Attached Files

#17 rosco454

rosco454

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:04 PM

Rosco454! :thumbsup: that mini was a mini world cover star not that long ago!! i cant believe it was sold! any idea what sort of pric it went for as it was mint! its a full race spec mini with the comfort of a normal mini!! it even had NOS thats what the holes are for under the front windscreen its where the purge valve spits out from! and the holes in the bonnet are so air can be dirrectly fed to the oil cooler!

god i would have loved to have owned that!! :P

It went for around the 7k mark I believe - lot of car for the money.

The bonnet holes are for the intercooler as opposed to the oil cooler but one of the scuttle holes has a nitrous purge valve in it as you say.Apart from having a weld in cage and moving everything further back,its about as near to a race car as your going to get - doubt theres much comfort in it though,probably a bit of a back breaker :D

Lovely car though,if I hadnt of bought the miglia I would have been in the running for it.

#18 crazirob

crazirob

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:36 PM

Does anyone know about Rob browns Mini Van, its a metallic Slate grey and i can only find the porsche Grey, Does n e one know the specific paint code for his car, as it has a slight hint of purple it is the best one i think!!! ures are all pretty though :D

#19 trafficface09

trafficface09

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Local Club: not yet but soon

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:05 AM

grey is slowly becoming my favourite colour on a mini, i wonder if it is a nightmare to clean. black really shows the dirt!

#20 Trail of Dead

Trail of Dead

taught his mini only to kill those who deserve it....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Local Club: East Coast Mini Club

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:12 AM

Here is a couple shots of my '82 Mayfair....you said you wanted different tones of gray or silver, enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 Minigirlracer

Minigirlracer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:08 PM

grey is slowly becoming my favourite colour on a mini, i wonder if it is a nightmare to clean. black really shows the dirt!

It shows the dirt a bit, mines has been in the garage since it's been resprayed and the dust on it shows well :thumbsup: , also my dog walked past when she was muddy and flicked a bit of mud on and that showed up well aswell :( lol

once i get windows back in its guna go outside but to be fair i dont think its as bad as the dark blue i used to have so we will see...

#22 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

Some car-types try & tell me that Matilda's really grey, but she's anthracite....

Posted Image

#23 ross k

ross k

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:54 PM

hey guys also thinking of painting my car grey steel grey anymore pictures of your grey minis and when you guys are at shows so you see many grey minis as i would like mine to be a rare colour thanks ross

#24 GTIAlex06

GTIAlex06

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:00 PM

Posted Image

Not actually grey but the paint code makes it "Oyster Grey"...beige to be honest tho :D

#25 alg5000

alg5000

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:05 PM

Hope mines ok in this group.

Attached Files

#26 Twincam

Twincam

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

Hope mines ok in this group.

Looks yummy :D

#27 ross k

ross k

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:49 PM

alg 500 i love ur mini what colour grey is that and do you find many minis the colour of yours thanks ross

#28 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:02 PM

The mayfair used to be grey, didn't like it though so it's now going/gone green lol

Posted Image
Posted Image

And the 25, which has been referred to a grey, even though it's silver lol

Posted Image

#29 alg5000

alg5000

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:11 PM

alg 500 i love ur mini what colour grey is that and do you find many minis the colour of yours thanks ross

Hi ross K,

its a suzzuki grey i only know of one other car with it, but it came out a slightly differnt colour. if im honest i prefer my colour. i dont know why maybe something to do with the primer? thats why i picked the colour i wanted something rare. it depends if you want a tradtional mini colour? if you do, check out the colour guide on the forum. if you dont go to a locat pain suppiler and look at colour swatches.

NEVER just choose a Colour from picture of the net. you have to go and see it on something. colours can vary so much with different cameras, having the flash on or off. your monitor and photos being enhances in photoshop. i saw pictures of mine after it been sprayed just through pictures and was really worried as it didnt look right. so i went to see it and it look so much better.

What style are you aiming for? it will help narrow down the kind of colour you want?
i wanted something retro/ classic feel. so it eliminated all metalics and pearls ect.
do you want lots of chrome? or black bumpers and detailing?

dont know if that helps?

#30 Bert

Bert

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

one my friend done Gun metal grey
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic