5 replies to this topic

#1 frog998

frog998

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:05 PM

Decided to sell the car to make way for a clubman project but not sure what price to ask, i think it should be somewhere around £1750 but hopefully you lot can give me a guide.
I have taken pictures of the car (hopefully showing the parts needed to give a valuation) and it has 6 months tax and 11 months MOT, showing 78000 miles but the speedo cable has recently snapped so mileage should be slighty higher.
The car has a 1275 (MG metro) engine, HIF44 carb with cone air filter, all wiring moved to behind the dashboard which is a walnut burr 3+3 (although the 3 small clocks were never fitted by previous owner), all doors have walnut burr cappings and has a matching steering wheel. 2 x Cobra reclining seats (think there the monaco's but not sure) and the rear seat has been covered to match.10 discs Sony cassette / cd multiplayer stereo with 2 6x9 fitted into rear parcel shelf and 2 sony speakers fitted into dash in place of fresh air intakes.
The brakes are also MG metro (vented discs) but not sure if the calipers are 4 pot or not. 12" alloys with 155/70/12 tyres all with good tread.
Anyway have a look at the pictures and let meknow what you think
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
  • Local Club: LCMOC

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:18 PM

if u decide to sell the seats i may be interested can give u a set of cobreau ones to replace them fixed back

#3 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:28 PM

It has it's issues, but i don't think you're a million miles away.... try it at 1750 and see if you get any nibbles, but I see that around the 13-1500 bracket as a private sale...

I make the assumption that it's been resprayed in the not to dim past, showing a bit of flaking on the o/s scuttle where it's also starting to bubble ( on both sides ) as a buy I would be suspicious of this and would be looking for evidence of a fill and spray over job...

#4 frog998

frog998

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:32 PM

As far as i know the previous owner owned it for 10 years and dont think he had it sprayed in that time.
Might try it for £1750 and see what happens

#5 frog998

frog998

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

Now advertised in the for sale section
Please LOCK

#6 Dom

Dom