tackle the sub enclosers next year and center console ready for next years show season , thanks guys for all your comments .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

..............and yes the design did change .

#21 Minigirlracer

Minigirlracer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:28 AM

looking good :D its a right pain doing stuff to the mini so close to christmas, ive nearly got mine sorted but got so much otha stuff and things that my money needs to go on. :kiss:

#22 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:41 AM

this really is beginning to look extremely impressive :kiss: sorry i didnt see ytour replies earlier - resin and fleece are easy to find, resin can be had from all major DIY outlets, and online - even ebay.
fleece is best bought from your local dress-making / embroidery shop. they sell it for kids blankets and making fluffy cushions. go for black as it forms best colour base if your carpeting or painting, and a trick I found to minimalise filler wotk over the coarse finish you get on the fleece after resin has been applied is to stretch a second skin of lycra or similar over the piece whilst the resin is still wet on the fleece and dab it into place.

its messy and trick stapling whilst resin is wet, but if you plan ahead and think about where you need to do the fixings its not too bad - it does give you a much smoother final finish though, and reduces filler work by at least 80% by my reckoning - worth the effort and mess.

I fixed my formed MDF piece to a bench with an air gap under it of 200mm so i could stretch the fleece and lycra, but still get an airstapler in and around the underneath.to do invisible fixings.

did you cut the pattern pieces by hand and ' scribe it in ' as you wnr along? or did you draw up patterns?

if you did patterns I wouldnt mind a copy of them - the boot forms around the tank are great.

#23 ROBBIE 1

ROBBIE 1

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:27 PM

kinda made it up as i went along , tried measuring twice cutting once but you know what dont work ,you just gatta eyeball it for ages then cut accordingly .Ive have done this before to my previous cars but not on this scale .Cant wait for the carbon bits to come for the car .

#24 Brams96

Brams96

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:50 AM

Looks like it's going to be pretty good when finished. You have yourself a very tidy car by the looks of things too, love the mags! Keep us all updated with your progress.

#25 ROBBIE 1

ROBBIE 1

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:12 PM

thanks guys !

#26 Miniboy-NL

Miniboy-NL

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Local Club: mini 7 club nl

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:35 PM

its looks very nice

great idea

grtzz and go on

#27 Brams96

Brams96

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:10 PM

It's been nearly a week without pictures, we might start getting withdrawls ! :)

Hows the progress coming?

#28 ROBBIE 1

ROBBIE 1

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:19 PM

HA HA yer me too ,nah had too stop for chrimbo been catching up on my house getting it decorated and lights and fings ,ganna do an epic shop next week ,ill be straight back on the mini after christmas (probably day after boxing day ! lol ) .

#29 jay30

jay30

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:57 PM

Wow! That is looking impressive. Nice work gone into the MDF frame. Keep us posted.

#30 mayfairpaul

mayfairpaul

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Local Club: WCM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

Looks ace mate, keep up the good work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users