#1 Joish

Joish

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Local Club: Ballymena Mini Clan

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:51 PM

Minispares charged me £25 to send a set of group 6 arches and a 5 metre arch to body strip to Northern Ireland..

:P :)

#2 Pitcrew6464

Pitcrew6464

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Local Club: mini 7 racing club

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:58 PM

im after a front bumper lip costs only £6 but deliverys around 14!!

#3 carboy001

carboy001

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:00 PM

Contact Simon on here and see if he can do anything about it, does seem a bit excessive to me.

#4 dave585

dave585

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Local Club: Carry on mini'in

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:01 PM

Minispares charged me £25 to send a set of group 6 arches and a 5 metre arch to body strip to Northern Ireland..

:P :)

Sorry to here that :P But some companies dont class NI as the main land UK and class it as overseas, which is odd as it as UK post codes and the Royal Mail. Its away of making more money off customers :)

#5 mininuts

mininuts

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Clan

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:12 PM

:) :P

Sorry to here that :P But some companies dont class NI as the main land UK and class it as overseas, which is odd as it as UK post codes and the Royal Mail. Its away of making more money off customers :)

Yes, you're right, it don't cost any more to send to Northern Ireland as it does to send to rest of UK by Royal Mail.

Like you said, money making. No need >:)

#6 Timtom

Timtom

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:32 PM

Well.. to be correct.. it should not cost more to send to NI but the courier could charge a levy. e.g DHL have a 'DHL BT' delivery to NI which costs more than the nomal next day services (and takes longer!)

I thought i'd have a look and find a price and hey... guess what its at least

£15.36 + VAT on ParcelToGo.. and that'll take 3 - 4 days. (with DHL Sea Delivery)

And.. on interparcel.co.uk

DHL Next Day to NI will cost you 19.99 plus vat.

Edited by Timtom, 05 December 2009 - 04:39 PM.

#7 Joish

Joish

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:42 PM

Well.. to be correct.. it should not cost more to send to NI but the courier could charge a levy. e.g DHL have a 'DHL BT' delivery to NI which costs more than the nomal next day services (and takes longer!)

I thought i'd have a look and find a price and hey... guess what its at least

£15.36 + VAT on ParcelToGo.. and that'll take 3 - 4 days. (with DHL Sea Delivery)

And.. on interparcel.co.uk

DHL Next Day to NI will cost you 19.99 plus vat.

So technically.. I should be getting back atleast £5 depending on the method of delivery..

#8 asmith88

asmith88

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:43 PM

Senditnow.co.uk -£10.95 for 2-3 day delivery i think. Cheapest ive seen. For £25 i could book an easy jet flight to go pick em up, thats just a stupid price for delivery!

#9 Timtom

Timtom

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:44 PM

but then.. paying for the box and the tape and the bits of bubble wrap :)

#10 [email protected]

[email protected]

Minispares

• Minispares
  • 3,202 posts
  • Name: Simon Jackson

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

PM sent

#11 Bec

Bec

Crazy About Mini's

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:22 PM

Do Minispares even sell group 6 arches? Did you order them through a website? If so which one? I'm just asking because I wonder if it's another company - I know when I was looking into group 6's I couldn't find any through Minispares :) There is another company using a website that could be confused with Minispares due to the name.

#12 Joish

Joish

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:46 PM

Do Minispares even sell group 6 arches? Did you order them through a website? If so which one? I'm just asking because I wonder if it's another company - I know when I was looking into group 6's I couldn't find any through Minispares :) There is another company using a website that could be confused with Minispares due to the name.

Spot on. No they don't sell group 6 arches.

After Simon kindly contacted me about the matter, I realised through fault of my own that the matter is with 'Huddersfield Minispares' and not 'Minispares'. When HMS send emails they do so under the name, "Minispares ([email protected])". I hope you can see where my confusion was here.

I'd also like to point out that Simon kindly contacted me through his own will after seeing this thread and chased up the matter. I think this reflects positively for the real 'Minispares'. Thanks again guys, Josh.

#13 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:43 AM

I see the title has been changed to reflect the mis-understanding. However your first post could do with an edit too as it still reads as tehough it is MiniSpares and not the Huddersfield based retailer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users