#16 camp freddy

camp freddy

Definitely Not Camp Or A Freddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Local Club: Wreake Mini Wanderers

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:58 AM

I'm proud to say TMF have a stand the the British Mini Fair! There is a very limited number of spaces for minis but if you would like to be involved in the stand please send me a pm - even if we can't fit your mini in the stand is themed so many members of TMF can get involved and be recognised! I'll also need help making the stand itself if anyone is willing .... it will involve some woodwork and making signs :) To be on the stand for health and safety the organisers have said the mini cannot have more than a 1/4 tank of fuel and batteries must be disconnected. Passes will be received by TMF early January.

We will also need to arrange a good time for everyone to meet at the stand for a group photo.

More news about the British Mini Fair itself can be found here. I've been going there myself since 2004 and I always really enjoy it so I'm over the moon we've managed to get a stand this year! I personally love the amount of trade stands, that nearly all of it is indoors and seeing mini friends for the first show of the year! I've found information about which traders will be there here.

I'm not going to give away the theme of the stand so it will be a nice suprise but the British Mini Club have themed the event on 50 years of the Mini Van so it is titled 'Commercial breakdown', the stand itself can have any type of mini on though. Also if you own a van or estate and you can't make it on the TMF stand but on display at the pride of ownership you can get special passes if you see the above link :)

Posted Image

Will Vern be well enough for this show????? ;) :P

#17 Bec

Bec

Crazy About Mini's

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:23 PM

Oh he will now thank you but he won't be on the stand, he's been on enough club stands this year despite his tatty state and as there are only three spaces available he won't be one of them :thumbsup:

I'm thinking of drawing names from a hat for spaces if folks would like to continue showing their interest :thumbsup: I can look into a meal maybe for the Sat if there are enough peeps wanting one? I also wondered about setting up the stand early on the Sun once the minis are in place - I think I get passes for stand helpers, I've not got the paperwork here to check though but I could really do with a few more pairs of hands please.

And finally please can I start a list of who from here will be at the show and if you would like to lend your body to participate in the TMF stand (in the way of wearing a name badge - TMF name and first name) please let me know - I don't expect you to hang around the stand all day but it would be really good if you could be there for the club stand judging please, it will make sense I promise ;) :)

#18 mr coop

mr coop

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:28 AM

i'll be there with henry! any one else coming from birmingham?

#19 nomis

nomis

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:31 PM

Is anyone meeting up sat nite for this show for a few drinks and afew after in the travelodge :P

#20 mighty mini jack

mighty mini jack

Mighty Before a Pint

• Members
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:46 AM

We should be there, need a sort out a few things first and depending on the metro actually making it but we'll try be there!

EDIT:

Bec- the name badge tag doodle thing seems a good idea, i'm up for it!

Edited by mighty mini jack, 03 January 2010 - 03:46 AM.

#21 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:25 AM

Please bung me name down for a Matilda-showy-offy, a name badge-a-weary & a tabley-having for the sellage of calendars.

Fankoo.
:thumbsup:

#22 Barnett

Barnett

Michael Jackson has died...*plop*

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
  • Local Club: the freeeeloader!!

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:57 AM

Shame i live sooo far away, id love to meet some of you again!!! =) would be about 1600mile round trip....

Edited by Barnett, 03 January 2010 - 11:31 AM.

#23 Bec

Bec

Crazy About Mini's

• Admin
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:46 AM

I've decided I'm going to make as many badges up before hand as I can but will make some blank ones too should anyone on the day want to wander up and take part :thumbsup: Just need to order some dodgy things from ebay, see how my wood work skills have faired from lack of use, get rid of my tonsilitis and get cracking with the stand :P

:(

#24 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:59 AM

We will hopefully be there although maybe not in the Scamp as I don't really want to leave him outside considering the ever changing weather and the BMC won't let the Scamp enter any catagories, their last excuse was it isn't recognised as a Mini........................ apparently :( :thumbsup:

#25 danny2009

danny2009

Previously 'gerrard'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:13 PM

We should be there, need a sort out a few things first and depending on the metro actually making it but we'll try be there!

EDIT:

Bec- the name badge tag doodle thing seems a good idea, i'm up for it!

it got there last time, it just had a fit on the m1 on the way home :thumbsup:

#26 cherryblossom

cherryblossom

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Local Club: medievil minis

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

me, rhyd and hopefully mini93 should be there with our club, but defo think the badge thing is a good idea :thumbsup:

#27 MiniHarriett<3

MiniHarriett<3

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Local Club: TMF & J19

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:01 AM

I'll be there.

& for the messy night before staying at Stafford central Travelodge!
:)

Name Badge me up Baby!

#28 miniman retford

miniman retford

Most Definitely Not Beer Powered....

• Members
  • 3,553 posts
  • Local Club: Lincs ford group

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:06 PM

Is anyone meeting up sat nite for this show for a few drinks and afew after in the travelodge :cry:

We will be at the travelodge on the saturday,see you there Simon :)

Ooh badge please Bec :)

#29 floydrob

floydrob

Mini Mad

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Local Club: no

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:35 PM

does anyone know what the crack is with the jumble? i just stripped a cooper write off so have alot of wee bits and peices to sell. do i need to book a stand? and how can i do that?

#30 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:02 PM

will be there! Need to get some new wheel studs, nuts and a bew ball joint after the wheel fell off my mini! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users